• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PS2 memory cards: Why are they STILL 8MB? And a question about third-party cards

Ranger X

ShowDog said:
I HATE the ps2 memory cards. I have three of them, and I can never remember what data is on what card. I have 50 games, so it gets hard to remember. The worst is when you pop in a game and it autocreates new data on the wrong card. Then you have 2 or maybe even 3 memory cards with the save data on them and no foolproof way to discover which memory card has the data with the 50 hours of work put into it and which has 5 mintues of gametime on it. That is unless you want to go boot up the game and check, but who has time to boot up all those games and restart them all just to check memory card data. It really is a shitty situation. Especially with some games taking up so much space.

I also have 3 cards:

- "Current playing"
- "Back up"
- "Racing"

Organisation ;)

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
One of the PS2 code thingies I bought eons ago has a USB key... so whenever my card gets full I simply back it all up to the USB key, delete whatever I'm not currently using on the card, and store the rest on my PC.

Top Bottom