• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Grimsen

Have had this on preorder since E3. Can't wait to play.

I haven't been watching much SP these last few years, but the console wars trilogy got me back in! :D

Grief.exe

Wow we are really only a week away from this game?

With both this and RE4 coming out, essentially, the same week I will be pretty swamped with awesome games.

Still says March 6th on Steam for me btw :/

You will be able to VPN and enjoy the game earlier.

Mr.Fresh

This game comes out next week????!!!! Dammmm I've been working so much time flew! I gotta pick this up when I get paid next week. Any sales??

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Now that Thief is confirmed to be meh I can go forward and preorder this! Can't wait!

I hope the battles are as addicting as they were in Paper Mario. If they are, then I might be doing more then 1 playthrough for this. If the sidequests take long enough to do, then I might not even need a 2nd playthrough to be satisfied.

Ha! I dig that a lot, nice work.

damn, if i wasnt god awful at photoshop i would put a cartman hat on everyone lol.

Thanks. Took me a while to figure out how to change my avatar for this game.

Grimsen

Futureshop is selling the Collector's edition for the price of the regular. Still overpriced at 65$, but regular edition preorders are also getting bumped up to Grand Wizard.

Goddamn, now I need to buy the game as a blood sacrifice for Derrick. Why was he permd?

Also that Q&A in the OP is godlike.

because his reputation always caused derails, to the point that people would specifically call him out as if he represented all detractors of certain games

dreamfall

OT is god tier. That title! Pour it out for Derrick.

Obsidian lives on - his love and effusive praise for their titles will never be forgotten.

because his reputation always caused derails, to the point that people would specifically call him out as if he represented all detractors of certain games

Ok, thanks. I remember him praising Knack over 3D World some time ago.... Ok, enough Derrick talk, even beyond his grave he derails threads.

Paskil

So ridiculously hyped for a legitimate South Park game. So much awful garbage before this. it's already the best game adaptation of the IP, simply by merit of Matt and Trey heavily involved. Toss in motherfucking Obsidian and you have potential GOTY.

RIP Derrick

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
Omg that op. Fuckin brilliant. I haven't preordered a game in over 3 years. I'm sorely tempted by this. South Park, Obsidion, traditional turn based jrpg combat. Very, very tempted indeed.

Incidentally, any mention of approx main story length?

I gotta say, the last few rounds of videos and previews has pushed from "meh, no thanks" to most likely going to buy this.

Does anyone know any good pre-order deals for PC on GMG or otherwise? I would've pre-ordered already if they would've at least offered some sort of discount, but considering the pre-order price is the full retail price, I figure I may as well just wait for reviews. If there's any sort of deal going on right now, I would bite.

Goddard

Anyone else disapointed by what seems so far to be extremely rudimentary gameplay? I was excited about this game before the first gameplay was released (the gameplay involving playing as the jew class,) but seeing all the "Press A to combat" is bothering me. I don't mind games with simple gameplay, but the fact that it is simple and there a constant on-screen prompts to tell you what to do is rustling my jimmies.

Hell yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

iRngLuAvrZW3X.gif

i00Yukg80ZCaH.gif

Derrick will live on in the hearts and minds of those who care. Which is apparently a lot of people.

Anyway, I'll grab this soon and stream it to my Shield =D

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wheres my key GMG? :(

Im so hyped for this

faq13qaa.png

Question: Are people actually excited for a South Park videogame? That IP doesn't scream fun gameplay to me.

Question: Why is everyone preordering that South Park game in the first place without even knowing whether the gameplay is fun at all? There's no reason to buy it day one

Question: Are South Park game nominations a running joke in the industry or something? How do they always pop up on various lists?

Question: Huh ... people are more excited for South Park over MGSV? That sounds odd.

Question: No one is saying South Park won't be a good game, but come on. Do you really think the core gaming crowd is going to consider that the most anticipated game of 2014? If you do, you're clueless and out of touch with the pulse of the gaming.

Question: South Park? Really?

Wow, this game looks awful. Also, totally unnecessary rape jokes. Of course.

derrick2febfh.png
[/INDENT]

I fucking love you, Dawg. And yeah, I'm actually with Derrick01 on all of those points. I played Titanfall, I see a lot of fun in that but multiplayer games aren't my thing so South Park is what I more want. South Park should not be discredited just because it's a licensed game, some of my favourite games are licensed when enough love and care is given to them (Starbreeze games, Batman: Arkham, Cool Spot, Aladdin/Lion King).

-MD-

PewDiePie humor + South Park humor

Should be interesting. :p

The least funny thing in the world combined with one of the funniest.

I didn't watch the vids to avoid spoils but I imagine they cancel each other out pretty well.

Verelios

Excited for this game.

Good fucking riddance to Derrick
Come on, at least he articulated why he didn't like various games. It wasn't drive by shit posting or things completely out of left field. They were legitimate concerns, that although could be called pedantic, did facilitate discussion. May he rest in pizzeace.

Game looks hilarious on that note. Hoping to become a Jew.

A pseudo-elite poster who was overshadowed by his reputation to the point it got him banned (more than a few times), but also now a special spot on a OT subtitle.

To me, he is an example of a forum phenomenon where if one sticks to a position (primarily a negative one, since there is a bias towards negativity) long enough, people will shift the overall environment so as to make that person a pillar of the discussion, i.e., elevating their reputation and input without requiring them to also provide some construction to go along with their destruction. I mean to say, someone can repeat "this is bad, I don't like it", dressed up with some bandwagon-ish terms, over and over again, and it will eventually be legitimized as the yang to the fans' ying. For example, if you were reading Metal Gear Rising (or Yakuza, etc.) threads you may remember one certain poster who constantly crapped on the game, thread after thread, with mostly superficial or poorly supported thoughts; despite never saying anything of substance (or to be more generous, anything anyone responded positively to or was challenged by), that poster was naturally name dropped constantly.

For Derrick this happened to such a degree where his mere presence would derail threads of multiple topics.

His final ban was more or less for thread complaining, and it was clearly the final straw and totally justifiable. But I still feel that in general, he just knew (or thought he knew) what he liked and didn't like, and for some reason people fixated on his bitching. He said a lot of fairly throwaway stuff, just often in inflamatory ways, and for some reason that was worth turning him into the topic of conversation. I can't say I believe he bears the sole burden for that.

Anyways, yeah, let's not let him derail from beyond the grave. It makes a funny satirical OT, though.

Anyone else disapointed by what seems so far to be extremely rudimentary gameplay? I was excited about this game before the first gameplay was released (the gameplay involving playing as the jew class,) but seeing all the "Press A to combat" is bothering me. I don't mind games with simple gameplay, but the fact that it is simple and there a constant on-screen prompts to tell you what to do is rustling my jimmies.

Have we seen extended gameplay past the start of the game? I'm expecting prompts to go away, sort of like I'm hoping the game gets more complex as you control more characters.

Milennia

i was originally going to go with the jew class, but have ultimately decided to go with the mage.
i prefer casters however i hope they dont work like the enemies do in the sense that you have to position yourself behind your party because your super squishy (probably not the case).

i thought the jew class was going to be a caster, but the latest videos prove that isnt the case =/

-MD-

i was originally going to go with the jew class, but have ultimately decided to go with the mage.
i prefer casters however i hope they dont work like the enemies do in the sense that you have to position yourself behind your party because your super squishy (probably not the case).

I'm probably going with thief for my first playthrough, hoping it's a rogue type class with high offense and low defense. Jew will probably have a lot of exclusive jokes so I'll save that for my 2nd playthrough.

Top Bottom