• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

Also got it with plus and started playing it. Sortiara is kicking my ass if i decide to save her unfortunately. guess no option like that.

Does the online part start afterwards? If any new folks are european or get up early i guess in us add me. Same psn as my nick.

Wanted to add i really like the world building so far and the music is top notch.

You cant save her, its a mandatory part of the story.

IIRC the online stuff is mentioned/setup after you finish that chapter

Requiem173

Neo Member
Anyone down to play some soul sac around 10pm est? I'm a 99 divine that's been helping a friend with some pacts for the past few nights. Would love to have the extra company!

cj_iwakura

I'm at Humanity Fading 4. Story is fantastic, but the gameplay... yeah, it's kind of flawed. Gods Eater did this kind of game way better, but this has the stronger plot for sure.

I'd enjoy it a lot more if there was some kind of static equipment, probably. Some bosses(hi Cerberus) feel damn near impossible to evade, too. GE had that problem too, but ah well.

What is it with these games and not showing HP meters? It isn't exactly helpful.

I haven't even tried the online yet, is it helpful?

I'm at Humanity Fading 4. Story is fantastic, but the gameplay... yeah, it's kind of flawed. Gods Eater did this kind of game way better, but this has the stronger plot for sure.

I'd enjoy it a lot more if there was some kind of static equipment, probably. Some bosses(hi Cerberus) feel damn near impossible to evade, too. GE had that problem too, but ah well.

What is it with these games and not showing HP meters? It isn't exactly helpful.

I haven't even tried the online yet, is it helpful?

there are "utility" magic to help with certain things (extra mobility, offense up, defense up, monster bait, etc) plus Cerberus is easy to evade but that's not the point of trying to beat him (you have to take some of his attacks head-on eg just shield his rush attack)

there is a way to see HP progress but its just a change in color of the creature's "aura" and also in MP when you die you can see an actual bar. Also it how these hunting games are tbh (you have to look for other indicators in Monster Hunter).

it can help with completing quests providing you can find people to help and they know what they are doing.

ZenaxPure

Yeah just pop your magic vision thing (I forget the name of it to be honest) and the enemy will have a colored aura around him. I find that I don't care about a health meter as it works fine since it changes between 4 different colors.

My only real complaint with the combat after spending 40 hours with the game (though I haven't played it in a couple of weeks, need to get back to it) is that I wish there were more abilities. There aren't enough unique skills in the game for how many chapters/battles you can do. Even when you change it up for elemental purposes you are still mostly using the same attacks.

Still, otherwise I loved everything about the gameplay. As for an equipment system that is what the mods for your arm feel like to me. You get the customization out of that you would normally get from equipping pieces of gear in other games.

Vamphuntr

I'm not sure how far I am but the book is telling me I can challenge Magusar safely. I think the story chapters are very easy so far. I'm at the last chapters of Magusar's story. I"m having issues with the Avalon pacts and the last Avalon Allies chapters. The one where you have to beat the
Wraith
with Sympatha is so frustrating, I keep dying when its life is in the red and Sympatha does nothing.. I need better offerings but I don't feel like grinding. It's time consuming for little rewards.

In the Avalon chapters, the VI is proving very challenging. I kind of need the level 3 offerings for all of my spells but it takes a while to grind for them. My issues so far are the dumb partner AI and the lack of variety. You always battle the same monsters using the same spells.

maouvin

Is it viable to keep farming and upgrading my offerings early in the game (to get them from S to M asap), or do the M versions show up somewhat soon? I'm doing the Magusaur quests and messing around some Avalon ones.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Is it viable to keep farming and upgrading my offerings early in the game (to get them from S to M asap), or do the M versions show up somewhat soon? I'm doing the Magusaur quests and messing around some Avalon ones.
Some M and L items (elements) take longer to show up, so if you can get the farm down quick, yes.

Vlodril

Seem to have a problem with the online part of the game. Keep getting network error and it drops me out to the sp again. Is it a known issue or perhaps the holidays and the network is slow?

Any advice for the Harpy boss? Namely stopping the OM NOM NOM attack?

Just try to not get caught and I will list 3 methods based on where you are in the game

1. Early on

keep rolling away in the other direction until it stops (which might take a while) or until she eats something else like an AI partner or IIRC fodder enemies.

2. When a "Healing Bloom" offering drops or you fused one

just use it when she's doing the attack and because of the animation, you will stay in place and not get sucked (healing bloom leaves you in a grounded position and a healing area appears so other members of you team can stay in the area and get healed) providing the healing time didn't finish before her attack did.

3 Once a Elemental Bulb aka Bomb offering drops or you fused one

just drop in bulb in front of her so it will be the first thing sucked in when she does the move. Not only will the move finish since she is "eating" something it will also explode in her and thus stunning her with the bomb's specific element "hell" as a bonus

cj_iwakura

Just try to not get caught and I will list 3 methods based on where you are in the game

1. Early on

keep rolling away in the other direction until it stops (which might take a while) or until she eats something else like an AI partner or IIRC fodder enemies.

2. When a "Healing Bloom" offering drops or you fused one

just use it when she's doing the attack and because of the animation, you will stay in place and not get sucked (healing bloom leaves you in a grounded position and a healing area appears so other members of you team can stay in the area and get healed) providing the healing time didn't finish before her attack did.

3 Once a Elemental Bulb aka Bomb offering drops or you fused one

just drop in bulb in front of her so it will be the first thing sucked in when she does the move. Not only will the move finish since she is "eating" something it will also explode in her and thus stunning her with the bomb's specific element "hell" as a bonus

I like #3. Decided to work on the Avalon Werewolf quest in the meantime.

Ow.

Fun fight though. Reminds me of a real Demon's/Dark Souls boss fight.

I like #3. Decided to work on the Avalon Werewolf quest in the meantime.

Ow.

Fun fight though. Reminds me of a real Demon's/Dark Souls boss fight.

Sadly he's just a Cerberus clone so the same rules apply when fighting him (instead of lightning attacks its fire) but yea you can see the shades of Dark Souls when fighting them (crazy damage inflicted if not careful, usually relentless with attacks)

Vamphuntr

Only 1 Avalon quest left to do and I'm done but I'm stumped. I need to do again the awful
Illecebra X 2 battle in Pact IX
to unlock it and most people online are idiot. They use their black rite or sacrifice each other while there are still two of them and their life are still in the green-yellow.

Feel like throwing my vita through the nearest window.

cj_iwakura

Are all the Only Memories Remain quests going to be solo? Not looking forward to that.

I guess Online can't help with story missions. That's kind of crucial.

Vamphuntr

Well I finally got the Platinum trophy for the game. Ended with a Lv 99 Dark, the ultimate glass canon.

Overall I'd say it's a fun but really low budget game. There's only like 3 kind of enemies and like 10 unique bosses. The rest are simply reskins with similar attacks.

Just started playing this game but I absolutely love it, it's perfect for a portable game and I hope I can platinum it eventually (even if I do suck a bit right now)

cj_iwakura

Dancing around bosses like the Minotaur and Cyclops once you've mastered the way this game works is entirely too much fun. I feel like the game's slowly clicking for me.

Wraith is straight-up BS.

cj_iwakura

Have you play any of the smaller stories? Those actually surprised me.

Make sure to fight again and select the other option you didn't the first time

The Within Avalon ones? Yeah, just haven't finished Werewolf or the Savior(stupid Wraith).

I was worried about there being different endings, but I usually saved unless the partner screwed it up.

cj_iwakura

Finished the main story, took on Magusar at 18/21. Ow.

Can you recharge your gear during the fight? I didn't see any monsters to sacrifice.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
At the final battle.

The last revelation of the plot twist was sheer brilliance.
Thought the ending consequences were really neat too. Soul Sacrifice's story was one of my biggest surprised of the year. I expected nothing, like Monster Hunter.

RalchAC

Wow, so it's true that there is like three people posting in this OT! Oddly, I haven't find it on the first page.

Well, I'm RalchAC, my GAF ID = PSN ID, I live in GMT +1 (Spain) and I'm like 6/26 or something like that. Social pressure from some people on the old Vita thread I loved but has now became the PlayStation Network has drive me to come here to look for some partners and give a small but totally awesome late christmas present for you all:

This is like the most awesome wallpaper you'll ever find for the game:

PY3lx0k.png

And this is what you can do with this wallpaper:

That's all for now :)

RalchAC

Nicely done, but no Wraith? (Does it even have a weakness?)

I've googled quickly who the well Wraith is (I have the game in Spanish so I dunno) and the Wiki says it has no weakness. The same with the Wyvern which at my level is absolutely the most hateful think I've encountered in the game.

The picture is not mine, but still I think I've found some mistakes. I may be wrong, but I think Limes don't have any weakness, for example. Other than that, the thing works flawlessly.

The main con is that when you're online you can't press home and go to OS without leaving the party. So better have it in your phone or something :)

cyborg009

Banned
The Within Avalon ones? Yeah, just haven't finished Werewolf or the Savior(stupid Wraith).

I was worried about there being different endings, but I usually saved unless the partner screwed it up.

Finished the main story, took on Magusar at 18/21. Ow.

Can you recharge your gear during the fight? I didn't see any monsters to sacrifice.

Wow you did that at a extremely low level. And for wraith I just suggest you use your best gold throw weapons on her. you can even mix that with those dandylion spells.

Also did you see both ending of the game?

Edit: RalchAC your missing Iron Maiden on that list who is weak to fire.

cj_iwakura

Wow you did that at a extremely low level. And for wraith I just suggest you use your best gold throw weapons on her. you can even mix that with those dandylion spells.

Also did you see both ending of the game?

I haven't seen any endings yet, unless the one from dying to Magusar counts.

cj_iwakura

Oh ok then the endings for that will really satisfy you. You should also get the dragon slayer sigil from saving & sacrificing Illecebra, It helps reduce damage. And I will be free this weekend for a few matches after 11PM est.

Let me guess: one for Law one for Chaos?

RalchAC

Yeah, your right. Unicorn is also on that list.

Basilisk and Troll are also missing. Both weakness to heat.

Well, my photoshop skills are far from awesome, but I can try and put all those enemies that are missing.

Does someone know what is the font they're using?

Lyonaz

So I tried this game today and damn it's pretty good. I love the sombre, macabre tone of the game. Voice acting is pretty good, music is nice and I love reading the lore in the journal before every phantom quest.

I finished the first Sortiara chapter and unlocked Network play. Between this and P4G I see plenty of quality time with my VITA.

Top Bottom