• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

baekshi

Banned
monster list just got update
cts14_img.jpg

slide12_1.jpg

cts13_img.jpg

slide11_1.jpg

maouvin

So Sigil carry over. 10 type of (each??) limit of on offering

10 offerings? Enough to bring the main setup and some extras, I guess.
I'll farm some flies to export and then get upset when the banhammer gets to them :)
If Toukiden leaves me time to do so, of course

10 offerings? Enough to bring the main setup and some extras, I guess.
I'll farm some flies to export and then get upset when the banhammer gets to them :)
If Toukiden leaves me time to do so, of course

Flies with drub2+3 and fs3+4 are like a hammer. I've found that archer's arrowheads L plus the throw 3+4 sigils and two heat surge sigils are a lot more fun as a scalpel. especially when it comes to breaking hard to reach parts.

edit: it's also really annoying when my flies hover off to attack a terrain bomb

maouvin

Flies with drub2+3 and fs3+4 are like a hammer. I've found that archer's arrowheads L plus the throw 3+4 sigils and two heat surge sigils are a lot more fun as a scalpel. especially when it comes to breaking hard to reach parts.

edit: it's also really annoying when my flies hover off to attack a terrain bomb

Aye, if you don't cast flies at point blank, who knows where they'll end.
But man, what a punch they do.

Those raptor heads, lol.

the game is refusing to drop glacial se+ for me. The glacial orcs will only drop the normal or the ++. I have over 50 ++ now. WTF. how do I get the +?

Shengar

the game is refusing to drop glacial se+ for me. The glacial orcs will only drop the normal or the ++. I have over 50 ++ now. WTF. how do I get the +?

Try low-mid level that spawned have Glacial orc in it. 1-3 stars is probably too low, while 8-10 is too high. 4-7 is your best bet using Sacrifice Amp.

putermcgee

Is this supposed to be a chimaera?
Goat, check
Lion, check
Snake, check
If it not a chimaera, I don't what it is
Its name on the game's page is Chimaera, so yeah.

I recently finished the game, and was pretty satisfied. I can't say I prefer this over Monster Hunter, or vice versa for that matter. This definitely has a better story, it's faster, and I feel like drops are more predictable. I'm not sure how soon I'll jump on Delta, though, since I played the US version, and that save won't carry over.

And a tip for those starting out... Don't waste too much time grinding out items to merge them. You'll grind for that sweet Irondrake Egg (M), and then a few quests later you'll be receiving them straight up as rewards.

Its name on the game's page is Chimaera, so yeah.

I recently finished the game, and was pretty satisfied. I can't say I prefer this over Monster Hunter, or vice versa for that matter. This definitely has a better story, it's faster, and I feel like drops are more predictable. I'm not sure how soon I'll jump on Delta, though, since I played the US version, and that save won't carry over.

And a tip for those starting out... Don't waste too much time grinding out items to merge them. You'll grind for that sweet Irondrake Egg (M), and then a few quests later you'll be receiving them straight up as rewards.

You could always just wait for it to get localized before transferring your save data over.

Diablos54

So I've just completed the first chapter (Thanks PS Plus!) and it's pretty damn awesome so far. Good graphics, nice story, fast paced and excellent combat! Online's pretty fun too.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
For some reason, I can't seem to access the last 5 levels in Atonement. I've already got chapters 1 up to 5 fully completed, so what gives? I just want to platinum this game before Delta releases.

UTF-8BMjAxNC0wMi0xNy0yMjA5MTEuanBn_zps38f1cb60.jpg

This worked for me.

Originally Posted by Soul Sacrifice Wikia

In order to unlock "Rolling the Roads", you must first clear the Innocence quest "Desert Drag ", which is unlocked by sacrificing the Harpy in "Snowfield Glutton ", another Innocence quest. The Harpy should also have Eliminated status at the moment you want to start "Rolling the Roads" quest.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
This worked for me.

Originally Posted by Soul Sacrifice Wikia

In order to unlock "Rolling the Roads", you must first clear the Innocence quest "Desert Drag ", which is unlocked by sacrificing the Harpy in "Snowfield Glutton ", another Innocence quest. The Harpy should also have Eliminated status at the moment you want to start "Rolling the Roads" quest.
Thanks for that.

If there's anyone up for a quest, let me know.

Ratrat

How hard/easy is this game solo?
I've played 600 hours of Monster Hunter but haven't touched any other hunting action games.

Blu(e)

This guy put a three part video that talks about the new additions in Delta. Really cool stuff.
Part one talks about "character customization, NPC allies, factions, spells and crafting".
Part two talks about the "NPC lounge room, enchantments, faction influence and social features."
Part three fights one of the new bosses and shows off "spell combinations, environmental changes, monster weak points and the new faction choices for defeated enemies."

Pretty annoyed that there still isn't a peep about a North America release date. If they really give so few shits about the North American market, I'm just going to pass on it. My hard earned money will go to companies that will work for it.

Maledict

I really wish there was a 'beginners guide' to this. Picked it up through PS+ and really enjoying it! but still feel like I'm blundering around in the dark as to what works well. I tend to use eggs in all boss fights as they do so much damage, but in particular:

- is it even possible to inflict the hell status on a boss more than once? Seems after I've frozen / shocked them once their resistance goes through the roof
- when I do inflict them with a hell status, should I imminently chain it or wail on them a while with normal attacks
- is there any reliable way to farm the + and ++ elements? I've completed the first magusar storyline, the first two Avalon sorcerer pacts and the first thee Avalon pacts and there are so many sigils I cannot access it's painful.
- are there any obvious do's and don'ts when it comes to offering choice?
- are weapons actually supposed to be useable on bosses, given how they all seem to have horrific short range attacks that maul you when you go close?
- is it worth grinding up to M and L versions of offerings, or just burn through pacts till they start to drop normally?

And finally online play - at what level should instant doing this? I don't know anyone else with a vita, so would be with complete strangers in Europe, and I have a sneaking suspicion I'm actually quite bad at this game. Blasted Elven Queen was a horrific fight until I figured out when she couldn't dodge my explosives...

I was so hyped about it before, but I'm losing my enthusiasm. I just don't see enough new content to justify paying the price of a full new game. It feels more like it should be the price of a big DLC or expansion pack (~20 bucks).

maouvin

I was so hyped about it before, but I'm losing my enthusiasm. I just don't see enough new content to justify paying the price of a full new game. It feels more like it should be the price of a big DLC or expansion pack (~20 bucks).

Have they confirmed the price? It could be cheaper since it's digital only.

leroidys

I really wish there was a 'beginners guide' to this. Picked it up through PS+ and really enjoying it! but still feel like I'm blundering around in the dark as to what works well. I tend to use eggs in all boss fights as they do so much damage, but in particular:

- is it even possible to inflict the hell status on a boss more than once? Seems after I've frozen / shocked them once their resistance goes through the roof

Definitely. Use sigils that buff elemental effects, and terrain offerings (carpets). If you're going for the 5 state trophy, just use hourglasses (you may have to craft them).

- when I do inflict them with a hell status, should I imminently chain it or wail on them a while with normal attacks

Chaining is better AFAIK, but may not work with your offering setup.

- is there any reliable way to farm the + and ++ elements? I've completed the first magusar storyline, the first two Avalon sorcerer pacts and the first thee Avalon pacts and there are so many sigils I cannot access it's painful.

There are sigils that increase the amount of save or sacrifice XP you get from monsters. These will increase the chances of getting + and ++ offerings. If there's a bias, i.e. the xp is not 50/50, going with it nets you a +, going against it nets you a ++ SE/LE. Or the other way around. I forget. One of those.

- are there any obvious do's and don'ts when it comes to offering choice?
Throws are amazing. Blood is amazing, but you need to beat the game first. Overall, offerings are pretty well balanced in so far as they can all be useful. I don't see many bother with arms or weapons though.
- are weapons actually supposed to be useable on bosses, given how they all seem to have horrific short range attacks that maul you when you go close?

I don't think weapons are really viable. They're OK at the very beginning where they are some of the better DPS options you have.

- is it worth grinding up to M and L versions of offerings, or just burn through pacts till they start to drop normally?

No

And finally online play - at what level should instant doing this? I don't know anyone else with a vita, so would be with complete strangers in Europe, and I have a sneaking suspicion I'm actually quite bad at this game. Blasted Elven Queen was a horrific fight until I figured out when she couldn't dodge my explosives...

Level 35 or 45 (combined) is fine. Depends on how good you are. I've played with some people level 60 or 80 that shouldn't be playing online.

Answers in bold. Hope this helps!

ZeroAKA

Got the platinum in this last week. Only my second platinum, the first being gravity rush.

Bring on Delta!
Congrats! Just out of curiosity, did the platinum require you to complete all of the Forgotten Pacts? I think some people mentioned that, but I didn't have to do those when I got my platinum before the patch.

Maledict

Thanks Lerodiys - am at the Magusar fight now, but think I'll finish a few others to get the dragon sigils first.

I still don't 'get' the griffon fight at all though - it's not even that hard according to the difficulty meter but it absolutely wrecks me every time.

leroidys

Congrats! Just out of curiosity, did the platinum require you to complete all of the Forgotten Pacts? I think some people mentioned that, but I didn't have to do those when I got my platinum before the patch.

Nah, I didn't have to do all of the forgotten pacts (thank god.)

Thanks Lerodiys - am at the Magusar fight now, but think I'll finish a few others to get the dragon sigils first.

I still don't 'get' the griffon fight at all though - it's not even that hard according to the difficulty meter but it absolutely wrecks me every time.

Yeah, the flying bosses suck. Griffon + Phoenix is such a pain in the ass. Just bring tons of throw offerings (which you should do anyway TBH), and be sure to use mind's eye when he's going to blind you.

So picked up this game again from not playing for almost a year and I'm pretty ordinary at it.

I finished one mission, Combing the wastes on inside Avalon ( the first mission) where you have to find 4 soul shards. It took me 43mins and was ranked ' second rate sorcerer".
The mission consisted of kill a huge amount of rats. How would I go about completing this mission to gain a better rank/ in a shorter time. Like I said I'm still very new to this and thought the mission was never going stop spawning rats.

Edit: just reading the wiki and you're supposed to use mind's eye to find the shards. I think I should have stopped killing the rats and explored a bit mod using minds eye.

leroidys

So picked up this game again from not playing for almost a year and I'm pretty ordinary at it.

I finished one mission, Combing the wastes on inside Avalon ( the first mission) where you have to find 4 soul shards. It took me 43mins and was ranked ' second rate sorcerer".
The mission consisted of kill a huge amount of rats. How would I go about completing this mission to gain a better rank/ in a shorter time. Like I said I'm still very new to this and thought the mission was never going stop spawning rats.

Edit: just reading the wiki and you're supposed to use mind's eye to find the shards. I think I should have stopped killing the rats and explored a bit mod using minds eye.

Yeah, if any mission is taking more than 20 minutes you're either way underleveled or missing something.

There's a bunch of these pointless "find the shards" quests. They're complete filler... the devs correctly identified that they needed something to break up the combat missions, but they did not choose a good replacement...

maouvin

I too got a bunch of levels the first time I played that mission. Then I checked the mission info and saw that I needed to find those shards. Fun times.

So I played a bit of the demo for this and I don't quite know what to make of it yet. I had a few questions I hope someone can answer:

Is co-op essential? Am I missing out on a lot by playing solo? Could I platinum it solo?

Do the levels get more complex then what are essentially open battlefields? Scenarios more complex than enemies just spawning or is the combat pretty much center stage throughout?

I haven't done everything there is to do in the demo yet I believe but I don't expect it'll show enough to answer those questions.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Is co-op essential? Am I missing out on a lot by playing solo?

This. I know Delta's out (?) now but I've got the original since it was available for free on PS+ a while ago and I'm thinking of giving it a go, depending on how well it plays solo.

hurzelein

Played the story mostly solo with 2 trained AI companions. At least till the hardest levels you will be fine. Cant really remember if I managed to play the whole story solo but I think I made some with multi-help.

Top Bottom