• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

I just fought
Al Gore and I laughed out loud during the first part when he used his slide show.. My wife just looked at me funny.
Anyways this game is hilarious!

Ogni-XR21

I marathoned it last weekend. All I'm missing is the last homeless guy and one of the hide 'n' seek kids, don't know if there's any quest I missed though.

Loved every minute of it, I really hope there will be DLC. It's certainly a dream come true for anyone who likes South Park and old school round based rpgs.

Man this game. Big South Park fan and it's pretty much perfect - a good balance between cinematics and gameplay, the story is brilliant, the humour spot on and it really doesn't water the shows dark humour down at all.

The scene at the end of night two was hilarious and totally unexpected - no way I saw that coming in an American game where sex is usually quite censored. In tears.

Onto day three now and just finished the
Al Gore
fight, the first time since the start of the game where I felt challenged. Perhaps that's my only negative.

I have been doing most side quests though. I'm already at 10hrs and a level 13. Just love checking out everything there is to see, so making fairly slow progress but loving every minute!

Replicant

Everything else has been so good that it's unfortunate the QTE tutorials makes me want to throw my controller away. FFS, I like Heavy Rain and its QTEs but I've never in my life experienced a QTE as frustrating as the one in this game. Okay, maybe the ones in RE4 but that's because it happened suddenly and unexpected. This? This is just frustrating.

But anyway, I have question. I haven't completed
The Al Gore mission before I got abducted and anal probe'd. Would I be able to complete it later? I couldn't figure out how to cross the sewer gap in my first day.

JustinBB7

Everything else has been so good that it's unfortunate the QTE tutorials makes me want to throw my controller away. FFS, I like Heavy Rain and its QTEs but I've never in my life experienced a QTE as frustrating as the one in this game. Okay, maybe the ones in RE4 but that's because it happened suddenly and unexpected. This? This is just frustrating.

But anyway, I have question. I haven't completed
The Al Gore mission before I got abducted and anal probe'd. Would I be able to complete it later? I couldn't figure out how to cross the sewer gap in my first day.

You can finish that whenever yea.

Yeah the instructions are stupid.
You basically just need to hold the right stick down, forget the left stick, and then move the right stick up when it says to.

I got it yeah, the problem was originally I thought that I had to continuously rock the left stick back and forth because that's the motion on the screen. Then I thought I had to go left or right until I found it, but it kept fucking up. Turns out I have to keep the left stick more or less to the edges of the stick boundaries, treating it as a circle, rather than a line.

Use Jimmy's other ability; it buffs your team and debuffs the enemy team. This made the fight very easy.

Don't the fighters have the rushambo, don't know if spelled right, ability? Thought that ignored armor or something.

Remember too for armor it's small quick strikes and shields it's heavy strikes..........or is it the other way around....

My lvl 8 thief was having a hard time with Gore too.

I got it yeah, the problem was originally I thought that I had to continuously rock the left stick back and forth because that's the motion on the screen. Then I thought I had to go left or right until I found it, but it kept fucking up. Turns out I have to keep the left stick more or less to the edges of the stick boundaries, treating it as a circle, rather than a line.

That part really pissed me off, I didn't even notice the small ass triangle on the edge of the oval until I was a good deal into the game................

Just finished the game, oh boy what a fun ride. Tbh, I think the game have appropriate length. I don't think it should be any longer as many people wanted. Also the game is super easy even in hardest difficulty because at the end game some of your partners are ridiculously overpowered.

What I don't like is there are many missable collectibles in the game and I don't think I want to start over again just to collect everything.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
The button mashing in this game is really frustrating. Has anyone actually
beaten Cartman in that fart duel? I had to use a large health potion each round with my fighter to take him down because he would repeat the annoying flame fart every turn and eat up half my health

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
beaten Cartman in that fart duel? I had to use a large health potion each round with my fighter to take him down because he would repeat the annoying flame fart every turn and eat up half my health

I wasn't aware it was possible to fail that. I don't know what to say. Just mash X. If you're not mashing X fast enough you're gonna have a bad time.

jonno394

I finished STick of truth and was curious why I never came across this fight, only just realised it's because of the choice i made on day 2. I stand by my decision :)

edit: End game spoiler

I was half expecting Carman to be the one to betray us at the end, when Kenny did It I just Lol'd and then when Morgan Freeman appeared I was crying

I never beat him in the fart duel either. Took too much effort and after that alien probe thing I was over rapidly pushing A again for this game unless I had to. I just took the damage.

I finished STick of truth and was curious why I never came across this fight, only just realised it's because of the choice i made on day 2. I stand by my decision :)

Well Kyle pretty much does the same thing with the leaf blower attack. Just took the damage there too.

Marjar

Banned

Really? Maybe I'm just good at button mashing but I found that really easy.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Finished the game a few days ago and loved it. I will go back and replay it as another class in the future. I think the length was just about perfect for me about 15 hours. This is now my favorite turn based RPG this generation. It made me laugh so many times it was just a blast to play.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I wasn't aware it was possible to fail that. I don't know what to say. Just mash X. If you're not mashing X fast enough you're gonna have a bad time.

Really? Maybe I'm just good at button mashing but I found that really easy.

Randy's anal probe also gave me some trouble but I passed it after a couple of tries, this one was impossible for me though. Maybe If I used my keyboard instead of the 360 Controller I'd have less trouble. I also play on Hardcore so that may bump up the difficulty of these button mashing sequences.

Randy's anal probe also gave me some trouble but I passed it after a couple of tries, this one was impossible for me though. Maybe If I used my keyboard instead of the 360 Controller I'd have less trouble. I also play on Hardcore so that may bump up the difficulty of these button mashing sequences.

I had trouble with the button mashing when I was trying to do it with my thumb. I ended up using a bic lighter, but you could use a pen or a spoon, and then just rub it back and forth over the button you need to mash.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I wonder if it's possible to actually succeed in inputting the controls for
the alien spaceship part where there's that joke where the console spits out a whole shitload of button inputs for you to copy at once.

Beardz

Finished the game, definetly one of my favorite games of all time. I hope the game sells a lot, they deserve it.

I wonder if it's possible to actually succeed in inputting the controls for
the alien spaceship part where there's that joke where the console spits out a whole shitload of button inputs for you to copy at once.

That part is just fucking impossible. Luckily there is no achievement attached to it. About button mashing, I didn't have problem with it either (on hard difficulty). I put the controller on the table and use index finger to mash it. Works every time.

Robin64

I guess there's no way to get the achievement for stunning five channeling enemies once you are post-game? It's the only one I have left.

Sorian

Banned
That part is just fucking impossible. Luckily there is no achievement attached to it. About button mashing, I didn't have problem with it either (on hard difficulty). I put the controller on the table and use index finger to mash it. Works every time.

System: A A B

Me: A A ...........Y

Take it in the ass Randy

Basomanb

Neo Member
Just finished the game.

Am I the only one who thinks that all the jokes (in cut scenes) in the game have been spoiled in the trailers?

Sorian

Banned
Just finished the game.

Am I the only one who thinks that all the jokes (in cut scenes) in the game have been spoiled in the trailers?

Maybe but all the jokes were also spoiled if you've watched a lot of the series. Everything was rehashed but it was rehashed really well.

erawsd

Man, looking back at the old trailers there really is a ton of stuff that didn't make the cut.

- Giant Clyde
- Woodland Critter Summons
- Half the town being blown to pieces
- The massive Braveheart-like battle over the SoT
- Some angry mounties and a song(?) during the Canada part
- All the original DLC gear and special attacks

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Just finished the game.

Not all but yeah quite a few.
Zombie Chef
is the one that sticks out as such a bullshit spoiler that should have been nowhere near any trailer.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Does Shelly have any good attacks or do anything interesting in that fight? Unfortunately when I fought her I one shot killed her so I never found out.

MG310

Al Gore is one strong son of a bitch.

Was there something you had to do to get that part of his quest to start? He's stuck saying the same thing over and over again in his hideout for me.

Finished it yesterday - pretty much ended up sticking with Princess Kenny as much as I could. Once you get weapons that cause bleeding along with his rats you can get every enemy up to 5 pretty quickly.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Was there something you had to do to get that part of his quest to start? He's stuck saying the same thing over and over again in his hideout for me.

I think it triggers after a certain part of the game, after you complete the first two phases of his quest. (Planting the lights thingies and planting the calculator thingy on the generator in the sewers.) IMO, by far the hardest boss in the game.

Used Butters as my buddy for most of the game, until I got Stan. He's pretty great.

MYE

My badass level 12 (Dark) Warrior.

S6eZu0n.jpg

Just started day 3 and I'm little over 10 hours. I love this game so much!

Top Bottom