• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulcalibur V |OT| Go home and be a salary man!

LowParry

5 is the max?

What's their distance parity?

I think on Spooky's side, when facing JWong, they were at 4 bar? 5 bar connection? I'm not sure. So it was a east coast to west coast connection and they seem to play just fine.

Edit: Wait till Tuesday though for a better impression when there's a ton of more players playing.

Can anyone at GAF lend a hand? We're trying to set up a little Soul Calibur V tournament at work to give the game (and the shop) a little more attention. I'm looking for a HQ image of the artwork from the box for the poster, but cannot find it anywhere...

Really looking forward to trying this, anyway. The SE looks lovely; if it wasn't for MGS coming out the same day I'd snap it right up.

FinKL

Watching Aris Just Guard Tutorial

Whoa, unblockable attacks can be JG. Should they still be called unblockables then. Also, didn't think about JG being better than GI. He seems to think GI will be dropped in favor of JG.

I don't agree w/ him about JG relieving the guard crush gauge though, it looked like it turned down from Red to Yellow over time and JG just doesn't count against guard gauge

sleepykyo

Aris Just Guard Tutorial

Whoa, unblockable attacks can be JG, should they be called unblockables then. Also, didn't think about JG being better than GI. He seems to think GI will be dropped in favor of JG.

Well yeah since it doesn't take meter. But, as another poster noted, the GI's might see some use against mid/low mix-ups assuming the character doesn't have a super with invincibility frames.

Seems a lot stronger than I expected though. I though it was just going to be like CVS2 where it reduces the block stun a little bit. Aris' video makes it look like the block stun gets completely wiped out.

FinKL

Right, now this make sense why they made GI 4+A+B+K. To avoid with the 8 way run and G movement. Although JG does really good right now.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm thinking about dropping Yoshimitsu (at least for certain matchups). I had a long set with my brother last night (he uses Natsu) and is a BEAST with her.

Natsu has a lot of stuff that naturally beats Yoshimitsu's pokes/options. And not to mention she's a beast when it comes to landing CH combos. CH WS+K = 50% of your life gone.

YEWOZASSS.

I'm thinking of rocking Z.W.E.I. or Pyrrha.

Moofers

So is Kilik in the game this time? He's my main and I would really hate to have to fall back to somebody else.

*nvm* OP does not have him listed. :( Shows "Xiba" as the new rod user. I hope the moveset is mostly the same.

alstein

So is Kilik in the game this time? He's my main and I would really hate to have to fall back to somebody else.

*nvm* OP does not have him listed. :( Shows "Xiba" as the new rod user. I hope the moveset is mostly the same.

Kilik is an Edgemaster clone (of male characters)

There is a "new" Kilik called Xiba.

Is there a good poke-heavy character in this game that's a good Mina replacement among the new cast? Or will I have to consider going back to Raph?

Bob White

Any early netcode impressions?

Played a match against some guy with a three bar connection this morning. I didn't have any high hopes but it ran VERY good. Like, I was in shock. Not the best ever but I could react to shit I couldn't react to on a 4 bar in SC4. Anyways, I'm from Santa Monica and the dude was from New York. But hey, it could all fall to shit once everyone jumps on tomorrow.

Hey Markman, any videos of your brother's Natsu? Or Taki? I'm fucking terrible at this and can't seem to grasp 3d fighting game pokes/movement.

Sullichin

Kilik is an Edgemaster clone (of male characters)

There is a "new" Kilik called Xiba.

Is there a good poke-heavy character in this game that's a good Mina replacement among the new cast? Or will I have to consider going back to Raph?

wait.. so kilik is in the game but he's like edgemaster in that you get a random fighting style?

Sullichin

Yep. He mimics the styles of male characters only, though.

interesting. I don't like kilik but I always liked fighting against people who used him online, because they were usually pretty terrible but thought they were hot shit :p

can't wait to try out the new yoshimitsu tomorrow! any major retailers known to be selling this early?

alstein

interesting. I don't like kilik but I always liked fighting against people who used him online, because they were usually pretty terrible but thought they were hot shit :p

can't wait to try out the new yoshimitsu tomorrow! any major retailers known to be selling this early?

Some Wal-Marts apparently. If you wait until tomorrow, you can buy at Target and get a $20 gift card.

I'm thinking about dropping Yoshimitsu (at least for certain matchups). I had a long set with my brother last night (he uses Natsu) and is a BEAST with her.

Natsu has a lot of stuff that naturally beats Yoshimitsu's pokes/options. And not to mention she's a beast when it comes to landing CH combos. CH WS+K = 50% of your life gone.

YEWOZASSS.

I'm thinking of rocking Z.W.E.I. or Pyrrha.

I suck with both. :(

So I went to Walmart in hopes that they put the game on the shelf and wouldn't ya know it, there it was. I asked the guy there to take it out for me and ring it up. I was so excited, I felt like I was pulling off a grand con and everybody was none the wiser. Turns out I didn't account for the fucking cash register, which kept pulling up the words "DO NOT SELL." Then the guy proceeds to tell me it comes out tomorrow so I can come back then. Fuck. I was so close.

So I just went to Gamestop and pre-ordered the Special Edition. Can't figure it if this is a victory or defeat.

Skilletor

I CANNOT FUCKING WAIT OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG SO MUCH HYPE!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So, anyone with it early given Algol some playtime yet? I saw Mr. Wiz talk about how little he knew of him in Art's stream, but beyond that...

It'd be nice to know if he's a more serious, well-rounded character now. I enjoyed him before the IV patch, due to crazy bubble juggles (similiar to what Viola has now, really), but after the patch, his loss of dynamics just kept me from ever getting back into him. Thus, I'm interested to see where he stands now.

"The worlds jerkiest thrown sit, as narrated by Lu Bu" is reason enough for me to play him, anyway...

sephi22

Hopped into Jaxel's stream. Beat him perfect one round. Got perfected on and then lost. He kicked me afterwards. Connection was 3 bar surprisingly, UAE-US is usually 1 bar.

one_kill

Still on the fence for this game. Are the mechanics of this game easy to understand? I haven't played a Soulcalibur game before, but I'm a regular MvC3 and SF4 player.

sephi22

cUpyA.jpg

Kappa.

DR2K

Banned
Have you played current SCIV online? 5 bar is complete ass and hardly anyone plays.

Oh yeah I did about a year ago on PS3, it sucked balls. But when I played it a week prior to release(my one and only perk working at Gamestop), I had a lot of great games.

sephi22

LMAO Horseface on Justin's stream.
0yd28.jpg

And Floe on Jaxelrod's stream. Fucking Dead. This dude showed up in the lobby I was in.
ewlau.jpg

1:26:00 in the link I posted a couple of posts back. It has begun. Online matches will be interesting.

Top Bottom