• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Nintendo Wii already has this game (Rising Sun /Turbo-DUO).

Krowley

uploading performances in singstar is pretty cool...

genji looks a little underwhelming, but it may just be the quality of the stream.

APF

Tellaerin said:
How the fuck is moving the analog sticks so that one thumb is angled down and the other one's angled up more ergonomically geared towards 3D control than one where both sticks are under your thumbs when holding the controller in a relaxed grip?
For the Dual Shock, a relaxed grip should have your thumbs resting on the digital pad and on the buttons.

Mr. Smith

now on stage is genji 2. looking nothing special. usal next gen upgrade. man this is boring ass hell. the animation is ass abd slow as hell. all done with the power of ps3. this is making ff13 cry

Kolgar

Ah, quit yer bitching.

We got so far:
- Built-in HD
- Sexy black PS3
- Awesome-looking online interface
- FREE online services (hope this means gameplay, too :lol )

... and you KNOW they've got the MEGATONS coming at the end! :)

Shabaz

Neo Member
Juice said:
I love how ass backwards Sony is today.

See GT4! A previous generation title on our next generation system!

See Ridge Racer! A 10 year old title that looks worse than the Ridge Racer game that we showed and release specifically for the platform a year ago!

Unfuckingbelievable.

Microtransactions means transparent prepaid cards. Sigh.

Man the thing isn't even over, relax. I think your mom should keep a suicide watch over you.

CoolTrick

Banned
Coming from someone who is only reading GAF for updates to this conference, the messages from you all concerning Sony having a lackluster showing is very entertaining. :lol

mollipen

APF said:
Yeah, why would you want a controller ergonomically-geared towards 3d games when the majority of PS titles are-and-will-be in 2d?

Hmm... I've been using the DS2 just fine for 3D games since I first got a PS2. *shrugs* Guess I'm doing it wrong.

that looks exactly like Genji, only with a ton of enemies on screen now.

Phil should be like "This is what you've been working on all year?" and fire the guy on the stage.

Seth C

Didn't Genji 2 look a whole lot different in the initial renders? Looks really slow paced in this demo, but I assume that is just the difficulty toned way down for display purposes. Hopefully. Okay looking graphically, from what I can tell in the video.

Top Bottom