• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulcalibur V |OT| Go home and be a salary man!

Alx

Being able to buy DLC from the game would be welcome indeed (even though I don't think I'll buy any more content).
I suppose it would be unrealistic to hope for an upgraded Aeon move list ? I like the character style a lot, but he feels too limited compared to the others.

NeonZ

So... this means more DLC? It'll be interesting to see what will appear. I wonder if there's any chance at all of the removed movesets being added back to the game or even the full characters? Although I guess the more likely ending is just more visual CaS pieces.

I expect the Legendary Souls Nightmare, Siegfried, and possibly Cervantes models to be released at some point.

As for balance, while I think Natsu (and Maxi) will be getting nerfed, I really hope it doesn't go beyond a damage reduction. Both characters are a lot of fun to watch as currently constructed. I'd also like to see some of the magic removed from Leixia's 22_88B BE. That move does too many things well, IMO.

Other than that, I hope it's a matter of bringing up the weaker characters and leaving everyone else the hell alone.

So... this means more DLC? It'll be interesting to see what will appear. I wonder if there's any chance at all of the removed movesets being added back to the game or even the full characters? Although I guess the more likely ending is just more visual CaS pieces.
It's hard to judge from the translations, but it sounded like the DLC store was going to be in the character creation section. So probably just more outfit pieces.

Nobody cares about Aeon.

aeon-flux-gravitymlbhl.jpg

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Baffling moment of the day:

I beat some guy's Cervy. It wasnt' especially good and he had no idea how to defend against Maxi anway.

"That's bullshit! Anyway, good game."
I say nothing since his cognitive dissonance canceled his statement out.
"People in this room are assholes! I say GG, and nobody says anything back!"

I told him he can't call my play BS then expect a GG, and he went out screaming.

Roto13

Baffling moment of the day:

I beat some guy's Cervy. It wasnt' especially good and he had no idea how to defend against Maxi anway.

"That's bullshit! Anyway, good game."
I say nothing since his cognitive dissonance canceled his statement out.
"People in this room are assholes! I say GG, and nobody says anything back!"

I told him he can't call my play BS then expect a GG, and he went out screaming.

Shit like this is why I'm so unlikely to play a game online if I can't turn off voice chat.

That should be a system level feature on PS3.

USD

Should have linked this earlier, but the Japanese SCV national tournament is going on right now:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/e-sports-square

The PS3 East JP qualifier already finished, as are 2 of the 360 tourney blocks. The top of ch qualifier makes it in the 4-player round-robin finals. The winner of the round robin for each system gets 50K Yen (~600 USD) and earns a trip to the World Finals on 4/10.

Also, Toys"R"Us has the 360 version (only) for $29.99 + shipping. Sale ends today, so if you want it, get it now.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12527810

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The new trailer for the 3/21 balance patch showed a lot of things... Over 240+ tweaks/changes. There will be a change log sometime next week.

In the video, you can see Natsu's WS+K get punished by Leixia's CE.

For the April 3 and beyond customization DLC you see a sneak peak at the in game store AND... custom guest parts of King, Xiaoyu and Jin from Tekken <3

Shouta

It'll be out today? Hot!

I'm definitely gonna start playing Viola too in addition to Zwei. I was planning on her before seeing this but seeing Trace's Viola makes me want to try her as well lol.

I took a screen cap of the trailer when they listed the equipment packs but I guess tinypic is banned. Anyways:
-Classic Headgears 1
-SCV Character Equipment 1
-Maid Costumes 1
-Active Wear 1
-Ancient Armor 1
-Modern Costumes 1

So it seems like there's gonna be a bunch more of this stuff to come.

DasRaven

I took a screen cap of the trailer when they listed the equipment packs but I guess tinypic is banned. Anyways:
-Classic Headgears 1
-SCV Character Equipment 1
-Maid Costumes 1
-Active Wear 1
-Ancient Armor 1
-Modern Costumes 1

So it seems like there's gonna be a bunch more of this stuff to come.

Now that the stream is archived, the DLC loop starts around 4:41:30 in the 9h recording.
I'm liking the return of several Voldo & Nightmare headgear pieces and the idea of making a Pyrrah Omega that looks just like Regular Pyrrah.
I also saw an official looking King and regular Jin outfit.

Doomshine

Now that the stream is archived, the DLC loop starts around 4:41:30 in the 9h recording.
I'm liking the return of several Voldo & Nightmare headgear pieces and the idea of making a Pyrrah Omega that looks just like Regular Pyrrah.
I also saw an official looking King and regular Jin outfit.

There was a Xiaoyu costume too.

Jin and Xiayou make sense because you can slap them on Devil Jin and Leixia's movelists. But I figure most people are gonna throw King onto Devil Jin and that would suck. He'd look good with Rock's movelist, though. :-(

scosher

Here's the youtube trailer for those that missed it--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnnGRMzooRY

Some changes that you can tell off the bat:

- Pyrrha's 236B stab seems to be launch punishable on block. Currently it's -16; unsafe, but just under pretty much all launchers in the game. I suspect it might be -18 or -20 now.

- Natsu's WR K got punished by Leixia's CE.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
- Pyrrha's 236B stab seems to be launch punishable on block. Currently it's -16; unsafe, but just under pretty much all launchers in the game. I suspect it might be -18 or -20 now.

Good. Her 236B recovery was BS.

"It's punishable!"
*tries to punish*
JG!!!! LOL!

Now all they need to do is make her 66B not hit grounded.

Top Bottom