• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sorry, I need Smash X PlayStation All-Stars.

Kthulhu

All those memorable Microsoft characters like...

Urm...

ScentedViciousGibbon.gif

Vaenyr

Take it one step further and throw Microsoft in too, you'd have the Rare characters, Master Chief and the guys from GoW.
Release it on all platforms and make it a mega event, it wouldn't be the first time rivals are collaborating, look at Marvel and DC

mindsale

Take it one step further and throw Microsoft in too, you'd have the Rare characters, Master Chief and the guys from GoW.
Release it on all platforms and make it a mega event, it wouldn't be the first time rivals are collaborating, look at Marvel and DC

Blinx, Banjo, Voodoo Vince, Battletoads (Zitz is the only one I can recall), Marcus Phoenix, Master Chief...

KHlover

Banned
Just add Spyro and Crash as DLC characters for Smash 4 Deluxe. With Snake, Cloud and Ryu that's the most important ones. Watch Metroid fans weep as a (better proportioned) 3rd party purple dragon makes it into the game as a playable character before Ridley.

Shorter wingspan and stubby legs save Spyro.

Kart94

Banned
Depends. If it is more like Playstation All-stars, then hell no.

If it is more like the traditional smash bros then yes.

mindsale

Just add Spyro and Crash as DLC characters for Smash 4 Deluxe. With Snake, Cloud and Ryu that's the most important ones. Watch Metroid fans weep as a (better proportioned) 3rd party purple dragon makes it into the game as a playable character before Ridley.

Shorter wingspan and stubby legs save Spyro.

This made me chuckle. Give him a Ridley skin to really rub it in.

Why leave out Microsoft though?🤔

Real talk: could MS fill a roster of recognisable characters?

Master Chief
Marcus Fenix
RAAM
A Battletoad
Joanna Dark
Banjo-Kazooie
Ori
Fulgar or someone from KI
Someone from Fable?
Blinx?
Voodoo Vince?
Crackdown protagonist?

Sony was even pushing it with the cast from PS All-Stars, and they've had a few successful new games/characters since then they could include (Joel from TLoU, Aloy from Horizon, a Hunter from Bloodborne [maybe Eileen the Crow], Delsin or Fetch from Infamous: Second Son). MS would have to have an awful lot of guest characters to make it worthwhile IMO.

Sony just does not have a memorable cast of characters for it to work. There's a reason Playstation All Stars failed to gain any traction.

Kart94

Banned
Sony just does not have a memorable cast of characters for it to work. There's a reason Playstation All Stars failed to gain any traction.

This Sorry, but there are maybe 5 at best Sony characters that aren't from third parties people care about. Putting them against Nintendo's own characters would make it much more obvious.

Nintendo Vs Capcom is a much better choice. Capcom's characters are way more memorable.

I sincerely hoped both Japanese companies will bury their hatchet temporary to create this game and title it 'The Famicom Super CD-ROM BASH!!!'

mindsale

Master Chief
Marcus Fenix
RAAM
A Battletoad
Joanna Dark
Banjo-Kazooie
Ori
Someone from Fable?
Blinx?
Voodoo Vince?
Crackdown protagonist?

Sony was even pushing it with the cast from PS All-Stars, and they've had a few successful new games/characters since then they could include (Joel from TLoU, Aloy from Horizon, a Hunter from Bloodborne [maybe Eileen the Crow], Delsin or Fetch from Infamous: Second Son). MS would have to have an awful lot of guest characters to make it worthwhile IMO.

Cuphead would be amazing too. Probably forgetting more DLG; maybe a polygonal character who plays with mechanics from SuperHot.

Master Chief
Marcus Fenix
RAAM
A Battletoad
Joanna Dark
Banjo-Kazooie
Ori
Someone from Fable?
Blinx?
Voodoo Vince?
Crackdown protagonist?

You forgot about Clippy & the Dog from office, MS Bob, Chip from chips challenge and of course the pokker cards from solitaire.

Why stop at Sony, or games in general? How about this for a list of new challengers

Kratos
Spyro
Nathan Drake
Crash
Master Chief
Banjo & Kazooie
some dude from Fable?
An Alien
The Doctor
The Blob
The Thing
T-800
Dracula
Ferris Bueller
Yoda
Karate Kid
Lt. Worf
Littlefoot
Galvatron
Cheetara
Popeye

etc etc

I don't know why Sony hasn't made another serious attempt to have a big crossover game.

Nintendo, Microsoft (to an extent), Blizzard, and Sega have all done it.

Maybe they realized their brand's strength is being a blank slate and the idea of a PlayStation crossover doesn't quite work because of it.

hotcyder

I dunno - I can't help but feel Sony would develop this instead of Nintendo, and it'd probably suck big butt

That being said - Nathan Drake vs Boxboy would be pretty excellent

Jintor

i want Marvel v DC v Capcom thanks

i would kill a man to have dc characters interpreted by capcom game designers. kill. a. man.

lol. Sony, let alone Microsoft, don't have enough recognizable characters to make this any more than "Smash Bros!... and some guests."

Most of Sony's most recognizable characters are 3rd-party characters anyway... some of which have already been put in Smash. And most of Microsoft's characters that would fit are just former Nintendo characters through Rare.

Floody

I was against it until Joel vs Cranky Kong, I just really wanna see how that'd look. A super realistic looking Joel beating up an angry old little cartoon Gorilla would be great.

Aside from a handful of them, Sony characters don't have very limited crossover appeal to me. Joel fighting Mario doesn't sound cool to me at all. Nintendo's characters have a long history of being in 2D games and Smash reflects this. Pairing Nintendos 2D icons with Sony's mostly 3D ones sounds like making a peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwich, it just doesn't mesh together.

Sadist

Why would Nintendo characters waste their precious Smash time on B-listers?

That and nobody wants Kratos around. He bums people out.

j.rob

I would be up generally for All Stars getting another shot.

But i think it would be easier if crash was just in Smash. Actually, If crash doesn't make it into a future smash game every, I will be very disappointed. He is literally like the final S+ tier "Classic mascot character" thats left off the top of my head.

By S+ tier, I mean my mom would recognise him. A popular character like Rayman though? not so much (I'm game for Rayman though too!)

A rooster that starts Mario, Sonic, Meagan, Pacman and Crash Bandicoot is the dream.

Top Bottom