• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Korean Paper Reports China Has Deployed 150,000 Troops To North Korea Border

Status
Not open for further replies.
1mbTTAK.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/851767718248361986
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/851766546825347076

In case you didn't know: the 45th president of the United States of America, ladies and gentleman.

He even retweeted something from fox nation about someone in Syria naming their son Donald.

We are living in the twilight zone.

LOL.

Christ.

You guys know he's going to add himself to Rushmore, right?

I also hear he has plans to make 'tremendously big' improvements to the Statue of Liberty.

rjinaz

ok%20then..PNG

It sure feels like it.

I think I can understand this. These are people that are experiencing a living hell. Any help from anybody must seem life changing to them.

I can't be harsh on them.

Anyway, jesus at that USA USA Trump tweet. In 2017 we find out what happens when you give a bully the most powerful position in the entire world.

Amalthea

Banned
I always knew he's gonna do something worse than W.did with Iraq, I wasn't just sure whether he choses Iran or NK. I guess now we know. It feels almost like his Syria attack was just a test-run for his attack on NK, wich is what worried me the most about all the supportive responses he earned with that.

zethren

Banned
The media, and anyone in general, cheering on the military efforts of Donald Trump ought to be ashamed. It's going to lead to more military action if he believes it is what will give him good press and praise.

This is probably the worst factor concerning his strike on Syria.

I think I can understand this. These are people that are experiencing a living hell. Any help from anybody must seem life changing to them.

Anyway, jesus at that USA USA Trump tweet. In 2017 we find out what happens when you give a bully the most powerful position in the entire world.

I'm not dissing the people that the article is referring to, just Trump for egotistically re-tweeting it.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
The media, and anyone in general, cheering on the military efforts of Donald Trump ought to be ashamed. It's going to lead to more military action if he believes it is what will give him good press and praise.

This is probably the worst factor concerning his strike on Syria.

Cause America can't
No America can't say no
And if America says
If America says it's so
It's so

Lol, what are you saying?

Also I don't think those tweets are bad, China needs to be publicly embarrassed into doing something because no one else can do anything about NK's nuclear arsenal.

China really can't do anything overt about it because NK's nukes can hit them as well. And I don't think China cares that much about the trade deals either to risk nuclear war for them. Really the best option for NK is to promote and convince people close to Kim Jung Un that his paranoia will eventually lead to their deaths regardless of if they actually act against him or not

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
China really can't do anything overt about it because NK's nukes can hit them as well. And I don't think China cares that much about the trade deals either to risk nuclear war for them. Really the best option for NK is to promote and convince people close to Kim Jung Un that his paranoia will eventually lead to their deaths regardless of if they actually act against him or not
Well, something's gonna happen because Kim is threatening the US. Sadly, there are not many options. The risk factor is way too high because of SK being its neighbour and the US can fuck it up real bad. Also, how do you even convince the NK people when the whole country is isolated from the rest of the world? NK is heavily dependent on China and even sanctions will get the message across, but will they do it?

Hermii

Do you honestly think China wants to risk nuclear war with the US? NK is a threat in large part because their leader is incredibly unstable and irrational
If NK nukes anyone, it's much more likely to be one of their neighbors. If things escalate to exchange of nukes, you never know what can happen.

ok%20then..PNG

It sure feels like it.

Goddamn this is some reprehensible shit. Never surprised by conservatives.

Fox Nation.

Syrians have experienced horrors on an unfathomable scale for years and years. Grateful Syrians... for fucking what. I bet they're real grateful for that chickenshit missile strike.

edit: not directed at you, rjinaz

Yeah, this is a pretty big deal. On some level it's interesting that the Chinese seem more amenable to dealing with Trump than they did with Obama.

Obviously, they're sick of Un's actions but that's been the case for a while. Perhaps the missile strike sent a firm signal and coupled with the Xi talks have led to increased cooperation. The fact that China is going to replace the shortfall with American coal is a huge short term win for Trump.
They simply know they can outmaneuver the Trump administration far more easily than the Obama administration. I mean, Putin practically has strings on Trump at this point. Who better to negotiate with then a puppet?

wandering

Banned
Lol, what are you saying?

Also I don't think those tweets are bad, China needs to be publicly embarrassed into doing something because no one else can do anything about NK's nuclear arsenal.

I'm not sure Xi is going to be embarrassed by a couple of tweets

Chittagong

Gold Member
If this posturing somehow leads to the liberation of North Korea together with China, Trump will be good in my books. Lovely country with lovely people, they deserve a chance.

And this comes from someone who generally disapproves US exporting democracy via the means of war.

https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/851846459708379139

https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/851846055805296641

How delightful. A part of me assumes this is all just posturing, but who knows with the current administration.

The thing that freaks me out about Trump is that even according to him we could wake up tomorrow and find out we're in an all out war with NK:

I have been worried about his plans for North Korea ever since this part of his press conference.

Link to the NK section.

The thing that freaks me out about Trump is that even according to him we could wake up tomorrow and find out we're in an all out war with NK:

Yea, no kidding. Scary stuff.

Pretty ironic how that Syria strike played out after all his 'blah blah I don't have to tell you/sneak attack' talk though.

If you live on the west coast of the US I would seriously consider evacuating.

I'm not joking.
The Pacific Northwest is going to be the best place in America to survive when climate change puts us in a nationwide drought and heat wave.

You've got to pick where you're ready to die because of Trump, interventionism, and capitalism.

The North has conducts exercises constantly and has attacked the south directly, like the shelling of Yeonpyeong. As for the US tearing up treaties, North Korea has repeatedly violated them by, among other things, refusing access to inspectors and conducting nuclear tests. They had no interest in being transparent:

http://www.economist.com/node/12791910
https://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/agreedframework

You can't normalize relations with the North Korea - their entire regime rests on their hatred of the west/SK/everyone else. It's the living embodiment of "We have always been at war with Eurasia". They also have no interest in disarmament as they know they can hang with the big boys when they acquire ICBMs.

You completely ignored the context of the inspection incident. The IAEA, SK and US were advocating for the most intensive inspections of nuclear facilities, far exceeding the standard measures required by the NPT.

The shelling of Yeonpyeong was done due to NK unilaterally changing its own borders, which it has done in the past. Yet, why would it have a reason to fire if the South weren't performing a military exercise there, TWELVE KILOMETRES from the NK coastline? If I started a huge bonfire inches away from your backyard fence, you're telling me you wouldn't get mad?

How is their whole regime based on hatred of the west/SK/everyone when it agreed to ratify the NPT (albeit 5 years later than the deadline, which was admittedly dodgy), admit to Japanese kidnappings, organise numerous reunions of families with SK, host Madeleine Albright and attempt to get a treaty signed? Am I really a part of some weird defence force if I think the best way to talk someone down is to TALK with them?

You completely ignored the context of the inspection incident. The IAEA, SK and US were advocating for the most intensive inspections of nuclear facilities, far exceeding the standard measures required by the NPT.

The shelling of Yeonpyeong was done due to NK unilaterally changing its own borders, which it has done in the past. Yet, why would it have a reason to fire if the South weren't performing a military exercise there, TWELVE KILOMETRES from the NK coastline? If I started a huge bonfire inches away from your backyard fence, you're telling me you wouldn't get mad?

How is their whole regime based on hatred of the west/SK/everyone when it agreed to ratify the NPT (albeit 5 years later than the deadline, which was admittedly dodgy), admit to Japanese kidnappings, organise numerous reunions of families with SK, host Madeleine Albright and attempt to get a treaty signed? Am I really a part of some weird defence force if I think the best way to talk someone down is to TALK with them?

That all makes sense if you think it's worth talking down Kim Jong un again only to have this same shit or worse happen later on down the road when he does have perfected icbm technology? It wouldn't shock me if the world was getting tired of uns shit and want to just make him go away forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom