• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulcalibur V |OT| Go home and be a salary man!

Doomshine

- Buffering time has decreased when you get hit by the opponent character. This is to avoid attacking when you accidentally hit buttons after getting hit. Direction key/pad buffer time has not changed.

Awesome, I've had this happen so many times.

- Fixed character's guard burst damage not recovering between rounds. Characters that were affected: Voldo, Astaroth, Raphael, Tira, Algol, Z.W.E.I., Patroklos, αPatroklos, Xiba, and Ezio.

Wow, that's pretty bad... and of course Raphael is on that list :(

- Unblockable frame duration is now longer during the back step. No change in moving distance and speed.

Does this mean I'm going to get punished even more for trying to move?

EDIT: and did they not nerf the damage on Natsu's air throw? That shit is insane.

Alx

I can't identify precisely most of the changes, but I gathered that Viola had damage increase and Aeon a better reach for his throws, which is welcome. :)

Doomshine

Apparently Tira was top tier.

*sighs*

I saw someone on 8wayrun say that the developers thought she was broken. I don't play her so I can't really say.

I'm not too happy either with some of the changes to Raphael. SE got nerfed for some reason, Prep K is even more unsafe now even if it gives stun on CH and 22_88B is probably unsafe now.

The new stun from CH 6BBB/Prep BBB is cool though.

Doomshine

Uhm, quite the opposite. You are more safe when back stepping.

Here's what they are saying on 8wayrun:
It means the enforced lag time before the game accepts commands out of a backdash is longer, meaning backdash has a longer vulnerable window.

So the time before you can block has been increased. That's how I read it at least.

Doomshine

There are some pretty funny joke patch notes here: http://www.toptiertactics.com/2012/03/leaked-soul-calibur-5-patch-notes-1-01/#ixzz1pQjKiTm7

Natsu: As requested by Taki fans, Natsu’s bust size has been increased by 23 cm. This should clear up any confusion that Natsu is, in fact, a ninja

Ezio: As requested by our partners at Ubisoft, playing as Ezio now requires a constant internet connection

Raphael: Many users were confused about whether Raphael was a vampire or not. To put the matter to rest, Raphael has been removed from the game

Pyrrha: To increase immersion, Pyrrha is now 43% more apologetic. We are very sorry this couldn’t be fixed sooner

Aeon: To increase immersion, Aeon can no longer see opponents who do not move. Standstill opponents will now be invisible

Dampierre: To increase immersion, Dampierre’s price on the Xbox Live Marketplace and Playstation Network has been increased 300%. Magnificent!

Dampierre: While it does not affect online ranking, gamers using Dampierre will now see a Victory! screen regardless of the actual outcome of the match

Alpha Patroklos: Players enjoyed the challenge this character offered. To match this, Alpha Patroklos can no longer perform Guards that are not Just Guards

Alpha Patroklos: Introduced a new character-specific mechanic, Just Step. Alpha Patroklos will now only step if a direction is inputted at the exact frame the opposing foot touches the ground

Elysium, Edge Master: These characters have been merged into a new character, Harold. Harold possesses the power of Innocent Love

Same here. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since the people who create the game have no idea how to balance it. Reminds me of Capcom with Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom.

Sorry. I couldn't hear you over all the buffs my main got!

aeonchibi-0019sekq.jpg

Stay salty, my friends. ;)

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Can't check the notes at work, but did Devil Jin get any buffs/nerfs?

Soul of Devil Jin:

A.A.B (Flash Punch Combo): shortened opponent’s freeze on 1st attack hit. 3rd can no longer connect into a combo when 2nd attack misses (even if 1st attack hits). Same change to 6A (Jab).

3K.B.K (Rengoku): created distance after 3rd attack hits. This will make During Fly A+B easier to evade. Same change to 7K.

666K (Leaping Side Kick): changed property from Mid to High. Every character can now duck 666K.

While standing A.B (Twin Pistons): launch height lowered on hit.

66K.A.2K (Demon Cyclone): lengthened opponent’s freeze on 2nd attack counter hit. Decreased 3rd attack’s ring out range.

During Advanced Step B (Rising Uppercut): launch height lowered on counter hit.

During Advanced Step A.9 (Heaven’s Door): ring out range has been decreased. Same change to During Advanced Step aA+B+K.9 (Heaven’s Door).

a+gA+B+K (Obliteration): lowered rise in critical gauge.

If I had the time, I'd draw Aeon dancing in a rain of buffs (with one little damage nerf in the corner).

I bless down the rain down in Africaaaa ~

Can't check the notes at work, but did Devil Jin get any buffs/nerfs?

Lost ring out range, the height in which characters got launched is reduced for some moves, his 666+K is now a high and it's now a bit more easier to dodge lasers. No mention of any changes to DVJ's 3AB:A+B+K > EWGF though.

Hum very happy as a leixia player ..can't wait to see how she plays now ... pyrrah should have been debuffed way more

Zwei and raphael are perfect now it seems

notworksafe

So there is some changes? How is Pyrrha now? I hope she got buffed.

Essentially the same, except you can't spam the hell out of Angel Strike without getting smacked for it. That's fine with me as Pyrrha didn't really need any buffs or nerfs imo.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Barely anything for Zwei, boourns.

Well everyone else got nerf.. so that's a plus for him.

At least your main didn't got buff into FOTM, people (including me) are already getting upset with since they over buff her into S tier.

Shouta

I think he needs to be tightened up right now before adding extra stuff. He's got some surprisingly good damage and tricks, problem is ZWEI is so slow at the moment and it can be difficult to land unlike all the other characters. Like his 1k is stupidly unsafe when it would be safe on any other character.

sleepykyo

Removed stun on counter hit 6 A+B
PO 6a and jf got damage cut in half
ws k already shown in the trailer

Natsu hate must have been really strong.

Pyrhha nerfs aren't too bad.

Degen

Went online with the new patch and Siegfried's moves are looking A-OK. I went out of my way to do 2A+B a lot, and it still wrecks after the nerf.

Man, SC5 feels good.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Tira notes:

- JS 6A, B is no longer a combo at ANY range

- JS 2A, B no longer knocks down on B hit but they still get pushed back a bit.

- Mood change rate on A+B is pretty bad now, even A+B held. It's pretty much useless given the high self-damage incurred. Taunt might be more reliable now.

- QCF K BE still mood changes most of the time. Sometimes fails.

- JS 66B BE hardly mood changes now. With additional changes to GS 4K and GS BT B+K stuff like GS 4K, JS 66B BE, GS B+K, 66B BE is pretty much removed.

- GS 3B, 4A still combos, but 3B, 4A, 3A, A does not.

- GS 3B, 4A, 4K, 66B still combos and with the buff to GS 4K and 666B this is apparently the Namco approved combo now. *rolleyes*

- GS 3B, 4A, CE still combos, but timing is weird

- 6K still seems to duck under highs pretty well

- Haven't really gone into specific frame advantage changes, but I bet they're bad.

- GS 44A now mood changes most of the time on whiff or block.

- JS CE damage buff is a whopping 7 damage.

Fuck you Namco.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Getting little late to play, and work tomorrow, can someone check if they fixed the disconnect problem online?

So Viola is looking is still looking okay? She looks a bit stronger as far as I can tell.

I love how detailed these patch notes are, but it's pretty hard to understand from the perspective of someone who does not play these games seriously(yet...).
Same here. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since the people who create the game have no idea how to balance it. Reminds me of Capcom with Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom.
You mean vanilla Marvel vs Capcom? The only real bad buffs in ultimate were Wesker glasses, Zero buffs and Phudaaaive.
Hilde got walloped, holy shit.
She did? I get the sense that she got some some nerfs, but not this bad.

I've been on the fence when it comes to this game for a while, but I really liked playing Hilde when I borrowed the game from my cousin.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Weird thought; I wonder if they adjusted the scripts for the AI in the arcade routes, and in quick battle.. it would be funny to see them attempt combos that no longer work, but behave as if they do.

Doomshine

Well shit, I didn't realize that Raphael can no longer combo 3BBB after hitting 22_88B. That really sucks. 11_BB or 66A+B are his best options now.

33_99KBE into CE does pretty damn good damage though if you have the meter.

I finally had some time to try the online. Apparently I'm not considered a beginner, I got kicked at least 3 times for "trolling" with my beginner title. I haven't played since 3 and I've never played the game against anyone but my brother :/ Oh well.

I probably didn't pick the best character to start with too, it's been really frustrating but I think I'm starting to get comfortable with Raphael now.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Trying to grind some ranking.... only found 1 match in 10 min. Matches are so hard to find now, take 40 seconds to find someone, just to lost connection.

NeonZ

So, it's not just me? It seems like they've kind of broken the ranking match search with this patch. Although, I guess it might have just been the inconsistent release of the path throughout different regions. Maybe after everyone has gotten the path the ranking match feature will go back to working as usual.

vg260

Anyone know if the patch fixed the HD install issue on the 360 where the disc would spin up and not stop if you backed out to the main menu? Thanks.

scosher

Tira got killed more than any other character in this patch. Maxi just got damage nerfs, Leixia got some frame nerfs and a slight nerf to her WR B(BE), Natsu got move property nerfs to break some of her OP combos...

But Tira got hit by all of that AND she can no longer guarantee stance changes with her brave edges. Namco done destroyed her. Pisses me off enough to not bother playing this for a bit.

Top Bottom