• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony UK 'ready and willing' to break sales record with PS4

Unless Sony have 1.5-2m set aside just for Christmas worldwide, no.

I wouldn't bet against it. Sony need some cheer right now and beating the 3m target by a fair margin counts as cheer.

Japanese made units are a sign that they are running at more than 100% capacity to meet demand.

tumblr_mufg0n5nOv1rd8x3eo1_500.gif

who the hell you think we are

DBT85

I wouldn't bet against it. Sony need some cheer right now and beating the 3m target by a fair margin counts as cheer.

Japanese made units are a sign that they are running at more than 100% capacity to meet demand.

Any ideas how much production is being done in Japan?

I remember seeing estimates of 1m a month total but how many might Japan be adding to that?

I can't even get hold of the electronics departments of my three local supermarkets. Been trying most of this afternoon!

God speed to you Dave.

I think I might just see if I can grab one for the heck of it since a couple of the Asdas and Tesco here in Sheffield are doing midnight launches even though I have one waiting in the states.

It's cool to celebrate it but it probably is at the cost of stocking other European countries fairly, so it's a mixed bag. Love living in the battleground sometimes.

I never pre-order systems. The masochist in me prefers to frantically scrabble around to grab a system at the last minute. Or at least, that's how I used to feel. As launch day approaches and it becomes clear that it's going to sell like fucking crazy, I'm thinking I made a mistake.

Ah well, it's all part of the game.

Lol amazing

PS4 will surely sell at least a million units in Europe and Australia by the end of the year.
Black Friday + December sales in the US will be another million if the supply is there.

5 million by March will be crushed. I suspect by the summer the PS4 will be caught up to Wii U.

DBT85

PS4 will surely sell at least a million units in Europe and Australia by the end of the year.
Black Friday + December sales in the US will be another million if the supply is there.

5 million by March will be crushed. I suspect by the summer the PS4 will be caught up to Wii U.

How much are you expecting the Wii U to sell between now and the Summer?

avaya

It's going to be huge. So much hype at work today. Even rich banker fucks are heading down to queue up later.

From my small department 19 people have the day off tomorrow from annual leave and I expect a few more will magically call in sick as well. Crazy.

Same here mate. So many people with a day off. Booked WELL in advance.

How much are you expecting the Wii U to sell between now and the Summer?

Quite a bit. I imagine a million units WW with NA/Japan/EU. Wii U will be at 5 million by year's end.

But then maybe another million in Q1 and Q2 2014 with Mario Kart and Donkey Kong.

entremet

Sony really owns Europe. Damn.

Great job by SCEE over the years there. That type of brand dominance is impressive.

Unless there's huge shortage it will sell 1 milion in Europe before end of November ;)

Some guy here heard that Sony want to be 2:1 ahead out of the gate in the UK. That means 300k day one, which is higher than the 250k I had pencilled in.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I never pre-order systems. The masochist in me prefers to frantically scrabble around to grab a system at the last minute. Or at least, that's how I used to feel. As launch day approaches and it becomes clear that it's going to sell like fucking crazy, I'm thinking I made a mistake.

Ah well, it's all part of the game.

This also explains your relationship to the Vita btw :p

Sony really owns Europe. Damn.

Great job by SCEE over the years there. That type of brand dominance is impressive.

Well, Europe does have the better PS+ IGC, SCEE dubs a lot of their games and releases a lot of localized content in specific countries. We're just giving back the love.

Same here mate. So many people with a day off. Booked WELL in advance.

My division head was amazed that so many people have the day off, she came in and asked if we were all going to a convention together or something!

It wasn't like this last week, that's for sure. A few guys had the day off, but the hype levels were not there.

madmackem

Demand seems very high, went to pay my game order off the other day and store way pretty busy with ps4 orders, phone was ringing non stop with the bloke behind the counter looking stressed repeating every call with im sorry we have no launch day units left but can get you one by xmas.

DBT85

It's going to be huge. So much hype at work today. Even rich banker fucks are heading down to queue up later.

From my small department 19 people have the day off tomorrow from annual leave and I expect a few more will magically call in sick as well. Crazy.

I was try to explain to my mum the other day when she said lots of kids are going to be disappointed at not getting one that it's not the kids driving this. It's us who were playing PlayStation for 18 years pushing it. And we all have jobs now and money to burn lol.

darkwing

Demand seems very high, went to pay my game order off the other day and store way pretty busy with ps4 orders, phone was ringing non stop with the bloke behind the counter looking stressed repeating every call with im sorry we have no launch day units left but can get you one by xmas.

Sony has to pump more units out or else its going to be a bloodbath

jblank83

I'm glad Sony UK clarified their stance on sales.

I was worried they were content to not sell all that much and maybe not even make a profit.

boingball

Looking forward to numbers.

Though I am surprised to see them dissing on the PS3. Is this a former MS manager? Usually Sony's systems have a long tail whereas MS drops their systems like a hot potato. So there is still time to narrow the gap. (In the UK the PS3 will not reach the 360 though). GT6 is still coming, Persona 5 is coming, and who knows what else.

(Also: People who convert from 360 to PS4 and get PS+ now suddenly have a couple of PS3 and Vita free games, so those could turn into sales of those systems as well).

Top Bottom