• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOULCALIBUR Lost Swords |OT| Namco mission statement

So I just put in another 10 tries in a row with the help of a well timed rank up that refreshed my AP. Still nothing. 40+ tries total now. If people in this thread hadn't already unlocked her, I would believe it wasn't possible at this point. And I know that if I try for Ivy, it's going to give me her on the first try because I don't care about having Ivy. I'm not even going to tempt fate on that one, lol.

Thankfully there is another week left to try and get her... This is just like PAD... lol

By the way, I added ya. I deleted a couple of people who didn't look like they were playing anymore to make more room. Maybe we should make a Google doc to keep track of players from GAF. I can't tell who is from where in my ally list.

I'm about to Delete this game.

i'm actually reminded of why i didn't continue when i was trying the japanese version

but worse is ...."ERROR 2005"

God dammit

So what was i saying again ?? oh yeah i was saying that the worse is ... "ERROR 2050 "

Fix this sh " ERROR 2120 " - it namco !

i'm pissed off

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Thankfully there is another week left to try and get her... This is just like PAD... lol

By the way, I added ya. I deleted a couple of people who didn't look like they were playing anymore to make more room. Maybe we should make a Google doc to keep track of players from GAF. I can't tell who is from where in my ally list.

I'll change my Lost Swords name to Creaking, just so it's easier to know who I am. I figure I'll keep trying this for a bit.

Don't even bother trying to play this. They're better ways to support Project Soul, SCV and SCII HD.

Don't even bother trying to tell people not to. A lot of people already have the recent Soul Calibur games and want something new. Sad though it may be, this is the newest thing we've got.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You guys weren't kidding about the load times and the connection time. This is TERRIBLE. How the hell did this get greenlighted to release?

PureYeti

I got Taki on a few tries and now I'm working for Ivy next. Sadly I get errors after beating them and thought I lost of my chance of saving the items or unlocking them. Luckily it didn't and I was able to get Taki.

My number is 5432052636. I added people from the last page

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
No, it just disconnects often.

Juggle Revo is better F2P than this and that still has the bullshit always-online and coin-payment to play.

DansGame.png

Darak

It's now completely broken for me. After doing any of the prologue missions, I always get a 2005 error and back to the main menu. I finished two dozen quests of the normal story, but due to another bug they wont show if you don't play again one of the prologue missions, and any trip to the main menu resets the entire story, including any connection error.

How the hell did this get released? Didn't Sony have a certification process?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Tekken Revo got rid of bound, tho.

That don't matter to anyone but those die-hards that played JTT and J6.

The rest of the world/F2P people they were hoping to pull in don't care. However the pay-to-play bullshit is probably the major turn-off for that venture.

Sora_N

I haven't played SC since SC2 (LInk ftw) but this game seems ok. The loading is annoying as hell so far though.

They should let Project Soul push the next game out onto arcades first, so after getting the gameplay, characters, and stages (at least some of them) down, the game can make money like Tekken does while they work on home features, like creation or some story mode or bonus modes.

No, absolutely not. I don't want to have to wait two years for the balanced home version to come out on home consoles. Also, arcades are dead around me or have rip-off racing games and light gun games primarily.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So Soulcalibur V is going to be $5 on PSN starting tomorrow for a week.

Excellent timing. Now everyone can stop playing this piece of shit and get a real Soulcalibur.

Creaking

Almost want to buy the $5 version just out of convenience. Digging the game out of my collector's edition case is a big of a drag.

No, absolutely not. I don't want to have to wait two years for the balanced home version to come out on home consoles. Also, arcades are dead around me or have rip-off racing games and light gun games primarily.

I don't think it'd take anywhere close to two years. I just think it'd be beneficial for Project Soul to be able to focus on different parts of the game at distinct time points. The core to get it out on arcades so in places where the arcade scene is still at least somewhat active (and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 says those do exist) it can get moolah and player feedback. From there they can focus on single player stuff, more stages, and some balance tweaks, without being rushed to put it all out there at once.

I'd rather wait a while for a came juicy with content than wait a lengthy time anyways for another SoulCalibur V.

Wow this is a piece of shit. I feel like they just scrapped up some throwaway material from Soul Calibur V and called it a day. Half of my time with this game was spent watching an hourglass.

Nimby

Banned
Don't even bother trying to tell people not to. A lot of people already have the recent Soul Calibur games and want something new. Sad though it may be, this is the newest thing we've got.

*For those who haven't already.

I'm half tempted to by SCV again because of the sale, I don't think I gave that game that a fair chance really.

Darak

After a long maintenance looks like they fixed the connectivity errors (2005, 2020, etc) and also the quest pages do not lose track of your progress.

The game is still what it is, but at least it is now playable.

Creaking

A+K is too difficult.

Not with the right mapping. I play with a regular controller, and have K assigned to both R1 and Circle. I use circle for the regular kick attacks, but to do B+K (and A+K before SCV came around) I would use R1 in conjunction with one of the face buttons, so I'm not breaking my thumb. R1/L1 are usually assigned to grabs by default, and since the standard mapping of A+G is easy enough to pull off, I just change that one.

Had it like that since Soul Calibur III...

Not with the right mapping. I play with a regular controller, and have K assigned to both R1 and Circle. I use circle for the regular kick attacks, but to do B+K (and A+K before SCV came around) I would use R1 in conjunction with one of the face buttons, so I'm not breaking my thumb. R1/L1 are usually assigned to grabs by default, and since the standard mapping of A+G is easy enough to pull off, I just change that one.

I think it is better they took out those moves. Easier to play on a dual shock with just my thumb :) Though I still had to put another B on L1 or R1 for B throws.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

Yeah, but project soul killed almost all A+K moves in SCV. Lost Swords just continues that trend.

Darak

For anyone still interested in playing this *****, be aware of the connection errors. They still exist, and they may block you from advancing in the game after at a certain point.

The thing is, there is a particular error (error code 2005) that acts as a timeout: it always happens exactly one minute after a data transfer begins (and a hourglass appears in the center of screen). Some of those data transfers depend on the number of stages of a quest, and your Internet connection may not be good enough to transfer all the data in a minute. For example, I am always unable to enter the 'training' quest (AP 0, with 10 stages), regardless of the server's state (time of day, after maintenance, etc.) I always get a 2005. And it doesn't look like a busy server, because I can see full network traffic lights during said mnute.

Unfortunately, there are late stages of similar length and I'm also unable to enter those, so I've hit a progress wall. I'd suggest to anybody interested in the game to check first if they can play the training quest without getting a 2005 error all the time, just to be safe.

Windforce

Anyone still playing this? My game loads as I post this. lmao. Unfortunately the loading times are indeed too distracting, but the game is actually fun.

Also, small regret choosing Siegfried, now I will have a hell of a time to get Sophitia.

Kikujiro

Thanks, but I already have SCV, I actually like this game's idea, but I stayed away after reading about all the issues it had at launch.

AmyS

Alright so the last month or so I've been trying to acquire some (not all) of the games in the SC series.

-I've owned the Japanese import PS1 Soul Edge forever, got it the day a local import shop (The Game Club) in the Chicago suburb of Arlington Heights had it in May '96. I don't think I ever did buy the domestic NA Soul Blade though.

-"downloaded" System 11 arcade versions of Soul Edge for MAME. 30 FPS just like PS1 Soul Edge/Soul Blade, but arcade character models and background elements perhaps have slightly larger polys, plus higher-res hit sparks/effects ala Tekken and Tekken 2.

-Bought Soul Calibur for Dreamcast in very early 2000 (not on 9/9/99 tho). However I no longer have a Dreamcast or any games. Sad to say that but it's true.

-Bought all 3 versions of SCII in 2002. GameCube version for Link of course. PS2 version since it had Heihachi Mishima from Tekken and was probably the first and most accurate port of the PS2-based System 246 arcade game. Xbox version since it could run in HD 720p even though it was in a window, not fullscreen. I'd sure love to play the GCN version emulated on Dolphin @ 1080p!

-completely skipped SC III on PS2

-Recently d/l the free version of SC Lost Swords for PS3

-Bought a pre-owned copy of Soul Cal V for PS3 (love it!)

-Bought SoulCal II HD Online for PS3 the other day (love it!)

recently -"downloaded" System 12 arcade versions of Soul Calibur for MAME. 60 FPS this time, but obviously lacks the greatly upgraded graphics, features and polish of the famous Dreamcast game. But now it runs well in MAME, I remember some years ago it did not.

-Will pick up a pre-owned copy of SC IV for PS3 tomorrow that GS has for cheap.

-Never played Soulcalibur Legends for Wii or Soulcalibur Broken Destiny for PSP.

What I really want the HD console version of the first Soul Calibur (based on the European Dreamcast ver and lacks online play) but I don't see it on the PSN digital store. Tried looking for it directly via PS3, and also on the PSN website on my laptop..

Was that ^ SC release exclusive to XBLA / 360 ?

** Think I remember some rumors that Namco would bring the Dreamcast SC over to the NAOMI board for arcades. Also another rumor that SCII was in development for NAOMI (before Namco switched it to PS2-based System 246) but neither of those things ever came to light.

Alright so the last month or so I've been trying to acquire some (not all) of the games in the SC series.

-I've owned the Japanese import PS1 Soul Edge forever, got it the day a local import shop (The Game Club) in the Chicago suburb of Arlington Heights had it in May '96. I don't think I ever did buy the domestic NA Soul Blade though.

-"downloaded" System 11 arcade versions of Soul Edge for MAME. 30 FPS just like PS1 Soul Edge/Soul Blade, but arcade character models and background elements perhaps have slightly larger polys, plus higher-res hit sparks/effects ala Tekken and Tekken 2.

-Bought Soul Calibur for Dreamcast in very early 2000 (not on 9/9/99 tho). However I no longer have a Dreamcast or any games. Sad to say that but it's true.

-Bought all 3 versions of SCII in 2002. GameCube version for Link of course. PS2 version since it had Heihachi Mishima from Tekken and was probably the first and most accurate port of the PS2-based System 246 arcade game. Xbox version since it could run in HD 720p even though it was in a window, not fullscreen. I'd sure love to play the GCN version emulated on Dolphin @ 1080p!

-completely skipped SC III on PS2

-Recently d/l the free version of SC Lost Swords for PS3

-Bought a pre-owned copy of Soul Cal V for PS3 (love it!)

-Bought SoulCal II HD Online for PS3 the other day (love it!)

recently -"downloaded" System 12 arcade versions of Soul Calibur for MAME. 60 FPS this time, but obviously lacks the greatly upgraded graphics, features and polish of the famous Dreamcast game. But now it runs well in MAME, I remember some years ago it did not.

-Will pick up a pre-owned copy of SC IV for PS3 tomorrow that GS has for cheap.

-Never played Soulcalibur Legends for Wii or Soulcalibur Broken Destiny for PSP.

What I really want the HD console version of the first Soul Calibur (based on the European Dreamcast ver and lacks online play) but I don't see it on the PSN digital store. Tried looking for it directly via PS3, and also on the PSN website on my laptop..

Was that ^ SC release exclusive to XBLA / 360 ?

** Think I remember some rumors that Namco would bring the Dreamcast SC over to the NAOMI board for arcades. Also another rumor that SCII was in development for NAOMI (before Namco switched it to PS2-based System 246) but neither of those things ever came to light.

I can confirm the HD SC was only a 360 release since I bought it myself and didnt get it on PS3 due to its exclusive release.

also, don't forget to pick up the iOS games.

Top Bottom