• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Colors |OT| of AWESOME! OUTSTANDING! AMAZING! CUBE! And Very High Reviews

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Foxix said:
Just watched the GT review, and wow. That really went against most of everything I've seen of the game so far. :lol
Most other reviews have disagreed as well. Not saying GT is wrong, those were apparently real problems for them. I'm not too worried personally though.

My Sonic fanfic is pretty boss.

So, Sonic and Tails go to the store and buy stuff to make chili dogs. They come home and start making chili dogs. After they make the chili dogs, they eat them. Sonic is like "Man, we just ate like, 20 chili dogs." All of a sudden, Robotnik blows up their house, killing Tails. Sonic is like "NOOOOOOOOO TAILS" and kills Robotnik. Then Knuckles kills Sonic.

Teknoman

Aaron Strife said:

So, Sonic and Tails go to the store and buy stuff to make chili dogs. They come home and start making chili dogs. After they make the chili dogs, they eat them. Sonic is like "Man, we just ate like, 20 chili dogs." All of a sudden, Robotnik blows up their house, killing Tails. Sonic is like "NOOOOOOOOO TAILS" and kills Robotnik. Then Knuckles kills Sonic.

:lol nice.

Pureauthor said:
A Sonic/Kingdom Hearts/Mario/Pokemon crossover where the bad guys are Dr. Robotnik Eggman, Dr. Wily, and Bowser! It's GENIUS!

Where's Giovanni?

Aaron Strife said:

That sounds awesome. :lol

Aaron Strife said:

Holy fuck :lol

The Technomancer

Aaron Strife said:

"I must kill Eggman!"

"No Sonic, you are the Eggman."

Aaron Strife said:

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/flash-tub/ultimate-sonic-fan.php

The_Technomancer said:
Most other reviews have disagreed as well. Not saying GT is wrong, those were apparently real problems for them. I'm not too worried personally though.

Edit: I may have jumped the gun.

But I'd be careful with that review. Sonic being a little tough to control is wrong, but there's still a lot of things I'd disagree with.

The_Technomancer said:
"I must kill Eggman!"

"No Sonic, you are the Eggman."
"I am the Eggman? That's what I am?" asked Sonic.

"You are the Eggman, you've got the master plan," affirmed Robotnik.

Then the Egg Pawns break into chorus.

FAMITSU

Sonic Colors

NDS - 8/8/8/8
Wii - 8/8/8/10

Others:

Cross Board 7 [360] 7/8/7/7
Sonic Free Riders [360] 8/8/8/8
DanceEvolution [360] 9/9/8/7
Kinect Sports [360] 7/7/7/8
Call of Duty: Black Ops [360/PS3] 10/10/9/10
EA SPORTS MMA [360/PS3] 8/7/8/8
Agarest Senki 2 [PS3] 8/7/7/8
Move Party [PS3] 7/7/6/7
WE 2011 [PSP] 8/8/8/8
Criminal Girls [PSP] 8/7/6/7
WE 2011 [PS2] 8/7/7/8

Threi

notag
man gotta praise the OST again.

My previous fav tune was chun-nan day theme from Unleashed, i thought that was the best thing about that game and wouldn't be topped, but putting that tune next to aquatic park zone 1, sweet mountain 2, and wisp planet 1 and 2, it just blows it out of the water.

The soundtrack has me more hyped for the game than anything shown to be honest :lol

The Technomancer

Ryu Hayabusa said:
FAMITSU

Sonic Colors

NDS - 8/8/8/8
Wii - 8/8/8/10
Added to the OP, thanks. Those are some pretty nice scores from them. Just about the only other one that I really care about is EDGE, and I'm betting we'll see a 6 or a 7 from them.

TheOGB

Banned
Aaron Strife said:

Shouldn't have stolen his emmerroawds

farnham

Banned
Ryu Hayabusa said:
FAMITSU

Sonic Colors

NDS - 8/8/8/8
Wii - 8/8/8/10

Others:

Cross Board 7 [360] 7/8/7/7
Sonic Free Riders [360] 8/8/8/8
DanceEvolution [360] 9/9/8/7
Kinect Sports [360] 7/7/7/8
Call of Duty: Black Ops [360/PS3] 10/10/9/10
EA SPORTS MMA [360/PS3] 8/7/8/8
Agarest Senki 2 [PS3] 8/7/7/8
Move Party [PS3] 7/7/6/7
WE 2011 [PSP] 8/8/8/8
Criminal Girls [PSP] 8/7/6/7
WE 2011 [PS2] 8/7/7/8

wow free riders is actually good?

SwiftSketcher said:
Woo! (But maybe you should spoiler tag this...)

Please I hope this game sells boatloads pleasssse. I needs me an HD port...!!

Done, even though it was discussed before unspoilered. :p

And tsk on that port hope.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
SwiftSketcher said:

I'd love a HD port, but considering the Wii is the best market for Sonic games (IIRC), it's not very likely to happen.

Hero of Legend said:
Done, even though it was discussed before unspoilered. :p

And tsk on that port hope.
Haha, I'd love to buy a Wii and play this right away, but I could at best afford a port for the PS3 I own already. And with how amazing this game looks already, I can only imagine what an HD facelift could do... mmm...

The best Sonic game in 15 years should give all consoles some love!

Combichristoffersen said:
I'd love a HD port, but considering the Wii is the best market for Sonic games (IIRC), it's not very likely to happen.
Going by the so far correct Wentos from /v/ if this sells really well a HD port can happen, sega have the game set for easy porting or something. The Wentos poster was correct about sonic unleashed and some other sonic stuff.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
SwiftSketcher said:
Woo! (But maybe you should spoiler tag this...)

You're quite brave, aren't you ;)? If you like platformers, buying a Wii isn't a bad idea, considering three great Mario titles, DKCR, Kirby, Wario, Sonic Colors and Epic Mickey.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Diablohead said:
Going by the so far correct Wentos from /v/ if this sells really well a HD port can happen, sega have the game set for easy porting or something. The Wentos poster was correct about sonic unleashed and some other sonic stuff.

Really? Consider my interest tickled and pickled

Diablohead said:

He recently said something about the next Mario and Sonic game being more than an Olympic mini-game collection too, according to NoGintendo. Let's hope he continues being right!

Watched the GT review and man oh man they savaged the game.

I tend to agree with them more often than not, so this is probably the one review I'll really listen to. I'll likely still give the game a shot eventually, but I'm expecting less Sonic Galaxy and more Sonic's Galaxy.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Too late to spoiler tag that with 2 posts quoting it. :lol Good that I don't care about being spoiled by that info.

Won't S ranking be too easy with Super Sonic? I wonder how it affects the stage ranking or if you don't get ranked at all.

JADS

I just got word that I can pick up the game tomorrow evening. My first Sonic game after Sonic Adventure 2, so I am not sure what to expect from a gameplay perspective. As long as it isn't anything like the LP of 2006, I should be fine :lol

Yoshi said:
You're quite brave, aren't you ;)? If you like platformers, buying a Wii isn't a bad idea, considering three great Mario titles, DKCR, Kirby, Wario, Sonic Colors and Epic Mickey.
My wallet weeps and so do I as watch the year of the platformers pass me by :lol
:'(

Just caught up and listened to the soundtrack. I've got a strong feeling that the Phantasy Star Universe composers were involved with the soundtrack, that first final boss track shares many similarities with the The Last Story and The Vibe: The End of Planets.

And that second final boss track and Aquatic Park Act 1 & 3 are simply unbelievable, I never believed that we'd ever hear a Sonic soundtrack that could come close to S3&K again but Colours has not just equaled S3&K, it has surpassed it.

MYE

SwiftSketcher said:

Is there anything more depressing than setting yourself up for a ban over a Sonic game?

I dont think so :lol

Top Bottom