• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOULCALIBUR Lost Swords |OT| Namco mission statement

M5B1tqU.gif

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Why does Namco/Bandai suck so bad at F2P?

They're so eager to get the cash that they forget that the game has to actually be good for us to want to spend money.

Also, for some reason they like to toss out perfectly fine mechanics and hire someone to design the game as though they're writing a poor fanfiction to a good novel. "

Soul Calibur would be awesome if the characters leveled up and had easier combos and like... elemental attacks. Single player only, otherwise it ruins the immersion!"

Well, apparently, all regions of the game use the same server. So I went ahead and downloaded the EU version. The game is basically Puzzle & Dragons with a SoulCalibur skin. My player code is 5432015122 if anyone wants to add me. I'm trying to get some clothes on Sophitia at the moment. LOL

GIF responses are the best thing about making a video.

Honestly if you really are on the fence about downloading this, it cannot hurt. But I think this is a very low quality game that isn't really worth your time when you can pick SCV up for cheap.

I will say one thing, I like there not being ring-outs.

The question is why is this game so bad when Tekken Revolution is actually pretty okay.

They sure are pushing F2P!

Ridge Racer F2P
Tekken F2P
Soul Calibur F2P
Gundam F2P

There's more but I don't remember/don't care

The Gundam F2P game has been extremely successful for them. So, that's likely what pushed them to start making so many other F2P games.

Auskeek

Wahoo, I think it might be working now. I'm into the character select screen now.

Interesting how the first thing you see is Sophitia in her underwear...

Edit: I just played the tutorial... what the hell. R1 to special, R2 to call in partner. What is this mess?

Edit 2: well that was short lived. Error 2005 now.

Shinta

Banned
Square, Square, Back + Square, Square
Mitsurugi

Was this in SCV? Wicked combo.

I'm kind of loving this game already, and I'm just in the tutorial. I could see myself playing this a LOT. SC + RPG? Fuck yes.

Sophitia is pretty badass. I love Back, Back + Kick.

Astarte

Square, Square, Back + Square, Square
Mitsurugi

Was this in SCV? Wicked combo.

I'm kind of loving this game already, and I'm just in the tutorial. I could see myself playing this a LOT. SC + RPG? Fuck yes.

Sophitia is pretty badass. I love Back, Back + Kick.

Well, a lot of the combat has been simplified to the point where mashing a button can get you certain combos. I find this game to be pretty enjoyable, really. It's akin to Puzzles and Dragons; not going to spend any money on it but it's a guilty pleasure.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Unbelievable horse manure. The "path" the series have come from SE/SC1/SC2 to this.. *shakes head*

GrayFoxPL

I thought my new sword will be more powerful after leveling up so I fused old one with it and leveled up.

It ended up weaker.
Facepalm.

Overall the game isn't bad, but the load times are inexplainable, just so fucking slow you start thinking: "I better play something else."

Astarte

I thought my new sword will be more powerful after leveling up so I fused old one with it and leveled up.

It ended up weaker.
Facepalm.

Overall the game isn't bad, but the load times are inexplainable, just so fucking slow you start thinking: "I better play something else."

It's just obsessively communicating with Namco's servers. It's a pretty annoying hangup.

Erigu

I wouldn't mind it as one of those one-player modes from the main console games, but yeah, the load times kill it.

Creaking

I can't play past the tutorial because of load times and disconnects. At least Tekken Revolution was competent about performance.

Degen

lol... I finally got past the title screen this time, and the game is still unplayable because of all the loading and errors

SC gets the short end of the stick once again, lol

It shouldn't even be on the PSN store right now. Embarrassing

Creaking

Can't even touch quests anymore. It struggles to load for about a minute and a half (a minute), then tells me it's 2005 and boots me back to the main menu.

So i've started this one again ( i had played the japanese version before ) ...and then i realise that i've kept everything ( lv , items ) ...
The game also updated my trophies from japanese to english...
That was a pleasant surprise...

And then i wanted to do a quest ....

"Unable to communicate , returning to title screen"

WTF

Why are the loadings so much worse than the japanese version ?

When i tried the thing in japanese it was a decent game , now it's just broken...

Coxy

it's not loading, it's communicating with the servers and god knows where or how shitty the servers they threw up for this are

Erigu

it's not loading, it's communicating with the servers and god knows where or how shitty the servers they threw up for this are
Well, downloading/uploading, then. ^^
The game being installed on the HD, I thought that went without saying, but yeah.

Top Bottom