• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony UK 'ready and willing' to break sales record with PS4

Kyon

Banned
UK you betta stan PS4

The charts are getting clockedT

YASSS

ibrCiQvB08F5IV.gif

GhaleonEB

This is the only time that I can recall a console launch where the maker is so openly confident in their launch volumes. Demand is clearly higher than supply, but Sony is going to fill a pretty healthy chunk of that up front, it seems. 250k+ does seem likely.

I'm hoping for word of Black Friday figures as well as the international launch over the weekend.

Kru

A lot of people not happy they didn't have a pre order, or cancelled theirs.

Thankfully, John Lewis, is selling them at midnight tonight on their website if you want to try your luck at first come first served rapid buy.

Looking at the crowds already queueing up for midnight outside certain stores around here this evening compared to last week for Xbone I think it's very very likely this will happen.

Superman

I think 300k is realistic. Out of my close circle of 6 friends, we all started last gen with 360s. I moved onto a PS3 they stuck with Xbox... We are all going PS4 this gen. I imagine a lot of groups have / will do the same.

Mr Moose

My guess is 375k in the UK (I know, I know, it's a lot)

The software giant launched its Xbox One console on Friday and, within 48 hours, had already amassed 150,000 unit sales across the UK.

Wasn't that meant to be 24 hours? Or was that reaching 1 million sales?

Raist

Banned
My guess is 375k in the UK (I know, I know, it's a lot)

Wasn't that meant to be 24 hours? Or was that reaching 1 million sales?

The XB1 number was for its first week-end.
PS3 did 165k in 48h too.

Initial PS3 shipment was 1M for Europe, so they'll likely ship more PS4s than that, but I dunno about 2M. Seems really high. In any case, I'm sure they'll have shipped a lot in the UK, maybe FR. The other markets are pretty safe for them.

Facism

The sun paper has a little blurb about people queuing in covent Garden and saying 400k for the uk alone.

Take that with a rock of salt.

Raist

Banned
The sun paper has a little blurb about people queuing in covent Garden and saying 400k for the uk alone.

Take that with a rock of salt.

They probably even said that Ken Kutaragi will be there for the launch although he's got cancer because he ate too much sushi, didn't they?

I think it is quite clear they know they will break records. He wouldn't be talking it up and going on about healthy stock allocations otherwise.

Still surprises me that the PSP holds the record.

Raist

Banned
I think it is quite clear they know they will break records. He wouldn't be talking it up and going on about healthy stock allocations otherwise.

Still surprises me that the PSP holds the record.

Well, for all we know the PS3 actually does (165k in 2 days vs 185k in 4 days). I'm not sure to which extent the PSP was sold out though. PS3 still has stock.

Mokubba

They have been advertising all over the place.

Here are the free mags I picked up this past week.
There's even more inside.

DSC_0198_zps566aefb3.jpg

Let me know if this isn't allowed

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Whatever they stock, they'll sell.

I really should've pre-ordered :(

Yep. You should have. There is close to zero chance of you wandering into a shop and picking one off the shelves.

Midas

DSC_0198_zps566aefb3.jpg

I saw the Timeout cover a few days ago as well. Interesting wording they use for the ad. Never thought they would do that.

Binabik15

I hope she doesn't get mad at people looking, because when you rock a cleavage like that, uhm, you shouldn't. Yeah, yeah, it's because she wants to look good for herself, not for men, I know.
Boobs.

Bring the thunder, Sony.

Xun

I almost feel like I'm missing out on not getting it tomorrow, but to be honest none of the launch titles intrigue me much.

This time next year however, I'm in.

Piers

DSC_0198_zps566aefb3.jpg

Notice the 'MOST POWERFUL' is largest. This is generally what people want in the long run.
(I'm not comparing this with the XB1, btw)

A good hundred or so at the store I was at and Zero available for those who turned up with no preorders. Really fun night.

Notice the 'MOST POWERFUL' is largest. This is generally what people want in the long run.
(I'm not comparing this with the XB1, btw)

When was the last time the most powerful won a console race? SNES?

Pistolero

A good hundred or so at the store I was at and Zero available for those who turned up with no preorders. Really fun night.

When was the last time the most powerful won a console race? SNES?

PS2 if you compared it to the Dreamcast. One crucial point in Sony marketing agenda was that their console was more powerful than their competitor's, which was true, albeit not to the extent they had been shouting...

when can we expect sony to put out the PR? i assume the same time Microsoft put out theres? maybe they'll put one out when it reach X amount rather than wait a full 24 hours.

PS2 if you compared it to the Dreamcast. One crucial point in Sony marketing agenda was that their console was more powerful than their competitor's, which was true, albeit not to the extent they had been shouting...

Compare it to the dreamcast for sure, but the GCN and Xbox were still part of the gen, lol.

Top Bottom