• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
X had a pretty kickass soundtrack. At least, originally.

Underground, on the other hand, had Sonic singing.

I think it goes without saying that X wins.

Anth0ny

when Underground aired (at 6am in Canada), I was at the age where NOTHING was bad

so I liked it.

I also loved Sonic X. Only ever watched fansubs of it. Hironobu Kageyama sings the theme song, so that show is definitely still awesome.

Kokonoe

Banned
Playing Donkey Kong Land 1 for the first time in over 12 years, this is definitely my favorite Donkey Kong game. For some reason...I never really was into Donkey Kong much, I've played the first two SNES ones, but this one I like a lot more.

Playing Donkey Kong Land 1 for the first time in over 12 years, this is definitely my favorite Donkey Kong game. For some reason...I never really was into Donkey Kong much, I've played the first two SNES ones, but this one I like a lot more.

They sound really good in 8bit, I was generally shocked but I was very pleased afterwards.

qq more

Anyone going to E3? Hyperkin is apparently going there, so I'm hoping to hear impressions on the RetroN 5 if there's going to be a booth for it.

I find that DK handles in a slightly off manner and the small screen area doesn't mesh that well with DK's huge sprite, then you've got the save system and a bunch of other small niggles, this is one of the DK games i'm not much of a fan of.

why isn't Donkey Kong Land batshit insane like Mario Land
They had Flying Pigs if anything.

Broach

Banned
tumblr_mltbe8CBFq1qbnl0co1_250.gif

Dammit, Miku, git away from mah Sanic!

my heart got a boner

Tizoc

I grew up watching Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, and it's my fav. SOnic animated series.
Always wanted to watch SATAM when I was a kid, but now...Ian Flynn's run on the comic is more fulfilling~

Sonic X comic is great, but I want a collected TPB of El Gran Gordo!

tumblr_mltbe8CBFq1qbnl0co1_250.gif

Dammit, Miku, git away from mah Sanic!

Awww how cute~

qq more

So we might have to wait longer to hear about the third game...? I'm fine with that to be honest. Lost Worlds is good enough for now, honestly.

I don't know, Sonic Blast 2 would just be another 2D Sonic game, that could potentially be good, now Sonic 3D Blast 2, there's something to give me the shivers.

I don't know, Sonic Blast 2 would just be another 2D Sonic game, that could potentially be good, now Sonic 3D Blast 2, there's something to give me the shivers.
I loved Sonic 3D Blast (particularly the versions with Richard Jacques's soundtrack), so I'd take that over Sonic Blast 2.

I loved Sonic 3D Blast (particularly the versions with Richard Jacques's soundtrack), so I'd take that over Sonic Blast 2.

I knew this moment would come, once more our ideals have clashed over Sonic 3D Blast, we're locked in eternal strife, destined to do...well not battle but certainly something.

I prefer to think of it as an adaptation of Flicky to an isometric setup, more than an adaptation of Sonic to an isometric setup. Terrible Sonic game, decent game in general.

3D Blast would be good if there were no Flickies to find.
There's a ROM hack that does that. It's kinda basic.

I knew this moment would come, once more our ideals have clashed over Sonic 3D Blast, we're locked in eternal strife, destined to do...well not battle but certainly something.
We are destined to do Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.

Oh, so you're saying Blast sarcastically? Like "oh that game is a blast".

Yeah that works as well, it worked on two levels, the other is that I don't consider it worthy of being called by its British (and therefore correct) title.

I don't actually dislike the game that much, I just find it boring as opposed to offensive.

I should probably do something about that IRC stuff, I was sort of trying to give myself less distractions on top of the time eater that is Gaf itself by avoiding it but yeah this place will go down at Sonic speed when E3 hits and I waste enough time anyway.

That and I have no idea how it works, I feel like an old man, confused and afraid of technology, why are there two links? what does it all mean?!

I should probably do something about that IRC stuff, I was sort of trying to give myself less distractions on top of the time eater that is Gaf itself by avoiding it but yeah this place will go down at Sonic speed when E3 hits and I waste enough time anyway.

That and I have no idea how it works, I feel like an old man, confused and afraid of technology, why are there two links? what does it all mean?!

Just go outside and enjoy that fine British weather.

qq more

Just click the mibbit link and you're in the chatroom. Simple as that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom