• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sound Shapes |OT| A Game For Vita (and PS3)

Do I need to get all discs in a level to get all the unlockables in the editor?

If so, how can I tell how many discs I've already gotten in any given level?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Do I need to get all discs in a level to get all the unlockables in the editor?

If so, how can I tell how many discs I've already gotten in any given level?

You press start during your playthrough and see something like xx/xx.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Everything is messed up for me. :<

Sony is kind of losing me on this. Putting hours of work into levels and then not being able to submit them is really getting to me.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Even though I beat the campaign mode a few days ago, I never took the time to salute the team for creating the "break/move/lose/hurt a little" blocks. They're just precious. Now if only they could fix these server issues I'm experiencing, then I'd stop cursing their names.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Man, I really hate some of these Death Mode levels.
Getting through them so far, but there's one I had to give up on.
I'll save it for last.

JimFear

Banned
is there any workaround on the vita?

i know there is one on the ps3 where you have to exit the game and disconnect from the ps3 and reconnect.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You can't do anything since the problem is with the servers
I've been having problems syncing my cloud save on the Vita so last night I decided to just try again whenever it would fail to connect and then it would go through. It usually took 2 or 3 tries though.

Oni Jazar

I've been having problems syncing my cloud save on the Vita so last night I decided to just try again whenever it would fail to connect and then it would go through. It usually took 2 or 3 tries though.

I have been trying to connect for 24 hours now, trying at different times of the day (late at night, early morning, etc) and no luck. Right now I've been trying non stop for 15 mins straight and no luck. I can't imagine this is just overloaded servers.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
One of my accounts can get on without a hitch, but the other two will not connect no matter how much I poke and prod. Seems a bit strange.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Was able to somehow get online for a bit last night & play some of Lissar's levels. Holy shit, so magical & creative.

Thank you so much! I'm glad to hear people enjoy them.

Does your one account that works have a cloud save? I'm beginning to wonder if that's the issue for some reason.

None of my accounts have a cloud save.

And anyway, after PERSEVERANCE I managed to connect. Not sure if this is a fluke or they managed to get things working just then.

Here:

Drink Me

Midnight Garden

The Song of my People

The last one is only three screens and very simple but it's my favorite. Don't forget to queue them up for later if you can't connect!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
How do I play these user levels? I've added them to my queue, but I can't find them anywhere in game.

see5harp

I got another java script error, this time on PS3 in Beat School. I ignored the error and all sorts of crazy shit started happening.

Man, I really hate some of these Death Mode levels.
Getting through them so far, but there's one I had to give up on.
I'll save it for last.

Which one did you give up on? I've got two left and one of them I'm not sure if I'll complete. I just keep running out of time and have no idea what to do. Normally I can rely on a lucky pattern of notes to get by it hasn't happened with this. It's the fourth stage of the Superbrothers/Jim Guthrie album. (I really need to memorize what the albums are called, haha)

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Which one did you give up on? I've got two left and one of them I'm not sure if I'll complete. I just keep running out of time and have no idea what to do. Normally I can rely on a lucky pattern of notes to get by it hasn't happened with this. It's the fourth stage of the Superbrothers/Jim Guthrie album. (I really need to memorize what the albums are called, haha)
That's the one. Ugh!

I just keep running out of time.
I get closer by making random longer jumps forward and backward in hopes of getting 2-3 per jump.

Anyone else have a strategy?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
That's the one. Ugh!

I get closer by making random longer jumps forward and backward in hopes of getting 2-3 per jump.

Can't really help you. I got lucky at the end and got 3 with one jump with less than a second left.

I just finished Death mode so all I have left for the Platinum are the awesome Beat School levels. I only did 2 so far because I wanted to save them for the end.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I could see a band like Air making an album for this, a lot of their songs really fit this concept well.

Dynamic3

I'm not a Beck fan, but Cities was one of my favorite gaming experiences ever. I really hope they continue to support this game with DLC.

Someone fix the server. >: I need to be #1 in all of Lissars levels so I win!

Have you beaten my time in any yet

Because that seems like a tall order in all of them :eek:

These server issues are really hampering this game, though. As of right now, if you want this game for community UGC, I really can't recommend it.

OmegaZero

That's the one. Ugh!

Jump to the beat: 1,2,3,4.

When the sound that happens before the laser shoots plays, do a short hop with it (assuming you've been hopping to the beat) and your next jump should dodge it.

It takes a bit of practice, but once I nailed it down, I was able to constantly grab coins while moving without fear of getting hit.

Just keep in mind that the sloped surface can skew the timing of your jumps.

Jump to the beat: 1,2,3,4.

When the sound that happens before the laser shoots plays, do a short hop with it (assuming you've been hopping to the beat) and your next jump should dodge it.

It takes a bit of practice, but once I nailed it down, I was able to constantly grab coins while moving without fear of getting hit.

Just keep in mind that the sloped surface can skew the timing of your jumps.

Cool, thanks. I'll try that out.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
A couple other ppl on the team were super impressed. We've been chatting about our favorite levels.

xtrophx's levels are super great too.

Wow, thank you! I'm an artist and the design work done in this game really appeals to me. For me it's like creating interactive art rather than a pure game.

Someone fix the server. >: I need to be #1 in all of Lissars levels so I win!

I want to see you do it! :O

Have you beaten my time in any yet

Because that seems like a tall order in all of them :eek:

These server issues are really hampering this game, though. As of right now, if you want this game for community UGC, I really can't recommend it.

And then I want to see you beat her again!

In the level editor can you use elements from all the albums in the same level or are they separated? Thanks.

Yep, total mix and match (though some elements are pretty odd together.)

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Looks like other people can't sign in, too?

Top Bottom