• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Interactive Entertainment announces ChinaJoy 2024 lineup

nial

Wuthering Waves and Strinova coming to PlayStation.
• Sal Romano
Sony Interactive Entertainment has announced its lineup for ChinaJoy 2024, which will run from July 26 to 29 at Shanghai New International Expo Center in Shanghai, China.
PlayStation at ChinaJoy 2024
PlayStation Studios game Lost Soul Aside confirmed its presence at the event along with director Yang Bing, new gameplay will also be streamed.

Live stream schedule:
Gematsu has shared more details on the event schedule:

Live Stream Schedule
(All times are China Standard Time.)

July 26

12:00 to 13:00
Lost Soul Aside Producer Meeting

Event_ChinaJoy-2024_07-26-24_PlayStation_Lost-Soul-Aside-768x432.jpg

13:00 to 14:00Dynasty Warriors: Origin Producer Meeting / Romance of the Three Kingdoms 8 Remake and Fairy Tail 2 Gameplay Session

Event_ChinaJoy-2024_07-26-24_PlayStation_Koei-Tecmo-768x432.jpg

14:00 to 15:00Gundam Breaker 4 and Sword Art Online: Fractured DaydreamGameplay Session

Event_ChinaJoy-2024_07-26-24_PlayStation_Bandai-Namco-768x432.jpg

15:00 to 16:00Sonic X Shadow Generations Producer Meeting

Event_ChinaJoy-2024_07-26-24_PlayStation_Sonic-x-Shadow-Generations-768x432.jpg

July 27

ASTRO BOT Interactive Challenge

Event_ChinaJoy-2024_07-26-24_PlayStation_ASTRO-BOT-768x432.jpg

13:00 to 14:00Wuthering Waves Interactive Challenge

Event_ChinaJoy-2024_07-26-24_PlayStation_Wuthering-Waves-768x432.jpg

14:00 to 15:00 – "China Hero Project" Project Announcement Producer Meeting
15:00 to 16:00Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown and Immortals Fenyx RisingGameplay Session

Event_ChinaJoy-2024_07-26-24_PlayStation_Ubisoft-768x432.jpg

July 28
  • 12:00 to 13:00Phantom Blade Zero Production Team Meeting
  • 13:00 to 14:00Infinity Nikki Gameplay Session
  • 14:00 to 15:00 – "China Hero Project" Project Announcement Producer Meeting
  • 15:00 to 16:00 – "China Hero Project" Project Announcement Producer Meeting

Last edited:

nial

Astro Bot and Convallaria as upcoming PlayStation Studios games, hopefully we get a release date for the latter.
Horizon is pretty popular in Asia, so no wonder that they're still pushing Horizon Forbidden West over there.
Helldivers 2 is a no brainer, eapecially since they were already showcasing Helldivers 1 (yes, the 2015 game) last year.
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart still getting there, it's like the third consecutive year AFTER release.
No Sackboy: A Big Adventure (it was at the previous ones) and Lost Soul Aside this time around, the former makes sense with Astro Bot right there, the latter makes me hope that they're saving it for the next big showcase.

Last edited:

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Very strange that Lost Soul Aside isn't in the lineup. What's even stranger is that it's claimed that it is still going to be at the show despite being left off the lineup.

Wonder if Sony is distancing themselves from the game.

Very strange that Lost Soul Aside isn't in the lineup. What's even stranger is that it's claimed that it is still going to be at the show despite being left off the lineup.

First game I thought about before even clicking on the thread. Starting to feel like this game is in development hell.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Wish they cared about American joy. I remember when PSX and theater E3 conferences were a thing. They were glorious. It really felt like Sony gave a shit about its U.S fanbase.

More than I was expecting. Hope these hero projects lives up to Stellar Blade quality.
That’s Korea, this is China.
I would hope the quality is good, or nobody is gonna buy and this will become a moment in time where we all look back and say “remember that time when Sony made that push in China”

That’s Korea, this is China.
I would hope the quality is good, or nobody is gonna buy and this will become a moment in time where we all look back and say “remember that time when Sony made that push in China”

I get it, but I'm hoping some of them are quality games that will have appeal over here.
Maybe the Chinese don't need to buy the China made games 🤷‍♂️

Good luck there.
Mobile and PC dominates there. Unless your game is mmo or live service, you wont crack there that much.

They have activision blizzard. Those guys are crazy for some blizzard games.
Diablo and wow are like huge there.
so, Phil is sleeping

Hudo

Does PS5 sell in China? Or games are super delayed?

All the games I am familiar with on that list are old. Some years old.
Afaik, PS5 is selling in China, so it makes sense for Sony to show up from time to time. Nintendo do so as well.

Not sure about a delay, tho. But it wouldn't surprise me.

nial

I wouldn't think so, especially since they were happy to pick it up for publishing after several years of supporting it. We will see what happens, though.
It's so funny that Hermen keeps pushing Aloy wherever Sony goes, for fucks sake.
Blame Asia for actually buying the games.
Does PS5 sell in China? Or games are super delayed?

All the games I am familiar with on that list are old. Some years old.
Pretty sure that R&C:RA or HFW were already released in Mainland China, they're just very popular over there.
Not a bad lineup.

Kinda funny LEGO Horizon is MIA though.
Not surprising, though. Spider-Man 2 was MIA from last year's event as well.

I wouldn't think so, especially since they were happy to pick it up for publishing after several years of supporting it. We will see what happens, though.

Blame Asia for actually buying the games.

Pretty sure that R&C:RA or HFW were already released in Mainland China, they're just very popular over there.

Not surprising, though. Spider-Man 2 was MIA from last year's event as well.

Yeah but with SIE wanting to push Horizon so hard, I would've thought LEGO Horizon would be there even if it came to China later than other regions.

Only reason I can imagine it isn't there is because a proper translation & such would take a while. But I don't think LEGO Horizon is going to be as heavy on dialog & story as the main games, far from it actually.

nial

Yeah but with SIE wanting to push Horizon so hard, I would've thought LEGO Horizon would be there even if it came to China later than other regions.

Only reason I can imagine it isn't there is because a proper translation & such would take a while. But I don't think LEGO Horizon is going to be as heavy on dialog & story as the main games, far from it actually.
LEGO Horizon Adventures is most likely a November game, so Sony must not be wanting to showcase it so soon. Astro Bot is for early September, just a bit over a month after the event.

LEGO Horizon Adventures is most likely a November game, so Sony must not be wanting to showcase it so soon. Astro Bot is for early September, just a bit over a month after the event.

But November's only two months after September 😂.

I really don't think that's the reason, two months isn't much of a difference. Though maybe in a way it could be a factor, i.e two family-friendly games and SIE don't want to overshadow Astro Bot's hype and release with LEGO Horizon's.

So I guess in that sense, what you're saying has some weight. Me personally, I don't think there's too much overlap between Astro and LEGO Horizon :/

And over three months after the event, I don't think there is much to think about, pretty much just like how Spider-Man 2 was not there last year because of them not wanting to showcase it pretty soon/before the (September) SoP.

Yeah, maybe. But a game like Spiderman 2 would need a lot of time to get a Chinese dub for that market, therefore it missing the event last year has that type of reasoning going for it.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Gematsu has shared more details on the event schedule:

Live Stream Schedule
(All times are China Standard Time.)

July 26

Lost Soul Aside Producer Meeting

Event_ChinaJoy-2024_07-26-24_PlayStation_Lost-Soul-Aside-768x432.jpg

13:00 to 14:00Dynasty Warriors: Origin Producer Meeting / Romance of the Three Kingdoms 8 Remake and Fairy Tail 2 Gameplay Session

Event_ChinaJoy-2024_07-26-24_PlayStation_Koei-Tecmo-768x432.jpg

14:00 to 15:00Gundam Breaker 4 and Sword Art Online: Fractured DaydreamGameplay Session

Event_ChinaJoy-2024_07-26-24_PlayStation_Bandai-Namco-768x432.jpg

15:00 to 16:00Sonic X Shadow Generations Producer Meeting

Event_ChinaJoy-2024_07-26-24_PlayStation_Sonic-x-Shadow-Generations-768x432.jpg

July 27

ASTRO BOT Interactive Challenge

Event_ChinaJoy-2024_07-26-24_PlayStation_ASTRO-BOT-768x432.jpg

13:00 to 14:00Wuthering Waves Interactive Challenge

Event_ChinaJoy-2024_07-26-24_PlayStation_Wuthering-Waves-768x432.jpg

14:00 to 15:00 – "China Hero Project" Project Announcement Producer Meeting
15:00 to 16:00Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown and Immortals Fenyx RisingGameplay Session

Event_ChinaJoy-2024_07-26-24_PlayStation_Ubisoft-768x432.jpg

July 28
  • 12:00 to 13:00Phantom Blade Zero Production Team Meeting
  • 13:00 to 14:00Infinity Nikki Gameplay Session
  • 14:00 to 15:00 – "China Hero Project" Project Announcement Producer Meeting
  • 15:00 to 16:00 – "China Hero Project" Project Announcement Producer Meeting

Top Bottom