• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soundbar vs home cinema sets, now for the definite answer

Boo Who?

Neo Member
AVR is the prime choice if you have the room and money to set it up.

I went with the sonos arc, sub and rear era 300 surrounds and it's pretty amazing for a simple wireless sound bar set up. Expensive but I couldn't be bothered with AVR any more.
I have the same setup but am still using Sonos Ones for my surrounds. I went from a full AVR setup to this. I was tired of the space it took up and the amount of wires. I have been very happy with it. I am waiting to find a good deal on the Eras though to have Atmos in the surrounds as well.

Godfavor

I have the same setup but am still using Sonos Ones for my surrounds. I went from a full AVR setup to this. I was tired of the space it took up and the amount of wires. I have been very happy with it. I am waiting to find a good deal on the Eras though to have Atmos in the surrounds as well.
Eras add a bit of bass compared to the ones in the surround channels as well making the bass response of the system a little better, they are amazing in music though as stereo. But they are too expensive

Last edited:

Boo Who?

Neo Member
Eras add a bit of bass compared to the ones in the surround channels as well making the bass response of the system a little better, they are amazing in music though as stereo. But they are too expensive
I use Fives in Stereo for my vinyl. I have been very happy with them for music.

PurePlatinum

Neo Member
I have an AVR with 3.1 speakers and I prefer it to full surround.

Full surround always distracts me sort of like noise coming out of the controller. I don't feel immersed I feel like there are speakers behind my couch.

Top Bottom