• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sound Shapes |OT| A Game For Vita (and PS3)

No I believe that's hard coded. You can make levels snake around the tune you want to keep instead of just keep making the level go forward.
That is what I have started doing but it took a redesign. There are a lot of tweaking tools they can add that would allow for a lot of customizing. I don't mind the limited toolset right now though as its enough to handle but I could see the desire later. Sound shapes 2 probably.

Also I would like to be able to pick a note out and place it anywhere in the level and have it be the same note. Kinda like a "lock" feature so I don't have to build my levels around the notes but allow both to complement each other.

TheGrue

I couldn't connect since Saturday night, but I was just able to this morning.

I haven't been able to connect on PS3 or Vita since Friday. Kind of weird that it only affects some people. On Friday night, I connected on Vita to prep the cloud save for PS3 and then went to immediately connect on PS3 and couldn't. I didn't check again on Vita until last night, but couldn't connect last on Vita and still can't this morning.

How do you connect to the cloud on the vita? I have PS+ but I don't even see that option anywhere? I copied my vita saved date to my PS3 with a wired connection, but that still did not allow me to continue my game on PS3.

How do you connect to the cloud on the vita? I have PS+ but I don't even see that option anywhere? I copied my vita saved date to my PS3 with a wired connection, but that still did not allow me to continue my game on PS3.

it's under settings/options menu (blue one).

and it's still busted for me. this game has gone from charming to clusterfuck in about 3 days now... :lol

No I believe that's hard coded. You can make levels snake around the tune you want to keep instead of just keep making the level go forward.
Trying to build up the level via a song but I can also put the notes back in. I actually built a beat first and then started a level but I may just add another riff and move forward as suggested.

Just realized my life is over until I finish this level.

Foshy

PlayStation Switzerland is doing a giveaway of Sound Shapes EU pre-release codes on Facebook, managed to snag the first one :D Downloading now!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Can't connect to servers in my Vita version too.

I bought the game on launch day (well, technically I pre-ordered it before but I digress) and have only been able to sign in with my Vita once. Have never been able to sign in on PS3. What's going on with the servers here? Can't be that many people logging in, can there?

queasy

I bought the game on launch day (well, technically I pre-ordered it before but I digress) and have only been able to sign in with my Vita once. Have never been able to sign in on PS3. What's going on with the servers here? Can't be that many people logging in, can there?

depends on your perspective, there are some optimizations being done, but also there's a lot of users!

-j

The one benefit of the servers being down is that I am able to spend more time attempting to better my level. It isn't going to be as beautiful as Lissar's, but I hope it'll be good enough :)

I got MH3 Tri in the mail on Friday, so the servers being down didn't bother me too much. Although I did spend around 5 hours making a level on Friday that I'm anxious to share with people. I thought the music turned out really, really well and I'd like to know what people think of it. Hopefully they're up by the time I get home from work tonight.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Can't believe the servers were down pretty much all weekend, at least I played more Retro/Grade I guess, lol

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Yay, signed in.

reminder

PlayStation Switzerland is doing a giveaway of Sound Shapes EU pre-release codes on Facebook, managed to snag the first one :D Downloading now!

Thank you so much for posting this. Snagged the second code earlier.
I felt a bit bad about getting it for free since it's an indie title and for "stealing" the code from the swiss community (since i'm from germany)... but then again SCEE could have had my money if it was released last week. Don't let gamers wait for anticipated games, SCEE! even if it's "just" a week...

Signed in but still can't sync with cloud.

"cloud sync: a network error has occurred, check your network settings and try again."

I guess I'll try the sign out trick.

Edit:

Worked... slwoly letting all my trophies pop. LOL
Thank you for fixing the servers; you guys should patch that sign-in issue on the PS3 copy though. :)

queasy

Signed in but still can't sync with cloud.

"cloud sync: a network error has occurred, check your network settings and try again."

I guess I'll try the sign out trick.

are you on ps3? have you tried the work around?

-sign out of psn
-quit game
-restart game
-go straight to cloud sync

-j

ULTROS!

I was able to cloud sync with no problems.

-sign out of psn
-quit game
-restart game

-j

Thanks again -- yeah I'd caught that earlier in this thread prior to getting my PS3 back on Friday night... but then the servers were down, so I forgot to try it. It's what I meant by "the sign out trick". :D

Signed in~

Because of all the outages, I'm just going to throw all my levels up here and say please play my levels! I'd really love it if everyone played them.

http://soundshapesgame.com/profile/Lissar/public

Also new ones:

Elevators

Echoes of the Old Gods

If you haven't played any of my levels before and want to try one, go with Elevators. I'm very proud of that level.

That elevators one is really neat, although at the end I got a script error message and had to restart my ps3. Not sure if it was on my end or not.

Edit. How do I sign out of PSN on the ps3? Lol.

Nvm figured it out.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
That elevators one is really neat, although at the end I got a script error message and had to restart my ps3. Not sure if it was on my end or not.
I got a script error too. On the screen where the end point is visible and you go to into the second to the right elevator it throws the error.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Reminder to everyone: play Lissar's levels.

Also, not sure if this has been posted yet, but it's pretty rad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgeZkjEvISI&feature=plcp

Loving all the creative stuff people are making.

Look at this fine endorsement!

I got a script error too. On the screen where the end point is visible and you go to into the second to the right elevator it throws the error.

I actually just played another level with elevators that gave me the script error when I tried to play through it. My level was fine when I tested it, but there seems to be some issue with going back through elevators when online that completely messes up (I had to restart.)

TheGrue

-sign out of psn
-quit game
-restart game

-j

Worked for me as well. That being said, kind of lame to have to start a game twice to be able to cloud sync. Hopefully you guys will be fixing?

Now that people can connect again, here's an updated list of GAF levels.

Wired All Wrong
Cave Rave
Relax for a Minute
Got To Start Somewhere

tearsofash
Tall
1cc

skynidas
the ADventure

kassatsu
Palm Reading

mauaus