• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

ryushe

Already put around 8 hours into the demo. Game's definitely a digital day one'r.

I really want that GameStop preorder bonus, though...

ryushe

I bought the Japanese game without doing the proper research and ended up a bit disappointed. Don't get me wrong--it's good at what it does and the action is fun--it's just that my expectations were not in line with what the game actually is. I wasn't expecting it to be such a boss rush game, but from what I've played, the vast majority of stages with bosses in them have you in the battle against the boss within the first couple of seconds. So, pretty much, the only thing to do in the game is fight bosses. It's fun, but I really like the pacing of games like Monster Hunter that give you a lot of "quiet time" in between the epic encounters.
That was my initial concern as well at first, and like MH, this game truly shines online with 3 other players. Solo is fine, but the online is what sold me. It's kind of like the Demon's/Dark Souls co-op experience I've always wanted.

Add me to the list!

PSN and GAF name - djblackice (NA)

Already maxed the demo out as far as advancement of character and am ready for the full version!

Any word in preorder bonuses at specific stores?

Nirran

So looking forward to this after putting a bunch of time into the demo. Could use some friends to hunt with. My PSN is Nirran - Nirran (US)

Mazre

Very excited, demo has been an absolute blast, looking forward to the full release.

Add to list please,
Mazre - Mazre_ (NA)

dezzy8

I'm having a blast with the demo. This is definitely a day one buy for me. Until then I shall farm Cerberus!!
Gaf: dezzy8 psn: dezzy8

RoKKeR

Holy shit at the thread title. lol

Great OT, might be the first Vita game I buy in a while. Maybe.

Doubtfully.

kiyomi

My bad, I misread your post. Archfiends is the official term for the bosses in the localized version though.

Great OT, Zero, but I think you were a little generous in saying thanks! I didn't do anything! :lol

Really looking forward to playing the full game. I need to crack on with the demo.

ZeroAKA

Updated OP with everyone who has posted so far. Sacrifice Tell me if I somehow missed you.

Great OT, Zero, but I think you were a little generous in saying thanks! I didn't do anything! :lol
I included everyone who PMed me and helped me even a little bit. :p

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Will this game be significantly worse/harder if I don't engage in any multiplayer?

Will this game be significantly worse/harder if I don't engage in any multiplayer?

It depends. There is a single player/story mode which is meant to be played solo with the AI, so you will do fine with that.

If you try to play the pact missions (quests designed for two or more players) solo with the AI companions, you will have some trouble with the harder missions.

What about character customization ? Is it more developped in the full game ?

Yes. There are many more costumes to unlock and more costume colors.

You can add me to that list, I guess. The game is pre-ordered, but I've amassed quite the backlog suddenly so I don't know if I'll be playing it at release.

Acquiescence - Acquiescence (UK)

Edit - Really great OP by the way.

wilflare

great job on the OT man! :D
add me to the list wilflare - wilfareus [NA]
// i am actually from Singapore but have a NA account.. it works out

hope it gets some critical acclaim!

PS: paging for Toto, you are missed. Use lacrima and have yourself revived

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
is this the only game that lets you carry saved progress from demo over into full purchase?

either way that is a great feature. really makes you want to grind out everything in the demo.

might be the most played demo due to it...

Top Bottom