• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sound Shapes |OT| A Game For Vita (and PS3)

Fabrik

Banned
** Puts shield and helmet on **
Another game on Vita with style over substance. Like Gravity Rush. To each his own I guess.

image.php

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Another game on Vita with style over substance. Like Gravity Rush. To each his own I guess.

image.php

How was Sound Shapes?

Fabrik

Banned
I've been playing games for long enough to know what to expect from seeing video footage only. I know my tastes very well and I'm almost never wrong.
And the same as people deciding in advance that this game is awesome without even playing it, I decide that this game is too shallow for me.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I've been playing games for long enough to know what to expect from seeing video footage only. I know my tastes very well and I'm almost never wrong.
And the same as people deciding in advance that this game is awesome without even playing it, I decide that this game is too shallow for me.
Ahahahahaha

Spiegel

image.php
I remember that avatar, oh yes.

Another Sound Shapes thread, another post of yours shitting on a game you have not played.

luffeN

I think it is kind of fair to call out the "this will be amazing" people too. You could also ask: Can I borrow your time machine? But nobody cares if people get hyped.

Qoq5D.jpg

reminder

Well, i HAVE played it and even the barebones demo i've played was awesome. And now it looks even better.

Fabrik

Banned
People are really defensive here. I wonder why. I stated it was just my opinion.
I don't like this tendency of proclaming any exclusive game the best thing ever before release and yet look at the Gravity Rush thread, a lof of people were pretty dissapointed by it in the end.

Zia

I think it is kind of fair to call out the "this will be amazing" people too. You could also ask: Can I borrow your time machine? But nobody cares if people get hyped.

People anticipate many things they haven't yet experienced: film, books, music. There's nothing wrong with looking at new work by an artist or creators you trust and thinking it'll most likely end up being something of quality.

Edit: And I have played Sound Shapes.

StuBurns

Banned
People are really defensive here. I wonder why. I stated it was just my opinion.
I don't like this tendency of proclaming any exclusive game the best thing ever before release and yet look at the Gravity Rush thread, a lof of people were pretty dissapointed by it in the end.
It's not exclusive, I don't see people proclaiming it's the best thing ever.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

You didn't have to explain yourself but I think your reason for it is funny. Anyway, what were you expecting posting that in an OT thread?

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
You're in the official thread, so most people in here are going to be pretty excited for it. To be honest, it doesn't look much like my thing either, but I'm buying it for the same reason I bought Gravity Rush--I want to support something completely bold and different. I don't think most games translate well to videos, so I'm willing to actually play the game before I form an opinion on how it plays.

You didn't have to explain yourself but I think your reason for it is funny. Anyway, what were you expecting posting that in an OT thread?

You should all be exceedingly cautious. Try not to show a hint of enthusiasm. Maybe highlight the game's deficiencies so you can be relieved if the game exceeds your paltry expectations.

I think this game is going to be mind numbingly tedious so I may pick it up if it turns out slightly better than mediocre.

image.php

I AM TAKING THE TROLL BAIT.

There has rarely, if ever, been a game that has SO MUCH FREAKING SUBSTANCE.

Its a videogame, a tool and a toy all at once. You can play a game, make levels for a game, and make music. Separately or all at once. That's so much substance IMO.

That being said, you are allowed to not be interested/excited. Different strokes for different folks.

(full disclosure, capy worked on this game).

Grisby

I don't like this tendency of proclaiming any exclusive game the best thing ever before release and yet look at the Gravity Rush thread, a lof of people were pretty disappointed by it in the end.
I'm new to hearing about this game myself but you end your original post by quoting your own avatar, poking the fire. So, what, only nintendo games have all that content?

And besides GR there have been a ton of Vita games with substantial content (Uncharted, Wipeout, Rayman) so I don't quite get where you were going with that original 'another vita game' comment either.

Lothars

I have no expectations for this but I don't think it will be as bad as your letting on or as little substance as you seem to think.

VanWinkle

I'm really really excited for this. I love music, and I love platformers. Seems like it will be the perfect game for me. And Capy worked on this game? Good, now get Critter Crunch on Vita!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
That's one embarrassing post, goddamn.
Very much so.

I know my gaming tastes pretty well, but I also know I can't just write off something that doesn't quite look like anything else I've ever played.
I'm very keen to give this a try.

LuuKyK

And who is saying the game will be good because its exclusive? lol Good assumption there.

And why do you follow games you already know you wont like? Why bring the Gravity Rush argument after all? Why do you even posted something like your first post here, already avatarquoting you, was that your real intention in the first place?

Please...

kassatsu

Banned
I have played it.

Lol, funny you should say that, I had a friend thinking it was a retail release game because of how good it looked and the level creator. $15 for the amount of content in this game and the limitless number of songs and levels you can play and create is well worth it to me.

I get it for $12 thanks to plus :)

We have different criteria.

StuBurns

Banned
Very much so.

I know my gaming tastes pretty well, but I also know I can't just write off something that doesn't quite look like anything else I've ever played.
I'm very keen to give this a try.
Yeah, I've had games blow me away that I had no interest in based on prerelease media, Nier for example.

The thing is, this does look a little shallow compared something like Super Meat Boy, but Lumines isn't as well designed as Tetris, and I greatly prefer it, Everyday Shooter isn't as well designed as Geometry Wars, and I greatly prefer it.

I think the appeal of this game is going to be tied to how much you value the music and sound design aspect of games in well trodden genres.

Certainly, this game could suck, it's very pretty, but that doesn't mean much, but I'm open to taking a punt sight unseen, his last game was wonderful.

Top Bottom