• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SpaceX Attempting 1st Stage Landing After Rocket Launch (AKA Crazy Space Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
AGChkrz.gif

That's a game changer and complete validation of the concept.

I thought they'd do it (it's one of the reasons I interviewed there 2.5 years ago!), but it's fantastic to see it happen.

One of the coolest things I've seen in my life.

I really hope this gets at least as much press as the botched Miss Universe pageant does tomorrow.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
This is crazy...

So, this is the first time this attempt was successful? I remember hearing about this some time ago, but nobody has done this yet right? Pretty amazing.

Jezbollah

So just to emphasize.

Return to flight.
Ninja, superchilled fuel giving 30% MOAR POWER.
Night flight return to fucking land.

Elon Musk is a BOSS. Literally :D

This is crazy...

So, this is the first time this attempt was successful? I remember hearing about this some time ago, but nobody has done this yet right? Pretty amazing.
Correct.

Rockets have been sent up and landed in tests before, but nobody's ever sent up a first stage that did its job and then came back in one piece.

Well, nobody until tonight.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
This is crazy...

Of this sort, yes. SpaceX has done some test landings, and Jeff Bezos' company managed a landing, but this is the first one during an actual mission, from that height, for that size rocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom