• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony UK 'ready and willing' to break sales record with PS4

Wynnebeck

Banned
and I love you :) Happy Thanksgiving.

May SonySUS finally dominate the US/UK again an dominate WW. We ain't ready

Happy Turkey Day to you too! :)

It does make me wonder if we could be on the cusp of another PS2 like prioritization of games if studios see where the winds are blowing.

Espada

Happy Turkey Day to you too! :)

It does make me wonder if we could be on the cusp of another PS2 like prioritization of games if studios see where the winds are blowing.

I doubt it. PS2 was a goddamn MONSTER, and was largely a product of very specific circumstances. Games cost so much to make these days that even if the PS4 gets a substantial lead, they'll still make 'em multiplatform.

I'd be impressed as hell if the PS4 somehow got the kind of industry support the PS2 did, though.

They have been advertising all over the place.

Here are the free mags I picked up this past week.
There's even more inside.

DSC_0198_zps566aefb3.jpg

Let me know if this isn't allowed

Exactly...exactly what I said they should do in advertisement.

Hammer that shit home every damn time. Don't let anyone doubt it.

"heard about the PS4? It's the most powerful next generation console"

Shieeet, coworker was going to purchase a PS4 on the Argos site a couple minutes ago as it had stock, gets pulled into a meeting, comes back and no more stock. :S

mikeyw85

Banned
It's going to be a total sell out so it's down to how many Sony managed to stockpile. Pretty heavy advertising campaign too which I almost didn't expect.

I doubt it. PS2 was a goddamn MONSTER, and was largely a product of very specific circumstances. Games cost so much to make these days that even if the PS4 gets a substantial lead, they'll still make 'em multiplatform.

I'd be impressed as hell if the PS4 somehow got the kind of industry support the PS2 did, though.

The PS4 is already getting the type of support the PS2 got - developers are universally backing it.

slider

I wish I knew the answer to this question: If I order online from, say, Amazon in the next week, when can I expect delivery??

God dammit. Have posted about my woes in another thread but no one cares. Y'all got your PS4s and I'm stuck watching Homes Under the Hammer.

Rich!

I wish I knew the answer to this question: If I order online from, say, Amazon in the next week, when can I expect delivery??

God dammit. Have posted about my woes in another thread but no one cares. Y'all got your PS4s and I'm stuck watching Homes Under the Hammer.

Jan/Feb. It says so right on the order page.

Please note:
● Customers who ordered this console from November 14 will receive their consoles after Christmas

Sad to say, if you can't find one by chance in a store (unlikely) then you're sod out of luck.

slider

Jan/Feb. It says so right on the order page.

Sad to say, if you can't find one by chance in a store (unlikely) then you're sod out of luck.

Thanks man. The real tragedy? I think I knew that but was "scared" to confirm by visiting the actual site.

Oh well, Vita save me. I guess I can also start on my huge PS3 backlog.

Edit: Fix this shit Sony? Yoshida save me... and so on. :(

DemonNite

Thanks man. The real tragedy? I think I knew that but was "scared" to confirm by visiting the actual site.

Oh well, Vita save me. I guess I can also start on my huge PS3 backlog.

U tried argos stock checker? been hearing some luck with them earlier today

slider

U tried argos stock checker? been hearing some luck with them earlier today

Good steer, thanks. The reason I had to cancel my KZ + camera + extra controller bundle was because of some unauthorised expenditure on the only card I use. In good conscience I couldn't not cancel the card so I did with a heavy heart because of the knock on effect on my preorder.

Will wait for my new card to arrive and then hit Argos hard.

Edit: Actually, I'll be ok fellow Gaffers (as if anyone gives a poop). I've a two month old baby who I'm enchanted by and it's practically December so January is only a few short weeks away.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Holy Shit that Sun advert is fucking genius.

(For the unaware amongst us, Page 3 of the Sun newspaper is pretty much nearly always a topless lass, and the first page 90%+ of it's readership looks at)

slider

In this Eurogamer article:

If that's true and it sells out it's going to destroy the previous record.

Wow, impressive. Let's hope it's a reflection of their manufacturing capacity too for those poor souls who haven't got one yet.

In a final twist of the knife on seeing an advert for the PS4 my wife said to me "are you getting one?" I only bloody cancelled my preorder cos I didn't wanna use our joint account or savings (having had to cancel my own card).

C'est la vie.

Yoday

(For the unaware amongst us, Page 3 of the Sun newspaper is pretty much nearly always a topless lass, and the first page 90%+ of it's readership looks at)
Thanks for the explanation. I was curious but didn't want to ask, lol.

That is indeed rather clever of them.

stryke

I wish we had a paper like that...

tusken77

Plus, it has the largest circulation of any daily newspaper in the UK. That ad is going to be seen by a lot of people today.

DBT85

The numbers look good from what we just saw tonight. Don't fail UK

Also the PAL Xbox numbers were new to me

I know you probably can't say. But is it even physically possible for the EU to beat the NA launch weekend? I'm sure you can sell whatever you ship, we just don't know how much you shipped.

They have been advertising all over the place.

Here are the free mags I picked up this past week.
There's even more inside.

DSC_0198_zps566aefb3.jpg

Let me know if this isn't allowed

It's even taken over today's Page 3 in The Sun. Brilliant ad.

4zHkmXd.jpg

These two plus being all over the Metro this morning, and the Oxo Tower in London. Damn.

It's like they want people to buy their product

DBT-2013-11-15-PlayStation-Oxo-0034.jpg by Darren Thomas, on Flickr

It's even taken over today's Page 3 in The Sun. Brilliant ad.

4zHkmXd.jpg

Amazon UK said that anything ordered after November 14th won't get delivered before Christmas, and that the guaranteed delivery for release day is for pre-order before August 6th. So Sony knew they'd sell-out big time. Now they're advertising it to feed the hype train even more.

Top Bottom