• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

Terra_Ex

Fantastic OT and title. Always enjoyed Derrick's posts, pessimism and negativity included his views often mirrored my own. Looking forward to the game, haven't ordered it yet but I should probably get around that sharpish.

Milennia

I think the one that's being sold on the shop is the 3" figure. The one that comes with the Grand Wizard Edition is the 6" figure. So yeah, it's the fatter, big-boned version of Cartman.

Wtf i didn't notice that lol.
Everything is exactly the same, even down to the packaging.

If this is the case (hopefully it is and not just a mistake on their part) I'm in for a more "big boned" cartman.

Replicant

Wtf i didn't notice that lol.
Everything is exactly the same, even down to the packaging.

I was actually wondering like you when I first stumbled upon Kidrobot's site. I thought "LOL, why would I buy the special edition then?" And then I saw that Kidrobot's figurine is 3 inches instead of 6 inches and I was somewhat disappointed. I'll still get the whole 3 inches collection one day. But I want that fatass 6 inches version too.

Milennia

I was actually wondering like you when I first stumbled upon Kidrobot's site. I thought "LOL, why would I buy the special edition then?" And then I saw that Kidrobot's figurine is 3 inches instead of 6 inches and I was somewhat disappointed. I'll still get the whole 3 inches collection one day. But I want that fatass 6 inches version too.

Yeah if its exclusive to the collectors i prefer the big ass cartman lol.

Paskil

As much as I love South Park, I couldn't do it. If they included a steelcase with the map as an insert, they would have gotten my sale.

Milennia

I wonder if this will be worth $60 on release. Seems there are no early/leaked reviews.

The previews are glowing, so thats what we have to go on for now.
If your a fan of the series I'm sure you will also have your own value of the game to an extent on top of the reviews.

Seems like pure fan service, which is awesome for such a beloved series.

Actually really excited for this. Love the advertisement bit at the end of the Black Friday episodes.
The questions that Derrick answered were they from people on gaf?
They seem very negatively inclined to the game.

Subscribed. Great OT, but I feel no sympathy towards the deceased.

He was a consistent pillar of negativity in every single topic of discussion he participated in.

JDSN

Banned
Was the F.A.Q actually made by him? Congrats if it isnt, that particular brand of impertinence is hard to pull off.

Milennia

Reading e ign preview again, I'm just going to quote something they said which i hadn't realized until now-
"If its first couple hours are any indication, then we may one day soon look back on The Stick of Truth as the best and most authentic licensed game ever made."

Never really thought about it, but yeah.. I guess this would be the first great licensed game.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
How easy is it to unlock the game early if you are in the EU?

Log4Girlz

Reading e ign preview again, I'm just going to quote something they said which i hadn't realized until now-
"If its first couple hours are any indication, then we may one day soon look back on The Stick of Truth as the best and most authentic licensed game ever made."

Never really thought about it, but yeah.. I guess this would be the first great licensed game.

Is it really licensed though? The creators made this happen and were heavily involved

rdrr gnr

They sold me with the Jew class advert and apparently there are rape jokes? Glad to see they are sticking to their guns and keeping it politically incorrect as possible. Will be picking this up.
A pseudo-elite poster who was overshadowed by his reputation to the point it got him banned (more than a few times), but also now a special spot on a OT subtitle.

To me, he is an example of a forum phenomenon where if one sticks to a position (primarily a negative one, since there is a bias towards negativity) long enough, people will shift the overall environment so as to make that person a pillar of the discussion, i.e., elevating their reputation and input without requiring them to also provide some construction to go along with their destruction. I mean to say, someone can repeat "this is bad, I don't like it", dressed up with some bandwagon-ish terms, over and over again, and it will eventually be legitimized as the yang to the fans' ying. For example, if you were reading Metal Gear Rising (or Yakuza, etc.) threads you may remember one certain poster who constantly crapped on the game, thread after thread, with mostly superficial or poorly supported thoughts; despite never saying anything of substance (or to be more generous, anything anyone responded positively to or was challenged by), that poster was naturally name dropped constantly.

For Derrick this happened to such a degree where his mere presence would derail threads of multiple topics.
Goddamn.
Also the truth.
I miss Derrick
You must not spend much time in the gaming section. He bogged down every thread he was in.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Oh man dat thread title, FAQ and Derricks's avatar in the banners has me dying. Good job :lol

Edit: Oh and i'm in the #FreeDerrick camp, always liked this guy. It's not like he hated everything and didn't explain why... he always answered all questions when people quoted him and i loved his latest tag. RIP in peace.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
So does anyone think that this will be worth the $60?

To me it looks like it's going to be funny and the battle system looks great so far I think.
So I would say so, although I guess it could be utter crap, still potential for that I think as well, we haven't seen that much of it.

Maedhros

This thread is fucking great. The first person on this forum that I've put on my ignore list was banned. He's certainly the epitome of a negative poster, I don't remember a thing that he actually liked... I don't even know if he likes Deus Ex, lol.

Oh, and the game is looking good too.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Rushing to finish up some games in my ridiculous backlog right now for this and soon after that Infamous. Good month comin up.

Hubble

This game genuinely holds my interest more than any other in quite sometime preordering. It looks amazing and the whole package. RPGs are severely lacking and this has everything (graphics, humor, a RPG, uniqueness to it, etc.,) and holds my special attention. This game looks refreshing compared to the rehashed CODs, Assassins Creeds, etc and with little fresh RPGs out. We have to support these kind of ventures, so preorder! FYI, you get a $10 XBL card by preordering online from the Microsoft store. I think that's the best deal I've seen.

The OT needs to be updated with a clarification of the "censorship" details pertaining to each region.

Rumour has it that certain regions will not have the Swastika symbol present in certain scenes for example.

I think it'd be useful to get some clarification on that part so that we can be better informed as to which versions would be best to obtain the complete, uncut and uncensored version of the game.

Aspiring

Great OP!

Just a question, does anyone know if the 360 version is region locked? I am going to buy a copy from the US for my brother as to not get the gimped Australian version, and am wondering if anyone knows or should I just get him the PS3 version to be safe?

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm... Still not sure about this game. I need some impressions first. The Paper Mario style battle system is a plus!

Great OP!

Just a question, does anyone know if the 360 version is region locked? I am going to buy a copy from the US for my brother as to not get the gimped Australian version, and am wondering if anyone knows or should I just get him the PS3 version to be safe?

Has it been censored?

rjinaz

Hmmm... Still not sure about this game. I need some impressions first. The Paper Mario style battle system is a plus!

Has it been censored?

Well there are plenty of them. I suggest watching the game play videos on youtube from PewDiePie. If they don't sell you nothing will.

Top Bottom