• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

maouvin

I didn't see this in the OP, what does it mean when magic glows yellow?

It's getting out of charges/uses. Use some more and it will glow red. Use it again and it will break, rendering it useless until you "repair" them (you do this on the portraiture/"prepare yourself" before missions by paying a cost in lacrima).

Dereck

I'm noticing that the magic seems to kind of run out too quickly for my liking. I guess I need to boost more of my magic.

I didn't see this in the OP, what does it mean when magic glows yellow?

as in the icon for the speel starts to glow?

IIRC it means its getting near to its breaking point and you can use it a few times until it glows red (which means gonna break in the next use).

Once broken its out of use for the rest of the quest and you will have to use lacrima to rebuild it

maouvin

The fuck am I supposed to do when the objective is to collect soul shards?

Use the Mind's Eye (press down). You'll see some blue shinies around. Go to them and hold x (or R, if you swapped controls) to collect it.

Might need to deactivate minds eye to get them, don't remember now.

Use the Mind's Eye (press down). You'll see some blue shinies around. Go to them and hold x (or R, if you swapped controls) to collect it.

Might need to deactivate minds eye to get them, don't remember now.

Yes you need to deactivate mind's eye once you find them so it will prompt you to collect them.

baekshi

Banned
some new SSD Monsters (http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/soulsacrificedelta/monster/)
cts11_img.jpg
slide9_2.jpg

cts12_img.jpg
slide10_1.jpg

cts3_img.jpg

cts4_img.jpg

cts9_img.jpg
slide7_1.jpg

cts10_img.jpg

slide8_1.jpg

Also here new magics
http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/soulsacrificedelta/magic/

you can get rough what they are

and look at the shield...
slide6_2.jpg

Shengar

I hope they let us customize sorcerer with extreme aligment. I really like to play aggresive, but 99/1 model is just godawful. If it for Exterminator Sigil III bonus, I would choose 90/10 instead :(

MSMrRound

Still rather bummed that Playstation Asia decided to give us R3 users the shaft and only offer us the Japanese and the Chinese version for our January PS+ free game offer.

I mean...I can read a bit of Chinese somewhat...but not all of us are Chinese, y'know? (Would have preferred English text as well)

maouvin

Magusar beaten. Saved.

That ending is on a whole other level, magnificent storytelling.

Right? I saved him at first too.
Now go and sacrifice to see the other ending. I'd guess this is the one they'll consider to be the "true" ending for Delta.

I found the saving one more interesting, tho.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Yummy new monsters, but I'm a little worried that we still haven't heard about a western release. I was hoping for a rapid release like the first.

Sora_N

How long would it take to casually reach the end? I'm mostly interested in the story but I don't like the magic system at all.

I think I'm also awful at the game, when I got to the Harpy I pretty much used all my spells and had to wait for the AI to kill her.

baekshi

Banned
How long would it take to casually reach the end? I'm mostly interested in the story but I don't like the magic system at all.

I think I'm also awful at the game, when I got to the Harpy I pretty much used all my spells and had to wait for the AI to kill her.

I did say, 10-20 hours on the story. You should look up monsters weakness(harpy is weak to fire) if you're having trouble and also sacrifice(smaller enemies) as much as you can to renew your magic spells during the boss fight or look around for glowing object with mind eye's.

You should also look in your Right Arm if you any good sigils

cj_iwakura

Right? I saved him at first too.
Now go and sacrifice to see the other ending. I'd guess this is the one they'll consider to be the "true" ending for Delta.

I found the saving one more interesting, tho.

Just saw the Sacrifice ending, and I kind of agree. But they're both great.

And funny how the Sacrifice ending is the
happy one.

Sort of.

This is where your story begins.

Does anyone know the name of the idle music that plays during the Illecebra fight? It has singing too, but it's not as dark as the main idle theme. It's more melodic and sad.

cyborg009

Banned
Just saw the Sacrifice ending, and I kind of agree. But they're both great.

And funny how the Sacrifice ending is the
happy one.

Sort of.

This is where your story begins.

Does anyone know the name of the idle music that plays during the Illecebra fight? It has singing too, but it's not as dark as the main idle theme. It's more melodic and sad.

This Abyssal World

cyborg009

Banned
From that NicoNico livestream it seems like delta is set in alternate universe. Liborm and Magusar entered the world while fighting Leviathan and then started to fight hansel and gretel. Pretty cool that the devs remembered that scene in the original game since it never really made sense.

edit:eek:k saw your edit. This plays when you sacrifice sortiara.
Oh ok, It really does set the mood and I love reading the lore to the music.

I'm 50/50 and I'm having trouble unlocking the quest tree on the 2nd page of age 4 in avalon pacts, as well as a bunch of forgotten pacts. Also, I need some help unlocking drubbing 2+3 and firesweep 3+4. If anyone here is available to help, add me on PSN please. PSN: GJY2105 (gjy2105 if that doesn't work)

maouvin

I'm 50/50 and I'm having trouble unlocking the quest tree on the 2nd page of age 4 in avalon pacts, as well as a bunch of forgotten pacts. Also, I need some help unlocking drubbing 2+3 and firesweep 3+4. If anyone here is available to help, add me on PSN please. PSN: GJY2105 (gjy2105 if that doesn't work)

I'm in - I'm after those sigils too.

For the avalon pacts, try this:

Soul Sacrifice Wikia said:
In order to unlock "Rolling the Roads", you must first clear the Innocence quest "Desert Drag ", which is unlocked by sacrificing the Harpy in "Snowfield Glutton ", another Innocence quest. The Harpy should also have Eliminated status at the moment you want to start "Rolling the Roads" quest.

edit: also, what timezone are you in? I'm at GMT-2.

you guys have any good tips for a beginner in playing soul sacrifice online?

most of the time i get in lobbys wich do quests way above my level.

I'm in - I'm after those sigils too.

For the avalon pacts, try this:

edit: also, what timezone are you in? I'm at GMT-2.

you guys have any good tips for a beginner in playing soul sacrifice online?

most of the time i get in lobbys wich do quests way above my level.

use the search function and when the list comes up, you can see the character levels of each lobby to help you decide.

Shengar

Can I get an archfiend's SE++ on 5* missions, or am I just killing a "low level" Valkyrie in vain?

Nope, unless the said archfiend is Gemini and that is still pretty low chance for SE++ to appeared. I took me almost 4-5 Wyverns on a 10 star mission to get my Wyvern SE++.

maouvin

Nope, unless the said archfiend is Gemini and that is still pretty low chance for SE++ to appeared. I took me almost 4-5 Wyverns on a 10 star mission to get my Wyvern SE++.

Welp. At least all those kills took like 1 minute each. Harder pacts it is.
Thanks!

krioto

I just started playing this last night - I'm only chapter 3 of the stag after you beat Sortaria - so quite early on.

I'm currently sacrificing everything, so am 1/9

Is this the best way to go - should you save any enemies?

Is there anyway to work out what the enemies weakness is?

How do I get better spells?

thanks in advance.

IIRC since i'm a bit rusty on this game

I just started playing this last night - I'm only chapter 3 of the stag after you beat Sortaria - so quite early on.

I'm currently sacrificing everything, so am 1/9

Is this the best way to go - should you save any enemies?

Is there anyway to work out what the enemies weakness is?

How do I get better spells?

thanks in advance.

Things to note:

if you sacrifice you gain more attack power but at the expense of defense so right now you can dish it out but can't take much

if you save the logical opposite happens (better defense, shit offense).

if you keep each level the same or the gap isn't huge in either direction you are neutral and it makes both defense and offense pretty baseline

This goes on for the entire game so it its up to you on which type of style you want to use.

i just went neutral to 40/40 so i could get all of the black rites then go from there (an option will be available soon that allows to strip your levels or basically re-spec your character) others went 1/99 or 99/1 or anything between those.

As for your questions

1) Yes since you get the corresponding essence once you do (sacrificing gives the other) and both of those will be needed to create Sigils (which is like your armor since you can imbue your self with specific effects such as strength, defense, increase in rewards, increase of potency of certain spell, etc.). Some of the sigils have additional effects if you are saving/defence oriented, sacrifice/attack oriented or neutral so that can also play into your leveling. On the battlefield you will get a portion of life immediately if you save a creature/AI partner plus the previously mentioned essence, sacrifice refills the uses of all your spells plus the essence.

Also if you save the "boss" monsters you will get them as AI partners to use in Avalon pacts (tbh their AI sucks balls most times so they might be seen as dead weight to most)

2) In the beginning the Lore/Story of the creature could hint it but usually its fighting the creature and see what element it uses the most in its attacks, then just finding the weakness.

Also you can attack the creature with the different elements and if its the weakness the game will tell you by saying the elemental weakness found (since that message used as part of the scoring system)

3) You get better spells as you progress through the game but you can also fuse 2 existing spells to create new spell or level up an existing spell to its stronger form by boosting it with its duplicates (boosting uses 2 of the same spell)

eg i have 10 ten of the same fire spell then boost to get 5 one-star version of the spell spell, then boost those to get 2 two-star version of the spell (the extra one-star remaining can be boosted with other one-star you create later and etc.

baekshi

Banned
Aw man, I thought it'd be coming out this month :( (I know, nothing good would happen with a launch on the same month as the PS4).

I wanted some truthfacts about what carry over from SS to SSD regarding offerings and sigils. One more month for those, then.

I did get that translated from a good friend so:
http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/soulsacrificedelta/savedata/

this transfer over , costume(衣装), sigil(刻印)offering(供物), black rite(禁術) saving and sacrificing(魂? and 気?), Librom's tears(リブロムの涙), NPC(同行者), and story quest progress(ストーリークエストのクリア状況)

供物)(魂)(気)(Offering, Save? , Sacrifice? ) is one type limit of 10. (Offering, Save? , Sacrifice? )

Librom's tears(リブロムの涙) is limit of 10,000 max carry over. Free quest is from the beginning.

right arm level → all reset to 0 but (噂の紙片 details)player get a XP boost and (high probability) get a rare item.

So Sigil carry over. 10 type of (each??) limit of on offering

Top Bottom