• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Calibur II HD Online |OT| A Link To The Past

Roto13

I should try some online matches later. There was nobody playing the last time I tried, but that was hours ago and the store hadn't even fully been updated yet.

If nothing else, the online related trophies seem pretty easy to get. :p

I forgot how much I loved this game. Probably wouldn't have bought it for $20, but since I had a bit over $15 left in my wallet from October PSN sale, figured I might as well bite. So glad I did!

SkylineRKR

Euro pre-order is unlocked now. At least on my system. Dat intro is still good, Namco were kings of this shit.

Ps3 that is.

akaoni

Banned
Euro pre-order is unlocked now. At least on my system. Dat intro is still good, Namco were kings of this shit.

Ps3 that is.

UK still not playable.

Mainland EU price is €19/25 USD and they take it like a champ, unless I'm mistaken. Why does 20 USD seem too expensive to so many?

E: O so it got reduced, means it's more or less the equivalent of $20 in multiple regions.

SkylineRKR

UK still not playable.

Mainland EU price is €19/25 USD and they take it like a champ, unless I'm mistaken. Why does 20 USD seem too expensive to so many?

I guess its the one hour difference? I paid 14,99 Euros for it.

I must say I've come to appreciate SCV more. SC2 movement and speed does feel great, but SCV gameplay feels quite a bit better than I expected.

Castef

Banned
I reviewed the game and been quite satisfied with it.

Actually, Namco Bandai did not have to put that much effort into the conversion: it is in 16/9 and features a nice texture upgrade. The largest addition is of course online play, which seems to work well.

It could have used a little more polish in the sound department: while the music is ok the vocalisations of the characters sound a little low-quality and "dirty".

As for the price... 20 euros? A little too much?

akaoni

Banned
As for the price... 20 euros? A little too much?

There was lots of misinformation passed around and a number of sites seemed to be stating the wrong prices aside from a select few for whatever reason, probably why even OT prices are incorrect.

£12, €15, $20

GamerSoul

There was lots of misinformation passed around and a number of sites seemed to be stating the wrong prices aside from a select few for whatever reason, probably why even OT prices are incorrect.

£12, €15, $20

Love yo avatar.

I need this game. I hate being broke :l

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Got a rage quit already. Screen was frozen for like a minute before bringing me back to the main menu.

soakrates

did they change anything balance-wise?

is 2G after GI still a thing?
step g?
All the glitches are in. This is also based on the PAL version, which means some characters have things they didn't have in other versions of the game. Maxi's 3B+K,B knocks down and does 50 damage. Ivy has a guaranteed unblockable of blocked 4A+B:B, and a few other things.

Also I'm hearing varying reports on the netcode. I still don't know if I'm going to get this. Subpar netcode after SC5 and TTT2 is unacepptable.

SkylineRKR

Unlocked everyone up until Mina. That went faster than I remembered. But Weapon Master is also more boring than I remembered. Dat Beserker dungeon.

The JP version stopped here which was good, but I'm probably going to get Assassin, Lizard and Berserker anyway... yawn.

Cels

All the glitches are in. This is also based on the PAL version, which means some characters have things they didn't have in other versions of the game. Maxi's 3B+K,B knocks down and does 50 damage. Ivy has a guaranteed unblockable of blocked 4A+B:B, and a few other things.

Also I'm hearing varying reports on the netcode. I still don't know if I'm going to get this. Subpar netcode after SC5 and TTT2 is unacepptable.

don't think i'll be getting this then. will be nothing but xianghua and ivy online

akaoni

Banned
3EG2ofE.png
sBGYCrF
gPRk0UW.png
uHIaTnj.png
AiOfv4x.png
ADGzfuI.png
YectDkj.png
55t5nH2.png
ggSHFbc.png
2aBZEct.png
YE3jgG6.png
uvqz3YS.png
SkEVjbi.png
Oy994Ty.png
PJOJ5bV.png
XmRcRPR.png
7Ni24uI.png
sBGYCrF.png

#1 Magic Wand scrub. Only night-theme hipsters might have a problem with them.

Online experience seems a bit better. I really suck though, 2 victories in 9 tries...I haven't played a fighting game like this in so long, especially SC...any skills the competitive community tried to instill in me is like nonexistent right now.

akaoni

Banned
So you have to continuously invite the same person over and over to play with a friend? Please tell me I'm misunderstanding....

I really love the single player in Soul Calibur. I don't know why more games don't make a similar campaign, the way they did. The only game similar is Puzzle Quest, where you move around a map and each battle gives some justification for who you're fighting, or the restrictions you have placed on you in the fight, along with an overarching story loosely tying everything together.

Love that shit.

£12, €15, $20

God damn PSN store, I have no way to properly check all these. :(

Btw good job with those avatars, chucking them up on the OT in a bit.

Roto13

I suck at this game now.

I can hold my own in SoulCalibur V online but so far I'm like 1 for 4 or something in this one.

Ok, got it to 5 wins and 4 losses in ranked. Quitting ranked while I'm ahead. :p

AAK

What do the Misc, Sign, Qk, & Pow tabs mean in the command list? How come some characters have a red x on some of them?

EDIT: Nvm, I just had to scroll down the help menu to see everything. Got it.

Kimosabae

Banned
Arghh, gotta get some training in before I play online. I play stick now, it's been so long and so much has changed, move-list-wise.

8WR soul charge and SCC. SOOO GOOOD. Namco why did you remove these? God you're stupid.

Jubern

As stupid as it sounds, JP voices was part of the package for me and it's one of those things that matter in the nostalgia factor that would make me buy this. Remove it + 20 bucks price point = skip, until they decide to do a Japanese release (if it ever happens...)

AAK

So I'm playing Weapon Master mode trying to unlock every character... and in quite a few chapters it won't let me get to the final stage. Does anyone know why?

EDIT: Figured it out, you have to beat the entire thing first, then you unlock the extra missions that will lead you to them,

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
No lobbies online + Private matches kick you back to the main menu after one match + no Japanese voices + unskippable intros = Disappointment. Wish I didn't buy this.

Kimosabae

Banned
Played a few matches online. Went 2-3. The 3 matches I lost were laggy shit. Thought it would be better than this. Maybe things will be better tomorrow. Disappointed so far, but maybe I was expecting too much given the generally positive impressions of online.

AAK

No lobbies online + Private matches kick you back to the main menu after one match + no Japanese voices + unskippable intros = Disappointment. Wish I didn't buy this.

These 3 things are complete WTF's....Hope there is some kind of patch for this.

Top Bottom