• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOULCALIBUR Lost Swords |OT| Namco mission statement

it's not loading, it's communicating with the servers and god knows where or how shitty the servers they threw up for this are

i know that since i've played the other version it's just way worse than anything i'd seen in the japanese version of the game.... Seems like they kep the same japan servers and didn't bother to upgrade them ( in traffic capacity ) Tekken Rev certainly don't have this problem and it has way more online features that SLS has.

Skilletor

i know that since i've played the other version it's just way worse than anything i'd seen in the japanese version of the game.... Seems like they kep the same japan servers and didn't bother to upgrade them ( in traffic capacity ) Tekken Rev certainly don't have this problem and it has way more online features that SLS has.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Erigu

I already had horribly long load times with the Japanese version, myself (I didn't try the Western one).
And yeah, I never had that problem with Tekken Revolution.

I played the game for a little while and I had fun. Now it constantly disconnects over and over. Also, the loading time is atrocious. Error 2005 keeps coming up. Oh well, I'll try it later. Thankfully, I have SC5.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I keep getting error code 2004 now instead of 2005. Never seen that one before.

2005 must be in reference to SoulCalibur III and it's bugs. That means 2004 would be the bugs SoulCalibur III had while still in development. Yeesh!

Got Taki! Now to get Ivy!
Damn you! This just proves that it's actually possible to get her! This game fucking knows that I want Taki and is purposely not giving it to me because reasons! I've been breaking her damn soul guard for 2 days now and I just can't get that unlock key. Stupid game.

Oh and the load times are absolutely outrageous. OUTRAGEOUS. At least I can do quests now, but damn. This shit is bad.

EDIT: So I was reading about the ally thing and we can enter player codes to get allies. If you choose a friend from your list and win the battle, you both get 10 FP (I think). FP can be used to buy a chest from the shop for some gear if you have enough. So I'm going to throw mine out there. Add me if you like: 5432007955.

Damn you! This just proves that it's actually possible to get her! This game fucking knows that I want Taki and is purposely not giving it to me because reasons! I've been breaking her damn soul guard for 2 days now and I just can't get that unlock key. Stupid game.

Oh and the load times are absolutely outrageous. OUTRAGEOUS. At least I can do quests now, but damn. This shit is bad.

EDIT: So I was reading about the ally thing and we can enter player codes to get allies. If you choose a friend from your list and win the battle, you both get 10 FP (I think). FP can be used to buy a chest from the shop for some gear if you have enough. So I'm going to throw mine out there. Add me if you like: 5432007955.

Tried this out today and admittedly am having a lot of fun(when is actually loads). I'll add you.

Here's mine: 5432061016 (haven't played much yet. but anyone else is free to add me too)

Creaking

It feels like the load times are getting worse with each passing day. Managed to load quests for the first time in two days without booting back to the start screen, but then I got booted when trying to return to the main menu. 2002 this time.

For when the game actually works, my player code is 5432021817. I'll try to add you guys. Depending on what ID it sends, the requests will either be from Ryuhza or ChadWarden

EDIT:

Woo, I got one quest done after trying for somewhere in the neighborhood of 45 minutes. Glad I've got lots of things to do while the game friggin loads and crashes and loads some more.

It feels like the load times are getting worse with each passing day. Managed to load quests for the first time in two days without booting back to the start screen, but then I got booted when trying to return to the main menu. 2002 this time.

For when the game actually works, my player code is 5432021817. I'll try to add you guys. Depending on what ID it sends, the requests will either be from Ryuhza or ChadWarden

EDIT:

Woo, I got one quest done after trying for somewhere in the neighborhood of 45 minutes. Glad I've got lots of things to do while the game friggin loads and crashes and loads some more.

Yeah, same. No point in just sitting here and staring at loading screens.

The game

*loading*

is not that bad

*loading*

and I don't feel is that easy as that video is implying

*loading*

after a few missions it gets a bit challenging and considering you basically have to go trhough multiple fights with one bar life

*loading*

is a shame is missing training mode

*loading*

althought the game has some other problems like.... *error 2005: return to thread*

Creaking

The game

*loading*

is not that bad

*loading*

and I don't feel is that easy as that video is implying

*loading*

after a few missions it gets a bit challenging and considering you basically have to go trhough multiple fights with one bar life

*loading*

is a shame is missing training mode

*loading*

althought the game has some other problems like.... *error 2005: return to thread*

They have a sort of "training mode". Check the very bottom of the Events quests.

Well, that was 10 rounds in a row against Taki (leveled and got my AP back) and still no unlock key. That puts me over 20 attempts so far. Am I not meant to have my all time favorite Soul Calibur character? Hmph.

I accepted the invites I received. My name in the game should be Vision.

Creaking

Load times are still bad, but I've been pretty good about staying connected these last few hours. Without either of those inhibitions, this could be a fairly successful f2p venture.

jbttwin

Really not a fan of all the gimmicks they've been throwing into the SC series since the third installment. This is good fun for a F2P game, but I hope they decide to go in another direction with the next "cannon" installment.

Creaking

Really not a fan of all the gimmicks they've been throwing into the SC series since the third installment. This is good fun for a F2P game, but I hope they decide to go in another direction with the next "cannon" installment.

I'm sure they will, just as I'm sure Tekken 7 won't have critical/invulnerable attacks and stat boosting.

Personally, I hope they leave out the super bar too. Really didn't care to have that in Soul Calibur.

Oh, wow, I'm actually able to play now.

Yesterday nightt i was able to play properly ..i 'd forgotten just how stupid this game is with the limited move set , the horrible waiting time betwene matches , the fact that you can use Ap , win the match but get disconnected after and thus lose the xp, gold and item you might have won and ....ERROR , returning to main menu.

Funny , but i still have some quests in japanese text

Malio

I deleted it two days ago and I'm a much happier person. :)

I wear the Soul Calibur - Lost Swords 0% trophy as a badge of honor.

This is the worst piece of shit I've ever played. If this is the future of games (Hurry hurry hurry, time is running out on your ticket! Please buy more!) I won't follow. Deleting this so hard (even though I've earned one trophy...)

Darak

I found it pretty fun when it works. The hard quests are brutal for me (I suck at fighting games, though, I only play them casually). I unlocked both Ivy and Taki after a few tries at normal mode, the drop rate seems high enough.

Their premium chest, if anyone is interested, feels like cheat mode. The weapons there do 500+ damage and you pretty much kill all normal foes with a single hit (the best free weapons I found do about 100-150). The content you get is random, so you may get items you can't use if you're unlucky.

Here is my number:

I guess the SoulCalibur/Tekken team are busy working on Smash Bros. Server errors aside, this game is clearly not "Project Soul"quality even for a free to play title.

i have to agree with this , if they hadn't simplified the move set to this extreme , i would have way more fun , regardless of the servers errors.

I unlocked both Ivy and Taki after a few tries at normal mode, the drop rate seems high enough.
Ok, is there some trick I'm missing? Or do I just have the worst luck? I'm sitting at over 30 tries for Taki now. I'm soul breaking all three opponents every time. Hell, I've even gotten a perfect on the first two only to break Taki's guard immediately after and nothing. I have, however, gotten 3 bell collar accessories. Yay me.

I guess the SoulCalibur/Tekken team are busy working on Smash Bros. Server errors aside, this game is clearly not "Project Soul"quality even for a free to play title.
This is the kind of "quality" you can probably expect from Project Soul going forward.

Darak

Ok, is there some trick I'm missing? Or do I just have the worst luck? I'm sitting at over 30 tries for Taki now. I'm soul breaking all three opponents every time. Hell, I've even gotten a perfect on the first two only to break Taki's guard immediately after and nothing. I have, however, gotten 3 bell collar accessories. Yay me.

Others say there is a 1-5% chance, but it was 4-5 tries for me for both of them. Maybe I was lucky though.

Edit: there is no trick AFAIK, but keep an eye on the match timer, when the AI enters soul mode it shows the break time limit instead.

Xav

This is the kind of "quality" you can probably expect from Project Soul going forward.

Why makes you say that?

Their last title was SoulCalibur V and they totally nailed it on the visuals, soundtrack, gameplay and net code. They would of nailed the lack of content issue too had Namco not rushed them to get the game out early.

I think SoulCalibur V is a wonderful example that Project Soul can do amazing things if given the proper time/budget.

Why makes you say that?

Their last title was SoulCalibur V and they totally nailed it on the visuals, soundtrack, gameplay and net code. They would of nailed the lack of content issue too had Namco not rushed them to get the game out early.

I think SoulCalibur V is a wonderful example that Project Soul can do amazing things if given the proper time/budget.
That's why. Project Soul can only do what Namco gives them the time, budget, and permission to do. I'd love to be proven wrong in dramatic fashion, though.

Xav

That's why. Project Soul can only do what Namco gives them the time, budget, and permission to do. I'd love to be proven wrong in dramatic fashion, though.

I recall Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (great game) missing sales projections but SoulCalibur V doing fine. Hopefully that causes Namco to reconsider showing a little more love to the SoulCalibur series but yeah, I'm not expecting anything,

Creaking

They should let Project Soul push the next game out onto arcades first, so after getting the gameplay, characters, and stages (at least some of them) down, the game can make money like Tekken does while they work on home features, like creation or some story mode or bonus modes.

Shoot... I think I used up all of my luck on that Taki unlock. I have fought Ivy about 25+ times and no drop yet. But, yeah there is no trick to it, you just have to break that guard. You will know you got it if you see an orb fly out of her when you break it.

Shoot... I think I used up all of my luck on that Taki unlock. I have fought Ivy about 25+ times and no drop yet. But, yeah there is no trick to it, you just have to break that guard. You will know you got it if you see an orb fly out of her when you break it.

Yeah, I figured it shows up right after you break her guard. My weapon art or whatever it's called can almost break her guard outright at this point. She's still a pain in my ass in general but that's a different story.

So I just put in another 10 tries in a row with the help of a well timed rank up that refreshed my AP. Still nothing. 40+ tries total now. If people in this thread hadn't already unlocked her, I would believe it wasn't possible at this point. And I know that if I try for Ivy, it's going to give me her on the first try because I don't care about having Ivy. I'm not even going to tempt fate on that one, lol.

Top Bottom