• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur II HD Online |OT| A Link To The Past

Squire

Banned
Glorious OT title.

I'm actually going to use the PSN credit that and in my PS4 to get this. Hopefully the DS4 works.

What's the skinny on SP content? Is everything unlocked to start?

vazel

Banned
What are the chances this will get a PS+ discount during the proper store update later in the day? I'm really itchin' to buy it but if it then gets discounted for PS+ I know I'll hate myself.

Glorious OT title.

I'm actually going to use the PSN credit that and in my PS4 to get this. Hopefully the DS4 works.

What's the skinny on SP content? Is everything unlocked to start?

Looks like no, everything locked.

Anyone know if you can do the team battles online?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Was really looking forward to Soul Calibur II, but my Live just expired so now I'm not 100% sure anymore.

V_Arnold

On one hand, this pretty much one of my most favorite games ever...

On the other hand, no JP voices? English in this game is traumatic.

akaoni

Banned
Jaxel checked. There's no JP voices in this release, ergo removed.

If this game sells, the odds of SCIII HD seem favourable.

Syril

Jaxel checked. There's no JP voices in this release, ergo removed.

If this game sells, the odds of SCIII HD seem favourable.

Fuck! Nightmare without crazy screaming is only half a Nightmare. Definitely not the greatest Nightmare.

Can you at least do the variant versus modes online?

IvorB

WHAT? Why did they cut that? To save space?

That's what people are saying although I don't know the reason. To be honest that's a huge downer. It was in the original game and it's not present in this version. Which makes this a stripped down version of a decade old game for 15 quid. What are we paying for exactly? That news was a real passion-killer for me.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'm going to get the PS3 version, since that may be where most of the online action is and I may sell my X360 once I get my Xbox One.

That's what people are saying although I don't know the reason. To be honest that's a huge downer. It was in the original game and it's not present in this version. Which makes this a stripped down version of a decade old game for 15 quid. What are we paying for exactly? That news was a real passion-killer for me.

but it also has Online and Console exclusive characters together, so it also has more. I don't see JP voice missing as anything more than an annoyance, but thats just me.

akaoni

Banned
Platforms: PS3 (PSN) & X360 (XBLA)
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
Price: $20 ・€20 ・£15 ・$21.95 (AUD)
Size: "Minimum 2GB Required"
Release Date: 11/20/2013

MmJI6U4.png

I imagine the voices issue would be a licensing one, cost vs benefit. For example if Heihachi had his late VA in this game it would be expensive as fuck to use? But yes, pretty bummed about it myself.

synce

The online fights are only 2 rounds, what?? There's no option to change this? And they charge $15 despite cutting content? Okay, this isn't easing the sting of SCLS at all

soakrates

The online fights are only 2 rounds, what?? There's no option to change this? And they charge $15 despite cutting content? Okay, this isn't easing the sting of SCLS at all
You can't change the the number of rounds in ranked matches but you can change it in player matches by going to the options and changing the VS rounds to 3. Stupid, I know, but at least it's there.

extralite

At what time do preloaded games become usable (PSN)? Considering staying up to play it at midnight but couldn't get any confirmation on the time.

alstein

So far this comes off as a lazy port.

Not worth $20 unless you're a major SC fan. Worth $10 if you're a general FG fan, maybe.

Did mess around with the online mode. 4 bars felt bad. 5 bars felt good.

Gameplay-wise, I don't think this game aged nearly as well as I remember.

I hate saying this stuff, because I'm kinda concerned bad sales of SC2 might drive SC6 towards SC5 roster- what I really want in future SC is old SC3 roster and SC5-style gameplay (mostly- just impact can DIAF)

E92 M3

Man - I would have definitely gotten this if it was in the impulse range (10-15 dollars). That said will download the demo and see if I am enticed.

Top Bottom