• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Stick of Truth |OT| Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (In select regions)

adj_noun

i was originally going to go with the jew class, but have ultimately decided to go with the mage.
i prefer casters however i hope they dont work like the enemies do in the sense that you have to position yourself behind your party because your super squishy (probably not the case).

I'm going mage both because it intrudes on Cartman's "Grand Wizard" turf and I really want to see how they LARP all the spells.

Mookow

Fucking lost it at the Mr Slave GIF. I'm trying to contain myself, but it's not working. Next week hurry up pls.

I'm probably going with thief for my first playthrough, hoping it's a rogue type class with high offense and low defense. Jew will probably have a lot of exclusive jokes so I'll save that for my 2nd playthrough.

This is exactly my plan. I generally prefer assassin/thief type characters when I play RPGs.

I'm probably going with thief for my first playthrough, hoping it's a rogue type class with high offense and low defense. Jew will probably have a lot of exclusive jokes so I'll save that for my 2nd playthrough.

Gonna do much the same, except starting with Mage.

I'm fairly confident 80% of first playthroughs will be as Jew.

Come on, at least he articulated why he didn't like various games. It wasn't drive by shit posting or things completely out of left field. They were legitimate concerns, that although could be called pedantic, did facilitate discussion. May he rest in pizzeace.

Game looks hilarious on that note. Hoping to become a Jew.

Neogaf is great place for news and for finding a community for certain games. The OT is also great for laughs and bullshiting. For actual discussion, the forums are pretty awful, especially if your opinion differs from the majority.

Thankfully there's been some good releases lately otherwise the wait for this game would be unbearable. It's been one my most anticipated games for quite a while now. The only thing else I want to know is how the PS3/360 versions compare. Decided on the PS3 version for pre-order. Hoping both versions are essentially the same.

Probably going to roll with the Thief or Jew class first. Though I guess it doesn't really matter since I'm probably going to play through this one more than once just to hear all the dialog.

RPGCrazied

Can't wait. Have we got how long the game is about? I hear 12 hours. I guess we have to wait on reviews. I hope its a little longer than that.

Your OP is hilarious.

I have this pre-ordered on Steam. I'm on spring break about a week after this comes out so I'm expecting to play a ton of this. Really looking forward to it.

I don't know who Derrick is (well didn't before this thread) but he's spot on in his comments in the OP.

MGSV Ground Zeroes is €10 more expensive on consoles than this game is on pc here in Europe. Nuff said.

Can't wait, I hope I'll be able to unlock it on March 4.

Im a big fan of South park and Obsidian but will sadly have to probably wait to get it sometime in the future instead of right now.
Ubisoft taking away european dubs after THQ planned having them since the start doesn't help the situation either.

But I hope the game turns out great and people have a fun time, will be reading some of the impressions here.

Also the whole OP was really funny with the derrick joke, I didn't even knew he was perma until now. I didn't like too much the majority of times he opened his mouth to say some radical opinion (even if sometimes I was of the same opinion as him) but in some strange way I never felt I had to put him under the ignore list like some other people doing similar things. Maybe at the end I found all his negativity a little entertaining. Well, may he RIP.

Milennia

I'm going mage both because it intrudes on Cartman's "Grand Wizard" turf and I really want to see how they LARP all the spells.
didnt even think of how they would larp the spells, no im interested in that as well lol.
different types of elemental farts?

thats my deal as well.
i always go for top damage yet minimal defense characters, i also like ranged =p mage fits me pretty well.
most rogues in MMOs and rpgs play a very similar role, yet are melee obviously and usually have some more utility.

I *think* they are now. Back in the THQ days there was some 360 exclusive pre-order stuff (nothing major, your usual DLC knick knacks) but I think that went out the door. Other than that I don't know about any differences.

That's good to know. Forgot about the exclusive DLC that was mentioned. That must have been back when Matt and Trey were at the MS E3 conference.

Milennia

So have they actually explained how complex the gameplay gets past the early game?

nothing beyond summons and the prompts so far.
theres a ton we dont currently know im sure.

they have been pretty quiet about this game, everything that has been outed has been extremely controlled.

Is there going to be a Digital Foundry Face Off for the console vs PC comparisons? :p

Would I be happy getting the 360 version?

These are important questions.
because my laptop is crapping out on me :(

Green Yoshi

Are there side-missions? I read somewhere that you can complete the game in 12 hours.

Is the UK-version uncut or do I have to import the US-version? I heard rumours that there are no swastikas in the PEGI-versions.

Stimpack

I can't believe this is actually coming out, finally.

I wasn't a huge fan of Derrick, and I don't entirely understand the fame (infamy), but it's a shame that he's gone. Sorry, duder.

Really looking forward to this. I just hope the censored German version only removes swastikas and other nazi symbolism. Do we have any new information on the various versions?

Come on, at least he articulated why he didn't like various games. It wasn't drive by shit posting or things completely out of left field. They were legitimate concerns, that although could be called pedantic, did facilitate discussion.

He did not always do that, though. I've seen my share of annoying drive by posts by him.

As someone said above, he did not get his thread derailing reputation by being reasonable.

Going white thief, though jew is very, very tempting. My roommate is going jew on his first playthrough, and I imagine most others will as well.

Corto

Are there side-missions? I read somewhere that you can complete the game in 12 hours.

Is the UK-version uncut or do I have to import the US-version? I heard rumours that there are no swastikas in the PEGI-versions.

No Swastikas?! Motherfucking censorship nazis!

Nintyb

Banned
This will likely be my GOTY as I'm a big fan of the show. My only worry is that it will be too short and no replay value.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Yes really hyped for this one, although I have to wait another three days :(
But poor derick. I guess he deserved it, but he was still my favorite poster

Founds some character cards/descriptions from South Park's Twitter

BhQ0KUKCQAAfhmK.jpg

Bg4OrmSCUAADBMg.jpg

proxy.jpg

proxy.jpg

proxy.jpg

proxy.jpg

Goddard

Have we seen extended gameplay past the start of the game? I'm expecting prompts to go away, sort of like I'm hoping the game gets more complex as you control more characters.
I hope so too, I love South Park, but I don't think I could bring myself to play a game with button prompts like that.

A little internet sleuthing (err maybe stalking) shows that Derrick01 had another account before that was also permed. It is quite funny because his old account was banned in a thread where he was decrying the elitism of others. He then came back as one the most narrow minded and elitist posters on this board, constantly raging against dumbing down and the lowest common denominator. Just shows how often elitism is posturing and how cynicism breeds more cynicism.

Vamphuntr

Ya I see that. I ordered it this afternoon, maybe they ran out? As other people said, other stores had the same prices.

I ordered at Futureshop.ca instead for the same price. On FS it's a promo where you get the LE at the same price as the regular edition for a limited time only. I guess they must have ran out on amazon. I guess UBI printed too many CE.

Replicant

Just a heads up.

http://www.kidrobot.com/ShopAll/Des...tickofTruthCollectibleGrandWizardCartman.html
The cartman figure is only 10$ and the fellowship pack is the pre order bonus for all copies, so essentially if you pay full price for the CE, your paying an extra 10$ for what I'm guessing is just a paper map.

I would wait for a deal at around 70$ to pick it up.

That amazon.ca deal is great.

I think the one that's being sold on the shop is the 3" figure. The one that comes with the Grand Wizard Edition is the 6" figure. So yeah, it's the fatter, big-boned version of Cartman.

Top Bottom