• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokonoe

Banned
Personally, I would love to see them try one of the ghost levels since that trope is underused.

http://youtu.be/QyrFzIzrUAA?t=2m17s

yrAzPcL.jpg

qq more

I never even got that far so I'm in the dark as to what this mission in particular is.
You have to blow out EVERY single torch in the level or something like that. Problem is that there's a some segments with torches that are over large pits. It's a lot more annoying than it sounds. I mean you have to stop and blow out every torch you see every second...

Oh nice! I hadn't heard of this one. Do you know if it will run on actual hardware?

I am not 100% sure but I'm going to say probably not? The Genesis has a hard limit on file size because of how much data ROM banks can hold. I know this because somebody crazy out there made a Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 hack for the Genesis version that adds in like, six or eight new playable characters, a bunch of arenas from other Mortal Kombat games, and a ton of features.

The ROM for that is like 6mb. Won't play on real hardware and won't even play on most emulators.

S3&K is actually over the bank size limit if I remember right, but it gets around it by having S3 and S&K in separate banks, so when you reach the end of one bank it just switches to the other. For a while it was actually impossible to emulate S3&K as a complete game because of this, if I recall.

Then again, at a glance, Sonic 3 Complete seems to be smaller in file size than S3&K all put together (3.9mb vs. 4.1mb), so maybe it will work on real hardware.

Edit: Regen seems to run S3C just fine, and Regen is one of the most hardware-accurate Genesis emulators out there right now.

Sciz

More familiar faces. And to think there was a time we weren't sure if SonicGAF would last a week without getting trolled off the board or imploding due to lack of interest.

Then again, at a glance, Sonic 3 Complete seems to be smaller in file size than S3&K all put together (3.9mb vs. 4.1mb), so maybe it will work on real hardware.

As thorough as the hack is, I'd expect it culls the huge amount of redundant data shared between the two carts.

Mark1

Just went through a weird glitch in Sonic 1 Remake, when it went to the Labyrinth part of the credits as Knuckles, he died hitting the spikes and I got a game over.

Just went through a weird glitch in Sonic 1 Remake, when it went to the Labyrinth part of the credits as Knuckles, he died hitting the spikes and I got a game over.

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get through the whole credits as Knuckles. #taxmanquality

Satam and Sonic Underground 4 lyfe. I can say that I have an attachment to Sonic X, given that it was the only series that I was able to actually watch live on Saturday mornings as it aired.

I'll watch SATAM one day...it didn't interest me the one time I watched it as a kid, I wanted light hearted Sonic cartoons and the one I had, filled the need for me.

qq more

I'll watch SATAM one day...it didn't interest me the one time I watched it as a kid, I wanted light hearted Sonic cartoons and the one I had, filled the need for me.

Yeah, I wasn't that much into SATAM as a kid. I mean I've watched some episodes and thought they were great but I was always into AoSTH. I gave it another shot recently and watched both seasons... it holds up really well! I recommend it

PKrockin

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog is horrible, but in a batshit insane amusing sort of way. Also Robotnik's voice may be the best thing in the universe.

When were you a kid? All the cartoons were good when I was a kid...Duck Tales, Talespin, Darkwing Duck, Bonkers, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Aladdin, Gummi Bears...etc
I missed all that good shit from the late '80s-early '90s like TMNT, Duck Tales, etc. I vaguely recall watching a few episodes of Sonic Underground when I was like 10. Didn't help that we didn't get cable until I was a teenager so I had to watch cartoons at a friend or relative's house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom