• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice |OT| Sacrifice your wallet to save the Vita

satori

Question regarding preorder bonus and digital copies. I want this game on my memory card. Is there a way to get those bonus via a digital copy? I'm at work so can't do any research.

Thanks in advance.

Holmes

PSN: PapasitoPenguin. Add me!

Just beat Sortiara. Ugh! Gleefully sacrificed her. I wish I hadn't boosted so many offerings, now I have less to fuse. Oh well. How much more of the demo is left?

Shoyz

wait JP voice actor pack is later buy DLC?

Yes.

Question regarding preorder bonus and digital copies. I want this game on my memory card. Is there a way to get those bonus via a digital copy? I'm at work so can't do any research.

Thanks in advance.

As has been said, it's likely going to be a time-limited thing upon release. But who knows.

Just beat Sortiara. Ugh! Gleefully sacrificed her. I wish I hadn't boosted so many offerings, now I have less to fuse. Oh well. How much more of the demo is left?

Harder versions of those bosses, and the Cerberus, with online MP. Lots of rare spells to find, lots of martyr spells to find, lots of sigils to unlock. Probably like 20 hours of demo to unlock everything, let alone hoard.

ZeroAKA

I'm debating on whether to upgrade my Treefiend Entrails to Treefiend Blood. I know that the Blood is able to turn and do ranged attacks, but does it do more total damage than the Entrails?

You can play those chapters over to grind lower level offerings.

As for progress in the demo its just 4 "multiplayer" missions where you use the AIs you possibly saved in a fight. The first 3 are the creatures you fought in the chapter then you get a new fourth creature as the final mission. Plus unlocking sigils due to the essence items you grind from saving/sacrifice.

You can go online to play these missions as well.

cyborg009

Banned
hehe this guy was pissed when I sacrificed him.

cu60TjX.jpg
EiikgDv.jpg

I'm debating on whether to upgrade my Treefiend Entrails to Treefiend Blood. I know that the Blood is able to turn and do ranged attacks, but does it do more total damage than the Entrails?

Do both. ;)
I've been boosting my Entrails over the Blood, personally. Getting to Blood is too costly in terms of items. Plus I think the splash damage to teammates is less aggravating.

matmanx1

Add me to the Sacrifice list!

PSN: matmanx1 just like my Gaf ID.

I've absolutely had a blast with this demo and I'm about to go play it some more. I want to 3 star my Stone Axe (Sortiara I'm coming for you!) and maybe play with the Cerberus some more because it's a fun fight.

I am very much looking forward to playing the full game and seeing as many of you as possible online.

I lol so hard when people get sacrificed early in a boss fight. Griefers are going to have a field day with this.

Usually, most people aren't assholes, in my experience... but I'll stick around for a second fight and put them on the revenge list -- and unless I go down first and they revive me? The second they go down, they're done.

hehe this guy was pissed when I sacrificed him.

Game seems to like you better than it likes me.
It gives me spells like Imp's Pitchfork or the Ice Sword as my martyr bonus for Cerberus. :\

Still need the damn Cerberus SE+ too. :(

Add me to the Sacrifice list!

PSN: matmanx1 just like my Gaf ID.

I've absolutely had a blast with this demo and I'm about to go play it some more. I want to 3 star my Stone Axe (Sortiara I'm coming for you!) and maybe play with the Cerberus some more because it's a fun fight.

I am very much looking forward to playing the full game and seeing as many of you as possible online.

Wait, what?
How do you get Stone Axe from Sortiara?

george_us

I lol so hard when people get sacrificed early in a boss fight. Griefers are going to have a field day with this.
Sacrificing isn't even that big of a deal though since you get martyr rewards. I can honestly say I don't mind getting sacrificed unless players do something stupid like sacrifice early in the fight. Even then they're fucking themselves just as much as me.

ZeroAKA

Do both. ;)
I've been boosting my Entrails over the Blood, personally. Getting to Blood is too costly in terms of items. Plus I think the splash damage to teammates is less aggravating.
I have 2 Entrails right now and enough materials to upgrade Entrails to Blood. Should I just stick with Entrails and level that up for now?

I have 2 Entrails right now and enough materials to upgrade Entrails to Blood. Should I just stick with Entrails and level that up for now?

I originally felt like Pokemon and I had to collect them all, so I made one of each. I don't really use either... but I think Entrails is better. For the cost of what it is to make a Blood, I really don't think it's worth it, especially in the demo... there's no boss that's weak to Poison specifically and I swear in the last match when I got hit by Blood's attack, I took damage. Could've been something else, but I don't think Cerberus was in the area at the time.

The other catch is this: in order to know if it fits your playstyle, you're going to have to craft one and try it. I thought I really wanted golems until I made one.

All upgrading the Entrails will do for you now is get you additional casts... so hard to say. :\

Shoyz

Right at the start of the fight is the perfect time to get Cerberus stuck in his walk animation and unleash a full set of golem hits on him. Finally got my first offline kill.

ZeroAKA

I originally felt like Pokemon and I had to collect them all, so I made one of each. I don't really use either... but I think Entrails is better. For the cost of what it is to make a Blood, I really don't think it's worth it, especially in the demo... there's no boss that's weak to Poison specifically and I swear in the last match when I got hit by Blood's attack, I took damage. Could've been something else, but I don't think Cerberus was in the area at the time.

The other catch is this: in order to know if it fits your playstyle, you're going to have to craft one and try it. I thought I really wanted golems until I made one.

All upgrading the Entrails will do for you now is get you additional casts... so hard to say. :\
I'll give it a try and just not save the game if it doesn't work for me. Those golems do some massive damage to Cerberus.

You might have been damaged by the poison from those Orcs.

I'll give it a try and just not save the game if it doesn't work for me. Those golems do some massive damage to Cerberus.

You might have been damaged by the poison from those Orcs.

That's a good idea, actually... craft it and try it, just don't save if you don't think it's worth it.

Is there a way to fuse fire with some sort of projectile? I really want a fire projectile to deal with Harpy...

And It wasn't Orc poison, it took about 60-70% of my lifebar (it was full).

Granted, I'm a 1/19 L/D balance, but I've never seen an Orc hit me that hard.
I was running away from Cerberus (he was down by the start) and headed to a pile of corpses by where he spawns to try to get offerings restored. I cut left and went by the (used) gravestone there that also does it thinking the tree giant was an Entrails and not a Blood. It spewed a ton of poison breath as I ran through and boom, 70% of my life, gone. So either Cerberus showed up behind me and did something or that poison did damage to me. :\

RoeBear

RoeBear- Roe-Bear(NA)

Hopefully I get this pretty quick. I ordered from Newegg to save $10, even though I probably won't get the preorder dlc.

Holmes

Oops, forgot to mention that I'm in NA when I gave my PSN. Gonna grind some and get better at the game before attempting the trials.

Shoyz

I need to play the demo more to understand the game. Is there a site for dummies and explains the basics to advanced gameplay mechanics?
Here's one of mine:
Chapter 6.
Sortiara
Method:
25 Damage sword, any of them. Ice/Fire. Run into melee range, and do the 4-hit spam combo. The last hit of the combo will knock her over. After which, walk a few steps backwards, then turn around and hit her again. This tricks her AI into not teleporting away. Doing so can keep her stunlocked for the rest of the fight, depending on your accuracy.
I find it a -lot- easier to land the fourth blow if you walk just far enough to still hit her.
Secondly, LE Grinding:
To get LEs from her (since, as far as I'm aware, she's the fastest boss to kill), you technically need to kill her twice. One trick I've discovered is that you can easily (near)instakill her using a pre-summoned golem. Just summon it in front of her corpse, and right after it slams for the first time run over and start to Save her. Dodge the second hit, run back and continue. You should be able to Save her -just- before his third hit lands. If it works you'll get knocked back and she'll take one of the two hits it takes. Go behind your golem, wait a second or two for her to use any attack, to which the golem will respond one of his own, and she'll be killed by it. Sacrifice.

For an idea of how quick this can be for SEs: 52sec run.
LEs take a second kill, my times for it are around 1:30.

Is there a way to fuse fire with some sort of projectile? I really want a fire projectile to deal with Harpy...
Don't think so, but you can spawn a Tree to lure her down.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
No Vita game on the US PSN Store has ever gotten a digital pre-order option.

It's not a problem at all. I was just amused since I linked to that guide twice in the OP. :p

Not enough!

It's not a problem at all. I was just amused since I linked to that guide twice in the OP. :p

Has EU had it before? I don't think they have. Soul Sacrifice might very well be the first.

Here's one of mine:
Chapter 6.
Sortiara
Method:
25 Damage sword, any of them. Ice/Fire. Run into melee range, and do the 4-hit spam combo. The last hit of the combo will knock her over. After which, walk a few steps backwards, then turn around and hit her again. This tricks her AI into not teleporting away. Doing so can keep her stunlocked for the rest of the fight, depending on your accuracy.
I find it a -lot- easier to land the fourth blow if you walk just far enough to still hit her.
Secondly, LE Grinding:
To get LEs from her (since, as far as I'm aware, she's the fastest boss to kill), you technically need to kill her twice. One trick I've discovered is that you can easily (near)instakill her using a pre-summoned golem. Just summon it in front of her corpse, and right after it slams for the first time run over and start to Save her. Dodge the second hit, run back and continue. You should be able to Save her -just- before his third hit lands. If it works you'll get knocked back and she'll take one of the two hits it takes. Go behind your golem, wait a second or two for her to use any attack, to which the golem will respond one of his own, and she'll be killed by it. Sacrifice.

For an idea of how quick this can be for SEs: 52sec run.
LEs take a second kill, my times for it are around 1:30.

Don't think so, but you can spawn a Tree to lure her down.
This is good advice... I'm grinding there now for the Stone Axe Edges and you can do bad things with the Soldier ball spell.

Got any advice to get my missing Cerberus SE+?
And why would you want those SEs/LEs -- what are they useful for exactly?

vg260

PS AllStars-Battle Royale got the pre-order costumes.

Does anyone know if those pre-order spells are any loss if missed? Are they weak versions you won't be using anyway like a lot of pre-order bonuses?

x3r0123

and so the world might be mended...
wait wrong game

i already dumped 10+ hours on the demo so add me to the list!
x3r0123 - dagonzero (NA)

This is good advice... I'm grinding there now for the Stone Axe Edges and you can do bad things with the Soldier ball spell.

arm sigil slots

Shoyz

Seems random, but the first Cerberus I killed offline got me the SE+. Maybe offline solo gives better odds. For offline cerberus, go solo, and right when he spawns drop a golem in front of him. He'll walk into it and take every hit. You can do this multiple times, plus your skin for a near-kill. Then just ice him, lightning if freeze.

and so the world might be mended...
wait wrong game

i already dumped 10+ hours on the demo so add me to the list!
x3r0123 - dagonzero (NA)

arm sigil slots

You just mean to get certain sigils? or you can get more than the 5 slots you start with?

Seems random, but the first Cerberus I killed offline got me the SE+. Maybe offline solo gives better odds. For offline cerberus, go solo, and right when he spawns drop a golem in front of him. He'll walk into it and take every hit. You can do this multiple times, plus your skin for a near-kill. Then just ice him, lightning if freeze.

Which Golem?
And offline with AI or solo?

ZeroAKA

PS AllStars-Battle Royale got the pre-order costumes.

Does anyone know if those pre-order spells are any loss if missed? Are they weak versions you won't be using anyway like a lot of pre-order bonuses?
Yes, but the Vita game itself did not have a digital pre-order option. All digital copies of Sony's first-party games have gotten free pre-order bonuses at launch so far, if that's what you mean.

Edit: The blog says that the pre-order bonuses are exclusive and won't be sold anywhere else.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Don't know if its helpful, but I've bought the Japanese digital version and got all the pre-order bonuses despite not actually preordering the game. It was on the release day though.

Shoyz

Which Golem?
And offline with AI or solo?

Offline, solo. AIs get in the way, and increase Cerberus's HP. The second golem, 300 melee damage. One star for two uses.

Huh -- I didn't play that particular mission more than twice before tonight and I have all sigils unlocked except the one that requires the Cerberus SE+.

You obtain information on sigils, you don't know about a lot of them I imagine. I made a list in the demo topic of all the ones I have access to but I'm still missing some I imagine:

Upper Arm:
Gelid Sigil I
Fellroot Sigil I
Countershock Sigil I
Vendetta Sigil I
Heartbreak Sigil I

Forearm:
Effulgent Sigil I
Brawler Sigil I
Hunting Sigil I
Exterminator Sigil I
Barrier Sigil I
Healer Sigil I
Dark Blood Sigil I
Divine Blood Sigil I

Palm:
Vigor Sigil I
Slayer Sigil I
Sentinel Sigil I
Consequence Sigil I
Annihialator Sigil I
Sacrificial Sigil I
Glorious Sigil I

Offline, solo. AIs get in the way, and increase Cerberus's HP. The second golem, 300 melee damage. One star for two uses.

You obtain information on sigils, you don't know about a lot of them I imagine. I made a list in the demo topic of all the ones I have access to but I'm still missing some I imagine:

Upper Arm:
Have all

Forearm:
Dark Blood Sigil I -- Missing Cerberus SE+
Divine Blood Sigil I -- don't have the "info" on it... must be because my Life exp hasn't ever been over 8.

Palm:
Have all

How do you get him to walk into it -- he just charged around it for me. :(

FluxWaveZ

It depends. There is a single player/story mode which is meant to be played solo with the AI, so you will do fine with that.

Do you know how long it's going to be? I'm really interested in the setting and story so far from the demo, but I'm not going to be partaking in any of the multiplayer.

Shoyz

Probably something to do with the placement and where you stand behind it, seems kind of luck-based a lot of the time. If he charges, pull out your shield. You should be able to bonk him down right next to the golem. Then you can get all the golem hits, and freeze him at the same time.

Also blood magic to get yourself down to Sacrifice-level HP, which does a respectable amount of damage.

The same trick can be used on Jack-O-Lantern (Singleplayer version). Summon him, place a golem on the left side of the entrance nearby, and stand on it's left side. He'll sit there and take every hit. You can then hit him with blood magic through your golem. Less than a minute for the win.

Top Bottom