• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice Delta |OT| Escaping a Grim fate

test_account

XP-39C²
Have you already traded in his "soul" for rumors? I would really like to know what "special rumors" he gives.
I didnt trade it in yet, but i checked which rumor you can get. I took a screenshot from it:

http://i5.minus.com/iK7ndxGzO7h9s.jpg

Whats actually the difference between an archfiend and a normal boss? Or is there any difference?

Can anyone please point me to the patch release notes? Can't find any!
I dont have any specific list, but in short, the patch adds some new pacts, a new enemy called Bahamut, some new raiments (clothes), some new rewards for blank pages and some other smaller changes, like you now get a warning when doing "prestige" if you're already fully stocked on rumors and you cant carry anymore.

Jindrael

Banned
I didnt trade it in yet, but i checked which rumor you can get. I took a screenshot from it:

http://i5.minus.com/iK7ndxGzO7h9s.jpg

Whats actually the difference between an archfiend and a normal boss? Or is there any difference?

I dont have any specific list, but in short, the patch adds some new pacts, a new enemy called Bahamut, some new raiments (clothes), some new rewards for blank pages and some other smaller changes, like you now get a warning when doing "prestige" if you're already fully stocked on rumors and you cant carry anymore.

Holy ... It really gives Want++ rumours ... I wished for it but that it would actually happen.

Archfiend is just the SS word for Boss, normal monsters are Grunts.
Meaning that rumour makes your chance higher to get +++ essences from any Boss/Archfiend in the game.

I'm interested in this but the fact that it's digital only is a real turn off. I only have an 8GB memory card and atm it is STUFFED full by FFX. I might pick it up when I get a bigger card...

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
What, apart from Princess Devotion, are some good Grim offerings? I'm 42/42 atm and Princess Devotion is so good that I use it almost exclusively.

Oh, and add me on PSN. My handle is the same like here.

Jindrael

Banned
What, apart from Princess Devotion, are some good Grim offerings? I'm 42/42 atm and Princess Devotion is so good that I use it almost exclusively.

Is Princess Devotion really that much better than the normal neutral Axe?
I don't like the low amount of uses on Devotion =/

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Is Princess Devotion really that much better than the normal neutral Axe?
I don't like the low amount of uses on Devotion =/
I use the black version of it. Only 2 uses but it has 220 power and a duration of 100. Never needed more than 2 for any archfiend so far.

ZeroAKA

Evasive is a must with weapons. I also like Virgin Binding (mine) and Tyrant Binding (armor).

nbthedude

No answers in sales thread so thought I'd ask here. Original game us $6 right now. Buy it or wait for deal on this? What are the major differences and are they significant enough to wait.

Jindrael

Banned
No answers in sales thread so thought I'd ask here. Original game us $6 right now. Buy it or wait for deal on this? What are the major differences and are they significant enough to wait.

Delta is worlds better than the Original, I wouldn't buy the Original, the only real use right now is to use it as a Demo.
And if you like the Original you would only like Delta more.

I mean you can't really do much wrong with 6€ but to me it wouldn't be worth it.

Evasive is a must with weapons. I also like Virgin Binding (mine) and Tyrant Binding (armor).

Armor is sooo good but I just can't play with one... I need my fashion Souls (Ha I can now use it in two different games).

My Grim offerings right now are:

Cottonmaid Wing's+ (3 star)
Iron Mill+ (3 star)
Axe Edge+ (3 star)
Healing Bloom (L) (3 star)
Starveling Fruit+ (3 star)
Bouldershield Fragment (L)

I'm thinking about changing out the Shield for Primordial Bedrock+

ZeroAKA

Armor is sooo good but I just can't play with one... I need my fashion Souls (Ha I can now use it in two different games).

My Grim offerings right now are:

Cottonmaid Wing's+ (3 star)
Iron Mill+ (3 star)
Axe Edge+ (3 star)
Healing Bloom (L) (3 star)
Starveling Fruit+ (3 star)
Bouldershield Fragment (L)

I'm thinking about changing out the Shield for Primordial Bedrock+
I have 3 set-ups that I use. They're basically different combinations of the same few offerings: Virgin Binding, Princess Devotion, Cottonmaid Wing, Assassin's Wingtip, Tyrant Binding, Princess Mask, Starveling Fruit. All of them are black and 3-stars, and I have multiple copies of offerings that are really useful.

cyborg009

Banned
I'll be up for some matches later on tonight if anyone wants to run them down.

You know am sure this might have been said before but Im surprised that Sony hasnt tried to hit up Gekkan Ikki for getting a Dorohedoro colab going, as out of the type of not only look, but general backstory would it have been a lot cooler than something random like Wild Arms.

Would have made for some hella cool costumes and potentially new spells even monster type.

Never heard of this series. I want to see some berserk collaboration, Wild Arms was because the producer of Soul Sacrifice was the same on Wild Arms.

Kurod

Banned
Bahamut? More like Bahabutt. I've used 6 Large effect rumors and still haven't seen that goober. What a jerk.

Edit: I guess the seventh time was the charm. I can only imagine how hard it is going to be to get the Lizard King sigil...

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Finally had more time to play last night and beat the main storyline.
That's a much more positive ending than I would have expected!

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Finally had more time to play last night and beat the main storyline.
That's a much more positive ending than I would have expected!
I'm curious to know what was your choice in the end?

Roubjon

Yo guys, I bought and played the first one a while and got to the final boss and then stopped playing. I really enjoyed it while I was playing as well, but I think I bought Monster Hunter and then stopped.

Would you guys say it is worth it to buy that deluxe package? Basically I could use someone to sell me the game lol. The Hanpan hat almost did to be honest.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm curious to know what was your choice in the end?
Sacrifice. I remembered that ending being the better one of the two in the first game, as it left things a little more open to interpretation. It was around midnight and I didn't want to go to bed on a sour note.

ramyeon

Sacrifice. I remembered that ending being the better one of the two in the first game, as it left things a little more open to interpretation. It was around midnight and I didn't want to go to bed on a sour note.
I preferred the Save ending for the original ending tbh. I interpreted the Sacrifice ending as just leading to the protagonist becoming the "next Magusar". I chose Sacrifice in extra Delta stuff though and I did like the ending, haven't tried Save yet.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I preferred the Save ending for the original ending tbh. I interpreted the Sacrifice ending as just leading to the protagonist becoming the "next Magusar". I chose Sacrifice in extra Delta stuff though and I did like the ending, haven't tried Save yet.
I choosed saved too just based on the fact that I didn't want to become the next Magusar and I didn't want to start the cycle over again but look what good that did....I merely restarted a cycle anyways.

Shengar

Yes,
sacrifice in SSD (I haven't yet to choose save actually lol) left more into interpretation. You become like Magusar, but we didn't know yet whether our memory erased like the previous Magusar or not. At the end of the scene, you pick up a book that look like Librom before you return to the cage. This I take it, that our character is reading the old prisoner life in his cagem which mean that the cycle possibly have been move from Librom-> Magusar to Magusar->God->Librom. You're not becoming Magusar that destroy the world, but rather "Magusar" that fight against the god. The next game, if there will be any, I presume will focus more on the gods.

ramyeon

I choosed saved too just based on the fact that I didn't want to become the next Magusar and I didn't want to start the cycle over again but look what good that did....I merely restarted a cycle anyways.
True, but the message is that as long as there as hope then there may be a way to break the cycle. That's what I took away from it anyway - they pushed that theme pretty heavily and then Delta came along and introduced a break in the cycle.

As for sequel content, I really hope the sequel expands on the world and lore a lot more by letting us experience it rather than living it through a book. That worked for one game, but I don't think it'll work a second time. Would love to see a HUB area.

ZeroAKA

Yo guys, I bought and played the first one a while and got to the final boss and then stopped playing. I really enjoyed it while I was playing as well, but I think I bought Monster Hunter and then stopped.

Would you guys say it is worth it to buy that deluxe package? Basically I could use someone to sell me the game lol. The Hanpan hat almost did to be honest.
The costumes/accessories aren't anything special, to be honest. The game is great though, huge improvement over the original.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Yesterday's update got a blog post: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...pdated-with-new-content-on-ps-vita/#sf3195422

But there was still hope for change in the original's depiction of the player character walking out of the castle. I don't remember what was said exactly but I'm sure it was along the lines of "Well, I'm not going to let that happen again." And then Delta expands on that eternal recursion and the whole goal of the Magusar line, which I liked.

On the other hand, the Save ending just resets to the endless Librom/Magusar fight.

I finally caved in and bought this a few days ago, even though it's pretty much my policy to buy most games on sale. Having played a fair but not massive amount of the original SS (up to level 5 difficulty quests), I really agree this is the game SS was meant to be. In fact, I'm having trouble wrapping my head about it's awesomeness. The combo spells in particular are amazing AND fun as hell. The new archfiends and areas are really cool, and the game in general is a visual treat. I find myself wanting to play it to the exclusion of everything else, including Persona 4 Golden (not a small praise!). Honestly? I feel pity for the people that have skipped Vita in general and this in particular.

baekshi

Banned

Holy shit, I suggested them to post it on blog, they did D:

Newp. Content updates have been through patches so far, but if they ever do anything as free DLC like the first game, I want to have access to it.

And through the "Download" button. If they update to add only monsters, they'll use that. (Succubus (JP release) and the Toukiden collab both used). All free DLC is through the game.

Kurod

Banned
Finally got my Bahamut mask.

USlnLqp.jpg

I managed to get the throne sigil too (bahamut slayer/tamer effect). Still no +++ essence for the arm though :(

I just spent the last hour turning SSD's wiki page on offering combos from this into this. Would you guys say it's an improvement? I think so, but...

It's also missing some combos mentioned in this reddit post, mostly multiplayer ones, so I'll try to check if they work as advertised and add them.

ramyeon

Yesterday's update got a blog post: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...pdated-with-new-content-on-ps-vita/#sf3195422

But there was still hope for change in the original's depiction of the player character walking out of the castle. I don't remember what was said exactly but I'm sure it was along the lines of "Well, I'm not going to let that happen again." And then Delta expands on that eternal recursion and the whole goal of the Magusar line, which I liked.

On the other hand, the Save ending just resets to the endless Librom/Magusar fight.
I didn't really feel the same way, we'd already seen how even Sortiara had affected Librom and I can imagine Magusar would be an even stronger influence. It was definitely a cycle, just like the Save ending. They were just different cycles. I suppose I just felt the idea of becoming a new book but with more knowledge was better than becoming the evil that has to be stopped resonated with me more.

cyborg009

Banned
I just spent the last hour turning SSD's wiki page on offering combos from this into this. Would you guys say it's an improvement? I think so, but...

It's also missing some combos mentioned in this reddit post, mostly multiplayer ones, so I'll try to check if they work as advertised and add them.

Great write up I didn't know half of these combos. You seem to miss the healing bloom+roar.

ijed

The older version's a bit easier to read on the phone without the tables but great work nonetheless.

Since I'm using blood the roar+regen seed is good for an extra 60 points when farming for reward drops ;)

Also is it worth grinding blank pages hoping for an easy H+G? XV pact isn't too hard but it's going to take a few runs to get all the sigils...

Redhood

And through the "Download" button. If they update to add only monsters, they'll use that. (Succubus (JP release) and the Toukiden collab both used). All free DLC is through the game.

Which requires online pass which he will not be able to redeem. The physical copy comes with online pass and the game checks it before downloading dlc, playing online, registering slayer points online and Physic Link quests. So if u want to miss out on them go get the physical version.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
The older version's a bit easier to read on the phone without the tables but great work nonetheless.
Yeah, I hated looking at tables on mobile. Toukiden's mitama lists were impossible to navigate. It's not the end of the world through.

Wish these wiki websites had better mobile options. 😔

Shengar

Grinding level for heart sigil X doesn't seems to bad. The huge boost have opened oppurtunities for me to use different kind of sigils since most of the time you would killed the archfiend first if your damage output is too big before you could destroyed all of its parts.

Anyway, what's yours choice for main weapon? Mine is throwing sigils, combined with terrain sigil to inflict status effect.

Great write up I didn't know half of these combos. You seem to miss the healing bloom+roar.

Regenesis Seed + Roar? Yeah, that was one of the two that was missing, I added it yesterday (the links I put up there are "frozen in time" versions of the before and after).

Yeah, I hated looking at tables on mobile. Toukiden's mitama lists were impossible to navigate. It's not the end of the world through.

Wish these wiki websites had better mobile options. 😔

Damn! I didn't think of that. :( OK, I'll set aside some time this evening to make an alternate page in the old style and link it from that one. Really sorry about that, guys, I didn't realize.

Also, I mentioned in the PSN thread how I have the old music for all the menus (inside Librom); the new version played at the beginning, but not anymore. Anyone else experienced that?

cyborg009

Banned
Regenesis Seed + Roar? Yeah, that was one of the two that was missing, I added it yesterday (the links I put up there are "frozen in time" versions of the before and after).

Damn! I didn't think of that. :( OK, I'll set aside some time this evening to make an alternate page in the old style and link it from that one. Really sorry about that, guys, I didn't realize.

Also, I mentioned in the PSN thread how I have the old music for all the menus (inside Librom); the new version played at the beginning, but not anymore. Anyone else experienced that?

Nope not the same spell. Have a teammate use healing bloom and then you come in using a charge roar.

Also you see the spell on the japan site.

Have a nice lunch and thanks for putting in the time to make it better!

Thanks, and you're welcome!

Nice to see the wiki is getting updated. Added to OP.

Not sure about the wiki at large, i just thought this would be a good place to have all combos in a single page. :)

Nope not the same spell. Have a teammate use healing bloom and then you come in using a charge roar.

Also you see the spell on the japan site.

Oh wow, not only did the original Wiki page not have that combo, it wasn't on Reddit's page either. I'll add it right away. Thanks a lot!

Edit: Wait, what does it do exactly? :D

cyborg009

Banned
Thanks, and you're welcome!

Not sure about the wiki at large, i just thought this would be a good place to have all combos in a single page. :)

Oh wow, not only did the original Wiki page not have that combo, it wasn't on Reddit's page either. I'll add it right away. Thanks a lot!

Edit: Wait, what does it do exactly? :D

Kind of like the a aoe healing spell.Similar to a spell that requires two players to active.

ClaudioHplus

Neo Member
Guys, this game is without doubt amazing, but is tremendously easier compared to the vanilla version.
I've defeted the IX Cerberus with 1 Atk, black stone offerings and heart blitz sigil (plus lv. IV spear and assault sigils) in little more than 4 minutes...

Are black pacts the same or they are harder?

ZeroAKA

Guys, this game is without doubt amazing, but is tremendously easier compared to the vanilla version.
I've defeted the IX Cerberus with 1 Atk, black stone offerings and heart blitz sigil (plus lv. IV spear and assault sigils) in little more than 4 minutes...

Are black pacts the same or they are harder?
Black pacts go up to XV. They get harder.

Top Bottom