• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony tries to stop nude images from Beyond: Two Souls from spreading online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looked up the images and yeah... so what... it's just a nude 3d model without a vagina, and if it's not even her body then why the fuzz?
Sony made the whole thing even worse by reacting to it ( although their hands might've been forced by legal pressure)

leadbelly

Banned
I could definitely see someone being upset about there being a weird 3d naked version of them being made and sent around the world. If Ellen Page doesn't care, then I agree this really isn't that interesting of an issue, there are a lot of places to see weird naked polygonal people.

I'm sure there are hundreds of photoshopped images of Ellen Page as well. I just don't think it is worth getting upset over something that isn't actually real. I think most people get that it probably isn't a true representation of her naked body.

Lemonte

How long will it take to someone import that model to source film maker and soon there's lara croft banging jodie with strap on gifs all over darkside of reddit.

So, if you're concerned about that, why model her completely in the first place? If you do not intend to show the brests, why don't you just... not model them at all? Had they not modelled the breasts, hackers couldn't just move the camera to look at them.
Because the game does show her boobs from the side and one time completely from the top, but heavily blurred. So they had to model them.

They censored the game? Glad I didn't give them my money.
US version is uncensored, EU version censors violence in one scene.

How long will it take to someone import that model to source film maker and soon there's lara croft banging jodie with strap on gifs all over darkside of reddit.

76.jpg

Cipherr

I gotta ask, why do some people have to go there? there are plenty of pictures of naked women online. It's just rather...pathetic.

Glad Im not the only one that feels that way. Whole damn thing seems really silly. HEY LETS DEBUGUGYY THE GAME SO WE CNA SEA SOME DIGITAL TITS!

KEWL NOW LETS RITE A STORY ON OUR SITE!

fvng

I'm surprised QD didn't anticipate this and give her some pasties or a bikini to wear in the shower, then again they are French

Futureman

I gotta ask, why do some people have to go there? there are plenty of pictures of naked women online. It's just rather...pathetic.

Agree. Sorry but this whole situation is pretty lame. I know Sony isn't going to succeed in suppressing any images, but whoever did this originally is a baby-adult.

tsab

they should have added black twirly thingies in the model as big f*** you to the modders. hahahahaha

"The actress, to her credit, has done a fine job of being young, intelligent and talented without being nude in her movies..."
Why are they speaking as if there's something virtuous about never appearing nude in a film? Plenty of the most talented and respected actors and actresses have been nude on screen. Not that everyone has to, but I don't get the "to her credit" thing here.

Valnen

Agree. Sorry but this whole situation is pretty lame. I know Sony isn't going to succeed in suppressing any images, but whoever did this originally is a baby-adult.

Holds himself above other people in terms of maturity. Resorts to playground insults. Okay then.

Sony: Oh noooo, please don't look at these pictures of a 3D model based on Ellen Paige naked. Please, don't look at them in Beyond: Two Souls, the interactive cinematic experience available only on PlayStation. Please, don't look at the exquisite modeling work made possible by our dedication to hi-fidelity image reproduction through our proprietary gaming hardware! Don't look at them in Beyond: Two Souls, available in stores everywhere now!

StuBurns

Banned
To be serious, it's QDs fault, why does she even have nipples if they're not intended to be shown?

She should be like a nude Barbie doll.

Atrophis

Cage makes violent games? Really? What a weird dig, they are pretty tame by gaming standards and laughable by movie standards.

Chev

One naked woman is not equivalent to the other. Because the character or actress is more meaningful to them than a random woman, the nude will similarly be.

So, if you're concerned about that, why model her completely in the first place? If you do not intend to show the brests, why don't you just... not model them at all? Had they not modelled the breasts, hackers couldn't just move the camera to look at them.
That's assuming they didn't intend to show them in the first place. Both their previous games had full nudity and the one before that had a sex scene they edited during development to add some clothes, so similarly here they went for the broader option then when rating time came they settled on 16 instead.

Isn't it weird that they modeled the nipples? Looks like the devs intended for this to be found. Which is fucking creepy.
You'd be surprised, it's just both natural and easier when sculpting full female figures anyway. Freaking From Dust female villager models had nipples before they added clothes before the release.

Nikodemos

Isn't it weird that they modeled the nipples? Looks like the devs intended for this to be found. Which is fucking creepy.
IIRC nipples actually serve a design purpose as they help model the 'bounce'/breast physics (by providing a sort of reference point). Or maybe the graphics guy explaining it was simply a perv.

Was there such uproar when Heavy Rain Full Frontal Nudes were ripped from a debug console?

Madison wasn't modeled after a well-known top-billed actress.

But do they show her nipples as well? I doubt that. So why put them in?
Probably a body template they have sitting around since Heavy Rain. The body in Heavy Rain was far more detailed, so this looks like a default template without much details. Should have removed her nipples though I agree.

Or French people just don't care.

Why are they speaking as if there's something virtuous about never appearing nude in a film? Plenty of the most talented and respected actors and actresses have been nude on screen. Not that everyone has to, but I don't get the "to her credit" thing here.
Slut shaming. You know, unlike those hussies Ellen Page retained her dignity and good girl status by keeping her clothes on. It's a bit like the virgin trope in horror movies.

StuBurns

Banned
IIRC nipples actually serve a design purpose as they help model the 'bounce'/breast physics (by providing a sort of reference point). Or maybe the graphics guy explaining it was simply a perv.
Even if that is the case, they textured her areolae. That has nothing but an aesthetic advantage.

Nikodemos

Even if that is the case, they textured her areolae. That has nothing but an aesthetic advantage.
Nipples without areolae are seriously Uncanny Valley. Like a model having eyes without sclera. It's pretty unpleasant working on models suffering from Uncanny Valley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom