• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sound Shapes |OT| A Game For Vita (and PS3)

JoshHood

Seems PS+ Subscribers in NA will be getting a discount on this, and us in the UK are not.

Typical.

Don't know where you heard that:

EU PlayStation Blog said:
Sound Shapes hits PS3 and PS Vita as a cross-play title on 15th August, and remember, you get both versions for one price! It’s €12.99/£9.99 (20% off for a limited time for PS Plus members)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/08/01/sound-shapes-level-editor-and-trophies-take-centre-stage/

Famassu

Why am I getting the sad feeling that absolutely no one save for a few NeoGAF Vita faithful are hyped for this...
I had the same feeling about Journey, and it became, like, THE best selling game on PSN ever. I'm sure there are enough desperate-for-new-games Vita owners and fans of platforming on PS3 that this'll be a big enough success for what it is.

I had the same feeling about Journey, and it became, like, THE best selling game on PSN ever. I'm sure there are enough desperate-for-new-games Vita owners and fans of platforming on PS3 that this'll be a big enough success for what it is.

Exactly. Once this hits PSN and it's good, it'll be all over twitter and gaming podcasts. Just like Dyad.

I don't get Sony's logic. Game is up for preorder then they have a review embargo and no demo until day of release. I'm betting on the game being good but this seems counter productive.

Since we're all waiting for this game I thought I'd take the time to talk about one of the artists involved with it: PixelJam

All of the other people involved I often see mentioned and discussed on GAF but I rarely see any mention of them. They've made some good indie games, including some for Adult Swim Games. My person favorite is Cream Wolf, where you play as an ice cream truck driver and the purpose of the game is to fatten kids up so when you turn into a werewolf you can eat them. Very fun and addicting game.

Play it for free here: http://games.adultswim.com/cream-wolf-twitchy-online-game.html

One thing I love about their games is the simplistic sprite work they typically go with. You can check out other games they've done at their site: http://pixeljam.com/

Another personal recommendation is Dino Run SE.

Even though I hate SCEE for dilly dallying on this and Dyad...

...can Sound Shapes be pre-ordered from the EU-store? If so, where do I look? Can't find anything.

EDIT: nvm you can't yet and Stuburns posted it above me :\

totowhoa

Banned
I can't believe how long it's been since Everyday Shooter. Tuesday can't come soon enough :D I've got the whole day free, so I'm really going to plunge into it. Between one price for both of the platforms and the PS+ discount, I'd feel awful for not supporting day one.

But how much substance does this game have? Just curious cause I've heard from a guy that this game has no substance

It a classic example of a game which has subsistence over substance.....

you know just to keep the Vita alive. Some guy told me that too.

Zia

So, when's embargo up? I'm curious to see just how devoid of substance most reviewers found this "game."

unfortunately, i won't buy a vita next week, because i have an internship for 2- 3 months abroad. when i buy sound shapes next week for my ps3, can i download the game later for my vita ?

Grisby

I went from not caring so much about this game to eagerly awaiting it's release. My Vita will be pleased.

What's the size of it going to be though, anyone got a clue?

I wonder how Fabrik feels now.
Come on... -_-
Why be so childish. He gave his opinion, he didn't said the game will be shit and he never asks for a bomba. He explained how from his actual knowing of the game he thought there could be platforming design or gameplay liitations. Also he agrees that simple platforming is not the main point of te game and that's why all the other interesting things are here for. Anyone focusing on the core platforming mechanics and forgettingnthe rest would be totally wrong but I'm not sure it was the point he was trying to make.

I'm not here to defend him but I really think some of you are not fair. Anyway I'm glad to see there are already people happy with the final version of the game. Can't wait to try it (and please have a good community support).

kerrak

I dont have a vita. I prefer substance over style. I dont give a shit about music or creation tools. I only like tested platforming experiences. I watched the videos but anyway wanted to ask to those that have tried the game: is this game for me?

I dont have a vita. I prefer substance over style. I dont give a shit about music or creation tools. I only like tested platforming experiences. I watched the videos but anyway wanted to ask to those that have tried the game: is this game for me?

Embargo is up until the 7th, check back then for anything other then E3 hands on stuff. (and kinda odd statement coming from a Journey avatar)

Top Bottom