• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Colors |OT| of AWESOME! OUTSTANDING! AMAZING! CUBE! And Very High Reviews

faridmon said:
If its 4 CDS soundtrack, then I am in. otherwise, it is a bit too steep for me.
It's a 3 disc soundtrack actually. The vast majority of Japanese soundtrack releases are 2-3 discs so I think it's fair to assume it contains everything used in the game.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Oh wow! It looks Sonic still has it.

AniHawk

What gets me about Planet Wisp Act 2 is the exact moment the bass jumps in: right when Sonic starts running and the player takes control. So awesome. It's like it was done on purpose or something.

gimz

after i watched DKCR video, and watch this, i just wish Sega didnt fancy with the 3D and camera movement, the camera zoom in and out too much i thought

WillyFive

The_Technomancer said:
It sounds like we're only getting half of the sound, from one speaker or something. I'm hoping that that's actually what it is.

Well, I actually am getting only sound from the left speaker. But I don't know if it's because of the game or the video.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Willy105 said:
Well, I actually am getting only sound from the left speaker. But I don't know if it's because of the game or the video.
Can anyone else comment on that video? It really does seem very off music-wise, especially the first thirty seconds or so.

TheOGB

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
Can anyone else comment on that video? It really does seem very off music-wise, especially the first thirty seconds or so.
Yep, sound only out of one speaker. Probably the video.

The_Technomancer said:
I can't stand the remixed music they use for Act 2 of Sweet Mountain though. Sounds horrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHIUBOySdSg

It sounds like we're only getting half of the sound, from one speaker or something. I'm hoping that that's actually what it is.
Huh? I think it sounds awesome! I mean so far I have liked the Act 2 remixes less than the originals, but the Sweet Mountain remix sounds like the best so far! Although I'm listening through headphones and getting sounds through both sides, so I don't know?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Same as SwiftSketcher here, I'm getting sound on both sides of my headphones and I also think it sounds nice.

Amusing touch, how the Wisp icons on the HUD "fall asleep" during points when you can't use them. I hadn't noticed that before someone pointed it out in the Youtube comments.

The Technomancer

Fuu said:
Same as SwiftSketcher here, I'm getting sound on both sides of my headphones and I also think it sounds nice.
Right around the 19-20 second mark in particular it cuts in and out in a way that sounds really bad to me. Is it better on headphones or something?

The_Technomancer said:
Right around the 19-20 second mark in particular it cuts in and out in a way that sounds really bad to me. Is it better on headphones or something?
That could be the case. It's actually very catchy to me, and definitely at the caliber the rest of the OST. I don't really hear anything weird about it TBH.

AniHawk said:
What gets me about Planet Wisp Act 2 is the exact moment the bass jumps in: right when Sonic starts running and the player takes control. So awesome. It's like it was done on purpose or something.
I know, it looks kind of badass. It's little touches like these that have been missing in recent Sonic games; so glad Sonic seems to be back.

TheOGB

Banned
SwiftSketcher said:
That could be the case. It's actually very catchy to me, and definitely at the caliber the rest of the OST. I don't really hear anything weird about it TBH.
Hell yes, Sweet Mountain is definitely my favorite level so far music-wise.

Fuu

The_Technomancer said:
That part sounds ok here. So far I'm digging Act 2's mix more than Act 1, I particularly like how it sounds from 1:07~1:30.

This is the Colors thread of course, but this is obviously Sonic-related.

Free Riders credits are up, and the cast but no matching characters are:

Roger Craig Smith
Kate Higgins
Mike Pollock
Kirk Thornton
Wally Wingert
Cindy Robinson
Karen Strassman
Michelle Ruff
Mike Mycheck
Kent Hampton (Travis Willingham)

http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/20...ree-riders-story-ending-full-free-theme-song/

And Kyle Hebert confirmed on his Facebook page and website that he is apparently Big now.

Finally, the voice company is Studiopolis Inc. in Studio City CA.

http://www.studiopolisinc.com/

TheOGB

Banned
Hero of Legend said:
Roger Craig Smith
Kate Higgins
Mike Pollock
Kirk Thornton
Wally Wingert
Cindy Robinson
Karen Strassman
Michelle Ruff
Mike Mycheck
Kent Hampton (Travis Willingham*)

http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/20...ree-riders-story-ending-full-free-theme-song/

And Kyle Hebert confirmed on his Facebook page and website that he is apparently Big now.
Crimson Viper is now Cream and Ryu is now Big the Cat

lolwhaaaaat

*Oh snap, Col. Mustang from Fullmetal Alchemist is Knuckles
WTF HE'S ALSO GUILE?!

The Technomancer

Continuing my way through the Sonic 2006 Lets Play....they just started Shadow....I have to watch some footage of Colors between each video as an antidote. I think I can feel parts of my brain melting.

The_Technomancer said:
Continuing my way through the Sonic 2006 Lets Play....they just started Shadow....I have to watch some footage of Colors between each video as an antidote. I think I can feel parts of my brain melting.
Oh, you ain't seen NOTHING yet.

AniHawk

The_Technomancer said:

EmCee was right about them succumbing to numbness. It's truly fascinating.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The_Technomancer said:

I just started watching the Silver portion myself.

Watching this thing is like watching a train wreck. I can absolutely feel their pain. It's almost like I'm actually playing the game with them.

Also, Medibot is annoying.

TL4E

I'd say Sonic 4 sorta broke the Sonic cycle--maybe 1/2 way.

This game will certainly break the Sonic cycle.

Can I just clarify from those that have played it:

When people are saying this is good, are they saying it in the same way that they said Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic Rush and Sonic Unleashed were good (meaning dire crap), or is it actually, well, good good?

I don't mean good for a Sonic game (which means nothing) but does it play as a good game in its own right?

Because if it is actually, legitimately, in its own right, a good game, the first in fifteen years, then I should play it.

I just don't want to waste my money again.

Fuu said:
You won't like it, Mama, just give up and stop suffering. :lol

I should. But I watched one or two of the trailers, and they didn't offend or sicken me. I can't remember the last time a Sonic trailer did that. This game looks like it could possibly be, in the right context and circumstances, a little bit close to resembling a degree or two of possible actual fun.

And that surprises me enough to want to maybe try part of it.

The Technomancer

Mama Robotnik said:
I should. But I watched one or two of the trailers, and they didn't offend or sicken me. I can't remember the last time a Sonic trailer did that. This game looks like it could possibly be, in the right context and circumstances, a little bit close to resembling a degree or two of possible actual fun.

And that surprises me enough to want to maybe try part of it.
We had the reviewer for Nintendo Power stop in the other thread, maybe he can give more specific impressions if he stops by.

Kujo

Mama Robotnik said:
When people are saying this is good, are they saying it in the same way that they said Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic Rush and Sonic Unleashed were good (meaning dire crap), or is it actually, well, good good?
Sonic Rush was good...

Anyway I doubt you'll like this, it builds upon the Unleashed daytime stages

Sciz

Mama Robotnik said:

Speaking as someone who hasn't played it, the difference between Colors and those three is that there's nothing catastrophically stupid lurking in the dark corners of the design. What you see in the available videos is what the game is, nothing more.

Whether that looks fun or not is entirely up to you.

The Technomancer

Mojo said:
Sonic Rush was good...

Anyway I doubt you'll like this, it builds upon the Unleashed daytime stages
It doesn't seem to really though. Each level has some Unleashed style fast-paced blitz forward sections, but they also seem a lot more complex in terms of moment-to-moment choices about how to go, more "interactive" if you will. The wisps seem like a large part of this, as does the better vantage point granted by all the 2D.

And I personally really enjoyed the Unleashed daytime stages.

WillyFive

If it's as replayable and addicting as Sonic Rush, I might consider getting this!

I did not like the Sonic Unleashed levels because they were horribly linear.

Willy105 said:
If it's as replayable and addicting as Sonic Rush, I might consider getting this!

I did not like the Sonic Unleashed levels because they were horribly linear.

Which version? The 360/PS3 version weren't really that linear, all told. There were a handful of detours you could take.

TheOGB

Banned
cooljeanius said:
23vb6a.jpg

I'm sure it is.

Iknos

Mama Robotnik said:

I don't mean good for a Sonic game (which means nothing) but does it play as a good game in its own right?

Because if it is actually, legitimately, in its own right, a good game, the first in fifteen years, then I should play it.

I just don't want to waste my money again.

This.

Sonic doesnt need to be digging tunnels to be good so who knows if this is just another gimmicky attempt by Sega to make a decent Sonic game.

And the same goofs keep buying these games only encouraging them to do more.

Can't trust those reviews anymore. Can't trust reviews period they just don't know what they are talking about we've seen people rave over Sonic 4 we're going to see the same shit here.

Fuu

Iknos said:
This.

Sonic doesnt need to be digging tunnels to be good so who knows if this is just another gimmicky attempt by Sega to make a decent Sonic game.

And the same goofs keep buying these games only encouraging them to do more.

Can't trust those reviews anymore. Can't trust reviews period they just don't know what they are talking about we've seen people rave over Sonic 4 we're going to see the same shit here.
Why even bother with the game then? I'll never understand the mindset of people who think all Sonic games in latest years are absolute shit + think Sega can't be trusted on releasing a good one but still insist on paying attention/trying out every single one that's released. Let it go!

Top Bottom