• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Mania |OT| Dreams Come True

RockmanBN

Finished game as Knuckles.

I assume you need to beat the game with all 3 characters having all u emeralds to get the final battle?

Randomizer

I expect the Switch version to sell the most due to it's small library and need for new games. Also Sonic and Nintendo go well together.

robot

game is dope as shit

so i beat my first
sonic 3 bonus stage
and unlocked
super peel mode from sonic cd
. how the hell do i use it, though?

Hold up and then press jump

edit: if you mean how do you select it, choose a no save game and press X.

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
I got it.

Question:
I unlocked super peel out. How do I do it? Also how do I manually grab onto tails?

Yousefb

Just gonna confirm what some posters were saying regarding the Switch version. There is definitely some sort of delay when you tap the home button or even the power button for sleep mode. It's strange, hopefully something that can be patched.

Other than that the game runs smoothly! Absolutely love it on handheld mode.

nowarning

Just got to
Startdust Speedway
Game is full of awesome little touches like
Cluckers from Wing Fortress
and
Boss 2 on Press Garden throwing the Asterons as ninja stars

Some of the blue sphere stages are absolutely brutal

Falk

that puzzling face
I got it.

Question:
I unlocked super peel out. How do I do it? Also how do I manually grab onto tails?

When you go to the Mania Mode menu, highlight 'No Save' and hit the 'secrets' button to toggle Sonic's special move. Only works on No Save mode

Tails grab: Up and jump twice to put Tails into copter mode.

This is going to be a nice Sonic-flavored apéritif before Kingdom Battle on the 29th.

raw

Game has surpassed all my expectations as some one born in 1986 and had my mind blown when I saw Sonic 1 for the first time.

It's a new Sonic game that plays like the old ones. It's almost maddening that we've had to wait this long.

Switch version, no issues so far. It was available for purchase at midnight UK time.

They are talented for sure.

I'm sure those guys know those games up and down, and have a real sense of what works and what doesn't work in a good 2d Sonic level design.

Yeah they're really on point. The new levels feel almost hectic and there's so many branching paths but they never blindside you with a cheap trap without warning. Even when it turns into a roller coaster your just hanging onto they understood to kill that momentum a bit before dropping you back into the action.

I'm really hoping they get to do a Sonic 5 from scratch next. They need to just let them loose. They've definitely earned it.

nowarning

I'm done for tonight, got to
boss 2 on Stardust Speedway
wow what a throwback, SFX and everything. I absolutely love it.

FN-2187

Told myself I would not spend a penny on video games until Xbox One X, but screw it, alert the stars, wake up Saturn, blue is back.

ryushe

Damn, my Switch and PS4 collector's edition isn't going to be here until Thursday. Pretty livid about that. Might just download the game tomorrow anyway and pass the Switch code to my friend or something.

Phediuk

I honestly didn't even know it was possible for me to be this excited to play Sonic.

It's like this game has awoken a part of me that was dormant for like the past 20 years.

2 hours until it unlocks because I'm in the middle of the United States.

Sometimes living in Colorado sucks.

Actually, that is most times.

All the people claiming we're gonna see it at 12 are making me think that shit ain't happening LOL

I'm doing work for my graduate program now; I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

bman94

Yeah...I think I'm going to do a really unadult decision and stay up to 12 to buy and download the game and play it for a while...even though I have work tomorrow.

Top Bottom