• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Delta |OT| Escaping a Grim fate

Shengar

Guys, this game is without doubt amazing, but is tremendously easier compared to the vanilla version.
I've defeted the IX Cerberus with 1 Atk, black stone offerings and heart blitz sigil (plus lv. IV spear and assault sigils) in little more than 4 minutes...

Are black pacts the same or they are harder?

It because you already have many strong offering from the start.
Try Black Page Pact, or more specifically, Tortoise and Hare pact.

KingJolly

Banned
Loving the Wild Arms costumes. Makes me want to actually play the series. Finally reached level 100 time for my first transmutation

Kurod

Banned
Finally went back and collected the original frog prince aka the Burger King to add to my list of allies. Don't know why I avoided fighting him. I thought it was interesting that to break the curse part on the head you had to hit the buckle on the back of the gimp suit.

Adahn

So, I thought I'd farm an Emperor LE +++ 'quick' to boost my blood damage before going to farm the frog prince/H&G. 30 odd runs of Pervert in Ruins (XIII Oblivion) and I still don't have one. Can I just check whether anyone has had one there? Is there a higher pact I should be hitting up?

ClaudioHplus

Neo Member
It because you already have many strong offering from the start.
Try Black Page Pact, or more specifically, Tortoise and Hare pact.
I haven't imported the savegame (yes, but I restarted the game anyway).

IMHO Sanctuarium is too strong (very good damage and quasi-immortal) and archfiends are the same of vanilla while every aspect of the gameplay has been rebalanced and improved; more power to the player, but the same of the previous game to archfiends.

Don't get me wrong, I love Delta, is a great game with a great lore, the best on Vita and better than a lot of game on home console.

The physical Asian release in full English is out now.

http://www.play-asia.com/soul-sacrifice-delta-english-paOS-13-49-en-70-7qyx.html

soul-sacrifice-delta-english-361545.10.jpg

Shengar

I haven't imported the savegame (yes, but I restarted the game anyway).

IMHO Sanctuarium is too strong (very good damage and quasi-immortal) and archfiends are the same of vanilla while every aspect of the gameplay has been rebalanced and improved; more power to the player, but the same of the previous game to archfiends.

Don't get me wrong, I love Delta, is a great game with a great lore, the best on Vita and better than a lot of game on home console.

First, I would like to apologize for jumping to the conclusion. Second, there is nothing wrong with criticizing Delta's difficulty. It's true that most of the game have been changed on the player side while the Archfiend hardly changed (except for some very hard too break cursed part). Moreover, the AI been pretty good this, maybe even TOO good since they only dying against super aggressive boss with ridiculous damage like Cat Sith. The game pre-Black Page is very easy due to obvious reason since I'm imported my old save. Black Page Pact Archfiend could killed quickly if you overkill it with sigils, but since most of the time they turned dead before I can break all of their parts. So this forced me to have different sigils that boost various offering effect, which makes the difficulty seems alright for me on Black Pages.

This is exactly my impression of SSD as well: incredibly improved (and criminally overlooked), but far too easy due to players getting a massive power boost while archfiends remain the same. Still, playing with underground dodge + melee is so incredibly fun that I can't imagine going back to other hunting games or even vanilla SS.
I'm on difficulty 5 pacts so I hope it ramps up later on, or at least when I get the first prestige... but vanilla was kicking my butt from day 1. :D

Shinriji

I broke down and bought SSD some weeks ago. I bought the limited edition, but I don't receive any extra DLC, is that right? What is the limited edition bonus.

Otherwise, incredible game. Way more polished than the vanilla release (but the menus have this weird tearing that the original game hasn't). So far, so good. And yes, it is very easy if you import a high level character.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I broke down and bought SSD some weeks ago. I bought the limited edition, but I don't receive any extra DLC, is that right? What is the limited edition bonus.

Otherwise, incredible game. Way more polished than the vanilla release (but the menus have this weird tearing that the original game hasn't). So far, so good. And yes, it is very easy if you import a high level character.
I believe you need to speak with one of the people inside the tavern to claim your gifts. The young guy on the far right.

And in addition, other DLC is downloaded by selecting the "Download" option on the title menu (the New Game/Continue menu).

Is there an english version of the changelog in the OP?

I really want to know exactly all the big and small changes to the game and i cant find a comprehensive list anywhere else.

ZeroAKA

Is there an english version of the changelog in the OP?

I really want to know exactly all the big and small changes to the game and i cant find a comprehensive list anywhere else.
There isn't. There are way more changes than I can list in the OP, but you can ask here if you have specific questions.

Mognet

wow man.. left and right on my left analogue stick doesn't work while up and down directions do, i only just found this out since i just bought ssd the other day after playing demon gaze for a couple weeks with only the dpad.

i thought this was some crazy new control setting in ssd, dammit.. so i was trying to get used to running using the camera.

i'm gonna have to wait a week for a replacement stick to arrive before i play ssd i guess.

Redhood

So now that the online pass is available separately for free on US PSN! Can someone with physical copy check if it works with R3 copy? It should as it adds as a service and not as a downloadable online pass?

IvorB

I have a question which kind of relates to this but also the original. I am trying to finish it off so I can start playing this. I am at the fight with Magusar now. But when I lose it just goes straight to end sequence/credits and I have to go through the whole story - fight - end credits every time I fight him and lose. Is there a better way to re-challenge him?

ZeroAKA

Farming blank pages for accessories is such a chore. I keep getting repeats of the same thing except with different colors.

MW_Jimmy

Just wondering if online is region-locked on that Asian release? Really want to bite on it, but haven't seen anywhere to see if this is the case or not.

ZeroAKA

Just wondering if online is region-locked on that Asian release? Really want to bite on it, but haven't seen anywhere to see if this is the case or not.
Online isn't region-locked, but you won't be able to play online or download DLC unless you have an Asian account to redeem the online pass on.

RpgN

Are all of those DLCs free? Like the Toukiden and Wild Arms stuff?

I completed vanilla SS and loved a the hell out of it. This game will be bought in due time :) It's crazy to feel very excited for a game that I practically already completed but the additions, tweaks and improvements seem to be worth it.

baekshi

Banned
Are all of those DLCs free? Like the Toukiden and Wild Arms stuff?

I completed vanilla SS and loved a the hell out of it. This game will be bought in due time :) It's crazy to feel very excited for a game that I practically already completed but the additions, tweaks and improvements seem to be worth it.
All free.

ZeroAKA

I didn't expect the Healer raiment to be added in so soon. SSD's worldwide DLCs keep delivering.

Edit: Also just got a Romalus blank page quest. I can finally farm Lightwings now.

baekshi

Banned
I didn't expect the Healer raiment to be added in so soon. SSD's worldwide DLCs keep delivering.

Edit: Also just got a Romalus blank page quest. I can finally farm Lightwings now.

Now that they're useless since they fixed when tempering coming back life from the fruit, the offerings no longer renew. Before it would renew everytime.

Blood from the abyssal is the new thing to do! Get on it.

ZeroAKA

Now that they're useless since they fixed when tempering coming back life from the fruit, the offerings no longer renew. Before it would renew everytime.

Blood from the abyssal is the new thing to do! Get on it.
I'm mainly using the Lightwings to do blank page quests faster, wasn't planning on using them for Alice. Are you talking about the new blood offering for breaking parts from the Toukiden monster?

By the way, I think I should post about something that's changed the game immensely for the better for me. I'm talking about remapping controls.
I currently have Run / Dodge / Interact on R, Swap Sets / launch Throw and Explosive on L, and Lock On on X. The amount of freedom this setup gives you is simply staggering. You can dodge and run while moving the camera (how the hell did I live without this until now!?). You can still swap sets while moving (and indeed, while running, now). You can still use throw or explosive while moving the camera (or running). You can run and dodge confortably while charging any offering, whereas before it was a pain for anything but Square. You can channel the pickup animation of soul shards or land offerings while moving the camera around to see behind you. At first I thought the only tradeoff would be not being able to center or lock on while charging an offering... until I realized that you actually can; you just press X whle holding the offering button, and if you hit any other button, it simply doesn't register.

Seriously guys, try it. It's incredible how confortable it makes the game when you get used to it (takes an hour or two tops).

baekshi

Banned
By the way, I think I should post about something that's changed the game immensely for the better for me. I'm talking about remapping controls.
I currently have Run / Dodge / Interact on R, Swap Sets / launch Throw and Explosive on L, and Lock On on X. The amount of freedom this setup gives you is simply staggering. You can dodge and run while moving the camera (how the hell did I live without this until now!?). You can still swap sets while moving (and indeed, while running, now). You can still use throw or explosive while moving the camera (or running). You can run and dodge confortably while charging any offering, whereas before it was a pain for anything but Square. You can channel the pickup animation of soul shards or land offerings while moving the camera around to see behind you. At first I thought the only tradeoff would be not being able to center or lock on while charging an offering... until I realized that you actually can; you just press X whle holding the offering button, and if you hit any other button, it simply doesn't register.

Seriously guys, try it. It's incredible how confortable it makes the game when you get used to it (takes an hour or two tops).

I think everyone knows this(or at least should?) and I can't imagine changing controls.

So uh... this thread doesn't seem super active but I think my save is glitched and I'm really worried :(

I just completed the Sorcerer's Ordeal chapters, then I did the tutorial in the place where everything was black and it had a beige floor. The Several Years Later chapters have not unlocked; there's just blacked out stuff beneath the Magusar section.

I've also been to my offerings and done the tutorial on fusing offerings - am I missing something? Or is my save completely bugged, and I'll have to start again? I've already tried re-doing the Sorcerer's Ordeal chapters, and after the only-text chapter about Sortiara's memories, it just goes to a page that is obscured.

ZeroAKA

So uh... this thread doesn't seem super active but I think my save is glitched and I'm really worried :(

I just completed the Sorcerer's Ordeal chapters, then I did the tutorial in the place where everything was black and it had a beige floor. The Several Years Later chapters have not unlocked; there's just blacked out stuff beneath the Magusar section.

I've also been to my offerings and done the tutorial on fusing offerings - am I missing something? Or is my save completely bugged, and I'll have to start again? I've already tried re-doing the Sorcerer's Ordeal chapters, and after the only-text chapter about Sortiara's memories, it just goes to a page that is obscured.
You have to go through the Grim storyline (and possibly the Avalon/Sanctarium stories).

baekshi

Banned
The ENTIRE storylines?
I played SS (normal) before and I swear after Sortiara's missions I just went straight on to the "Several Years Later" missions...
No, just the first one

If you imported save file and if they already have stamp on it, you should probably be left with grim one.

Top Bottom