• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Reaver 1&2 Remastered branding spotted at SDCC.

I saw a comment about somebody's dad loving the games and made me feel old as a dinossaur.

Santa Claus What GIF by Freeform

Dazraell

Hm. Their recent efforts on Tomb Raider remastered were fairly solid. So this might turn out to be good as well.
Hopefully. Their output is hit and miss, they were also responsible for that disastrous Battlefront I & II demaster

It's old but might be relevant once remasters are released.

Anyways I forgot they upped the spectral sword combat in Defiance. Could be nice if it's a simple import to SR1 and SR2 but that's just wishful thinking. But that might be only possible with remakes. SR would look sick with faster and more brutal hack and slash combat.

Last edited:

00_Zer0

Soul Reaver 1 got delisted on search engine on gog.com and I have a coming soon mark beside copy I already own. I have Polish version of the site so dunno if it's the same abroad.
Nice! I just want the PC version to be equal to or better than the Dreamcast version. For years the PC port had been based on the original Playstation version instead of the superior Dreamcast version, so hopefully we can look forward to something along the lines of Tomb Raider 1-3 Remastered.

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
Soul Reaver 1 got delisted on search engine on gog.com and I have a coming soon mark beside copy I already own. I have Polish version of the site so dunno if it's the same abroad.
Nothing new there.

That’s always been the case. Since being delisted, it shows coming soon as a placeholder.

Both storefronts have
Square Enix has temporarily removed this title from sale to work on some important updates. Please check back soon!

It’s unlikely the original version will ever return to GOG. It cannot function without patches that break license agreements.

The new releases are new SKUs. It’s a similar situation to MGS2 on GOG.

Top Bottom