• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

lancubap

5:39pm: Shows off downloading game content onto the PSP. Boots up Ridge Racer on it. Work on your drifts, Kaz!

5:37pm: Talks up necessary features for online play/connectivity/community.

5:36pm: Starts talking online network numbers.

Kintaco

Sony execs are fuckin genious!! Bore the shit out of the audience, then when even the slightest "no-shitty" game is shown , people will be blown away!!!!

EekTheKat

Heh for me they're saying all the right things so far.

HDD standard, Dual Shock back, that eyetoy demo also seemed really neat. The PS1 emulation has me intrigued as to what titles will be available.

An eyetoy strategy/rts game could be pretty interesting if someone can pull it off.

GDGF

Soothsayer
In one part of the east a giant goes to sleep, and in another part one is awakened...

(or some such...I never would have thought Sony's PS3 conference would be this dull)

snakeater

lol @ riiiiiiiiiidge raccccer...I kind of felt pity/shame for him after the general silence!:lol :lol :lol

Singstar seems interesting though, microtransactions bitchezzzzzz

Phoenix

TheGreatDave said:
Honestly, who wants to watch somebody DEMO AN ONLINE STORE?!

Good Charlotte? Bad idea.

At E3 no less. Who the hell worked out this presentation. They better have been nsaving more for later in the conference.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
This online-shopping business proves that it was never about the games for Sony.

Tellaerin

Hero said:
PS3 controller is lame. Why is it such a hard thing to simply swap the left joystick and dpad? Analog needs to be in a comfortable position.

It is in a comfortable position.

APF said:
Yeah, why would you want a controller ergonomically-geared towards 3d games when the majority of PS titles are-and-will-be in 2d?

How the fuck is moving the analog sticks so that one thumb is angled down and the other one's angled up more ergonomically geared towards 3D control than one where both sticks are under your thumbs when holding the controller in a relaxed grip?

I think the only reason some of you consider that wacko layout 'more ergonomic' is because you're so used to it from extended Halo (or other Xbox FPS) sessions that it no longer feels unnatural to you. :p

Mashing

The thing about the eye toy thing (which I thought was neat) is that Sopny does not support the Eye Toy with their full backing. They just give it half hearted support and when it doesn't take off they leave it to flounder. This was evidenced by their 2 minute demonstration.

Edit: Singstar now... oh god, this conference has thusfar been the worst ever. I'm trying to find something postivive to say about it (okay, the HDD standard is great news)

lancubap

5:43pm: Starts talking SingStar. Plays an accompanying music video with it, says that PS2 and PS3 versions of SingStar will be playable at E3. Harrison says he'll spare us his singing. Thanks!

5:42pm: A look at the main PS3 interface, including accessible tools and items.

Juice

Hah! That user interface that leaked a few months ago that looked like a shitty fansite was REAL!!!

Holy cluttered, terrible UI!

-Singstar album selection looks cool--front row-esque.
-Moneyhats! Buy an album via the PS3! Cross-marketing FTL. Can't wait until someone gets a Linux-based bit torrent application working for it =P

Top Bottom