• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spanish Festival Cancels Jewish-American's Act Over Not Endorsing Palestinian State

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.timesofisrael.com/spanis...ig-over-refusal-to-endorse-palestinian-state/

Spanish music festival demanded Jewish-American reggae star Matisyahu endorse Palestinian statehood, and then canceled his upcoming show after the singer declined, Spanish media reported Saturday.

Festival organizers were driven by intense pressure from the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement, the reports said. Artists scheduled to perform at the event threatened to cancel their appearances if Matisyahu were to perform because he was “seen to represent Israel.”

The organizers gave Matisyahu an ultimatum, telling him if he would “sign such a declaration [publicly affirming his support for the Palestinians, he] can perform,” according to Spanish daily, El Pais (Spanish Link).

Although not Israeli, Matisyahu has visited and performed in the Jewish state multiple times.

In a statement on Facebook, Rototom organizers said that the move was linked to “the festival’s sensitivity to Palestine, its people and the occupation of its territory by Israel.”

Local BDS activists welcomed the move after accusing the Jewish rapper of being a “Zionist” and “defending a state that practices apartheid and ethnic cleansing” on a link posted on his Facebook page.

Matisyahu will be replaced by Jamaican reggae artist Etana.

Matisyahu, who was raised a Reconstructionist Jew in West Chester, Pennsylvania, joined the Chabad movement in 2001 and burst onto the music scene in 2004 as a bearded, beat-boxing, Hasidic star. In 2011, he parted ways with Orthodox Judaism, but continues to perform internationally and maintains that his music still draws inspiration from Jewish religious sources.

Original Link in spanish
http://cultura.elpais.com/cultura/2015/08/15/actualidad/1439672129_522951.html

His facebook response:

"The festival organizers contacted me because they were getting pressure from the BDS movement. They wanted me to write a letter, or make a video, stating my positions on Zionism and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict to pacify the BDS people. I support peace and compassion for all people. My music speaks for itself, and I do not insert politics into my music. Music has the power to transcend the intellect, ideas, and politics, and it can unite people in the process. The festival kept insisting that I clarify my personal views; which felt like clear pressure to agree with the BDS political agenda. Honestly it was appalling and offensive, that as the one publicly Jewish-American artist scheduled for the festival they were trying to coerce me into political statements. Were any of the other artists scheduled to perform asked to make political statements in order to perform? No artist deserves to be put in such a situation simply to perform his or her art. Regardless of race, creed, country, cultural background, etc, my goal is to play music for all people. As musicians that is what we seek. - Blessed Love, Matis"

From the Festivals website:

In addition to promoting a variety of music, throughout our history we have placed particular emphasis on the promotion of the values which make it possible for a society to advance in the most just and fair way possible, nurturing in the small area, which year after year, becomes the festival area during Rototom Sunsplash, a different environment in which another world truly is possible.

From our very beginnings, the culture of peace has always been present in our way of understanding, not just in the festival, but in life in general. Due to this, and the possibilities we have had, we have developed all kinds of actions in order to demonstrate that, through volunteering, it really is possible to create efficient channels of communication and an alignment between different cultures and people from all over the world, regardless of race, religion, borders and perceived physical and ideological barriers.

As a result of our work in the promotion of a culuture of peace and non-violence we have had the honor of being recognised by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) as being an Exemplary Event, following the International Decade for the Culture of Peace and Non-violence.

With this recognition, UNESCO have shown consideration for our efforts in promoting multiculturalism and dialogue as a fundamental tool for the peaceful resolution of conflicts.

This has enabled us to grow exponentially over the last 22 years and become a global reference point as an alternative festival model, which gives us great pride, and also, a great responsibility to continue promoting sustainable cultural events in which people of all ages have the opportunity to live, share, learn and discover together through workshops, activities, food, music and cultural debates.

So a Jewish American who isn't Israeli can't perform unless he makes a political statement? He is American how can he been seen as a representative of Israel? This is frankly scary. Were any of the other artists forced to make this statement? Would we hold ever Muslim to a forced statement on their views on Isis? Christians on their views on abortion? etc

Madness

Anti-Semitism at it's finest here. This man has nothing do with the state of Israel, the government of Israel, or the people of Israel aside from the fact he's Jewish, and he needs to sign a public declaration endorsing the Palestinian state before he can perform.

Whatever you believe regarding the Palestine/Israel issue, this is wrong. And you're seeing it all over Europe where Jewish people are targeted or "held accountable" for what Israel does.

Edit: Seems he's been Pro-Israel in the past, taking public stances, that does change things a bit, because as we've seen with other socio-cultural issues, if you have beliefs that go contrary to an event organizers or what people believe, you are asked to recant or are stopped from coming. I still think it's wrong though to try and force a declaration before he can perform.

ivysaur12

Banned
What the hell? We shouldn't force Jewish people to take a public stance on Palestine or Israel in order to take part in society. Fuck that.

Ultima_5

Anti-Semitism at it's finest here. This man has nothing do with the state of Israel, the government of Israel, or the people of Israel aside from the fact he's Jewish, and he needs to sign a public declaration endorsing the Palestinian state before he can perform.

Whatever you believe regarding the Palestine/Israel issue, this is wrong. And you're seeing it all over Europe where Jewish people are targeted or "held accountable" for what Israel does.

this is what concerns me so much about how people view the isreal/palestein thing. i hate when people ask me my opinions on it.

Did they try to force all the other performers to sign similar statements? If not...they are simple racists.

According to his statement it doesn't seem like it was a requirement until the BDS people started pressuring them, specifically Matisyahu

. La cancelación se ha producido después de que el BDS País Valencià (Boicot, Desinversiones y Sanciones) haya iniciado hace unos días una campaña contra el artista judío, al que han acusado de "sionista" y de "justificar un Estado -Israel- que practica el apartheid y la limpieza étnica", según apuntaron en su página de Facebook.

Their facebook, the campaign was specifically at Matisyahu

https://www.facebook.com/pages/BDS-País-Valencià/117324538427908

coleco

From the spanish article:

A causa de la campaña iniciada por el BDS, cinco de los 250 artistas y ponentes que participan en el festival habían cancelado su presencia en el mismo, según ha informado la organización del Rototom. Estos son 'Pallasos en Rebeldía'; María Carrión, del festival de cine FiSahara; el activista saharaui Hassanna Aalia; el rapero saharaui Yslem Hijo del Desierto; y el director de cine Fernando García-Guereta. Todos ellos habían confirmado a los organizadores que no asistirán al festival ante la actuación de Matisyahu.

Desde el BDS del País Valencià habían criticado a la organización del certamen musical por acoger entre sus artistas a un cantante reggae judío "que ha encabezado festivales pro-sionistas, ha reconocido ser un "amante de Israel", y ha llegado a afirmar que "Palestina no existe".

Apparently 5 artists, some of saharaui origin, had already canceled their acts due to Matisyahu presence.

According to BDS, the org that started the campaign against his presence in the festival, Matisyahu had played at pro-sionist concerts and had publicly said 'Palestine doesn't exist'.

Never heard of the fella or the festival before this incident.

From the spanish article:

A causa de la campaña iniciada por el BDS, cinco de los 250 artistas y ponentes que participan en el festival habían cancelado su presencia en el mismo, según ha informado la organización del Rototom. Estos son 'Pallasos en Rebeldía'; María Carrión, del festival de cine FiSahara; el activista saharaui Hassanna Aalia; el rapero saharaui Yslem Hijo del Desierto; y el director de cine Fernando García-Guereta. Todos ellos habían confirmado a los organizadores que no asistirán al festival ante la actuación de Matisyahu.

Desde el BDS del País Valencià habían criticado a la organización del certamen musical por acoger entre sus artistas a un cantante reggae judío "que ha encabezado festivales pro-sionistas, ha reconocido ser un "amante de Israel", y ha llegado a afirmar que "Palestina no existe".

Apparently 5 artists, some of saharaui origin, had already canceled their acts due to Matisyahu presence.

According to BDS, the org that started the campaign against his presence in the festival, Matisyahu had played at pro-sionist concerts and had publicly said 'Palestine doesn't exist'.

Never heard of the fella or the festival before this incident.

This is his statement on "Palestine not existing"

It seems he's not that invested in the conflict and isn't politically active in it

Sun: Your lyrics often center around ending conflict and bloodshed. Where do you stand on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?
M: Well, as far as I understand, there was never a country called Palestine. There was the British occupation, but there was never a government. Palestine was a creation that was created within Israel, as Israel had already come about. That’s my understanding, but again, I’m not going to claim that I have the answer or the truth or the right knowledge. I’m a singer. I’m a musician, trying to find his own sense of balance in his own life, trying to write songs that inspire people. I love people and I love human beings, and I think if people could focus on that, it’d be great. But I have no answers as to who’s right and who’s wrong, and how we should deal with such huge issues that go back so far. All I know is that I have devout Muslim followers that love my music. To me, that’s what it’s about with modern people now, getting past who killed who, and knowing that God created this world in mercy. And if we could emulate that quality of mercy, we would be godly people.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Matisyahu is the fucking worst, any excuse to not get him is a good one.

But seriously, while I don't think this is particularly smart move, let's not pretend that the man didn't take very pro-Israeli stance in the past, including justifying straight up war crimes.

But nothing. He's an american performer who happens to be jewish, holding his stance on the palestinian/israeli conflict against him and not holding anyone else to the same standard is straight up prejudice.

Matisyahu is the fucking worst, any excuse to not get him is a good one.

But seriously, while I don't think this is particularly smart move, let's not pretend that the man didn't take very pro-Israeli stance in the past, including justifying straight up war crimes.

Is he a militant Zionist?
"No," he replies, adding tetchily: "What does that even mean? That's getting into bigger questions, and I'm not going to do that. I'm a musician. My whole purpose is to bring people together; it's not about focusing on negative stuff. I just happen to be in England and this [Gaza incident] happened and I see how completely one-sided it is. It's emotional to me because it feels so wrong: that's why I'm speaking about it. I feel there's a lot of anti-Israel sentiment in the world and a lot of ignorance about what Israel is and does. But it's not for me to speak on Israel's behalf."

He talked about the Gaza flotilla. Otherwise he's not making giant statements on Israel. I know your partial to BSD but they targeted because he's a jewish artist whose made comments about Israel. There is a mountain of anti-semtism in spain.

Nesotenso

The only way asking the artist to outline his stance makes sense is if he has publicly supported stances which go against the positions held by the festival organizers.

Outside of this whole festival issue, I am not in favor of asking members of any religious or other sort of group to come out in support of different issues.

But nothing. He's an american performer who happens to be jewish, holding his stance on the palestinian/israeli conflict against him and not holding anyone else to the same standard is straight up prejudice.

I'm fine with holding his - or anyone else's - stance on these types of issues to account. The thing is he's not shown to have laid down his stance at all.

Don't know why you're bringing up other artists at all though.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'm fine with holding his - or anyone else's - stance on these types of issues to account. The thing is he's not shown to have laid down his stance at all.

Don't know why you're bringing up other artists at all though.

Come on, you and I both know he's specifically being targeted because he's Jewish.

coleco

He talked about the Gaza flotilla. Otherwise he's not making giant statements on Israel. I know your partial to BSD but they targeted because he's a jewish artist whose made comments about Israel. There is a mountain of anti-semtism in spain.

You can't separate the Gaza flotilla from the israel-palestine conflict. It's not going to work, at least in spain.

RiZ III

Seems rather heavy handed on the organizer's part. I can understand asking musicians not to play in Israel as part of BDS, but targeting Jewish musicians everywhere is wrong and will only lead to a backlash.

It' seems like a shitty thing, though it cannot be said that he hasn't weighed in on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in the past. Granted his input can also be said to be influenced by his ethnicity, but for this situation at least, it cannot necessarily be said that the goal was to require him to weigh in on these things.

Acorn

Artists shouldn't of put organisers in that position, organisers shouldn't of folded and put the Jewish artist in this position. He may well believe in a 2 state solution, I don't know why it matters for a fucking music festival.

Even if the artist did believe that, he probably told them to get fucked on principle, I know I would. Strike at hardline Israelis by picking on a non Israeli jewish guy that doesn't even practice his religion anymore. Way to go...

Edit So yeah basically exactly what he said himself in his statement (missed that before i posted)

mr2xxx

Banned
Good to see the Palestinians getting some support. If he has indeed expressed pro zionists views then I don't see an issue, most people didn't have an issue with companies pulling their support from Trump due to his views, same thing here. Companies have the power and they will express it if your public views don't coincide with theirs.

• Organisers invite him but were unaware of his past comments on the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.
  • The BDS find out and begin to publicise his comments and pressurise the organisers to drop him.
  • Organisers are caught off-guard and ask him whats up, trying to find a way to appease the potential poor PR that may follow were they to allow him to perform. Hoping he'd give a less controversial viewpoint, he didn't want to get into it.
  • They decide its too much of a risk and drop him.

I don't think it was a case of them having a process by which they vet Jewish performers on their political viewpoint regarding the Israeli state. Rather, what is more likely to have occurred is a reaction on their part after learning of his past public comments.

Not a fan, but a variation of this seems to happen all the time in the States but with the sides reversed, especially when there's a conflict between Israel and somebody else. Anyone against Israel's actions always have to state whether they believe Israel has the right to exist as well as denounce 'terrorism' before being allowed to speak. Granted, it's mostly a fox news thing, sometimes CNN, but still.

Chichikov

I think it's acceptable to consider a person's political positions when deciding if you want them in your festival or not.
Again, I don't think they made the right decision here and I don't think it will help the BDS or their cause, quite the opposite actually, but I think you have every right to consider such things.

And I know you're partial to seeing antisemitism anywhere, but that festival had Jews performing before.
The BDS thought that pushing the festival to remove Matisyahu is going to help their political cause, I don't think they picked the right target here, but I'm finding the accusation of racism here to be a bit silly.

I think it's acceptable to consider a person's political positions when deciding if you want them in your festival or not.
Again, I don't think they made the right decision here and I don't think it will help the BDS or their cause, quite the opposite actually, but I think you have every right to consider such things.

And I know you're partial to seeing antisemitism anywhere, but that festival had Jews performing before.
The BDS thought that pushing the festival to remove Matisyahu is going to help their political cause, I don't think they picked the right target here, but I'm finding the accusation of racism here to be a bit silly.

• He was either prompted to give a stance because he was Jewish
OR

• He was asked to clear up his view because he's already given a public stance several years ago.
The latter is perfectly legitimate. I think the story in itself, however, gives the impression that a Jewish artist was randomly asked to make a political statement or have an invitation rescinded, hence the accusations of racism.

akira28

Is he a militant Zionist?

"No," he replies, adding tetchily: "What does that even mean? That's getting into bigger questions, and I'm not going to do that. I'm a musician. My whole purpose is to bring people together; it's not about focusing on negative stuff.

#TeamBDS

Guess what Matyshiu, shit gets negative, and its negative all over. People don't get the luxury to avoid it.

genjiZERO

That's a really shitty thing to do. If they wanted someone who was expressly pro-Palestine they should have vetting better from the get-go.

Jag

Anti-Semitic no matter how you look at it.

Ironic coming from Spain, the birthplace of the inquisition.

Late edit: Apparently they are ok with Capleton playing the festival.

Anti-hate campaigners have cited him as one of several Jamaican reggae artists whose songs promote killing or attacking homosexuals. The Southern Poverty Law Center lists Capleton as one of eight reggae artists responsible for a "murder music" trend in the genre

Sounds perfectly logical.

Anti-Semitic no matter how you look at it.

Ironic coming from Spain, the birthplace of the inquisition.

What if you look at it as a person who made problematic comments on the matter in the past that caused people to be concerned with his participation in the event?

Jag

What if you look at it as a person who made problematic comments on the matter in the past that caused people to be concerned with his participation in the event?

Problematic? Barely, but sure. If you are going to do the same thing with all the artists. Not single out the Jewish American. How about asking the homophobic reggae star about his songs that call for burning and murdering of gays and lesbians. That's only 1 other performer. I haven't even looked at the others.

Maybe other performers have made problematic comments in the past. If you don't think he was singled out for being Jewish you haven't been paying attention.

Disgusting, expected of the BDS movement but some Spanish festival shouldn't take part in their games. Do they ask Muslim musicians to sign statements condemning every controversial Islamic nation/ group, or endorsing the existence of an Israeli state?

Problematic? Barely, but sure. If you are going to do the same thing with all the artists. Not single out the Jewish American. How about asking the homophobic reggae star about his songs that call for burning and murdering of gays and lesbians. That's only 1 other performer. I haven't even looked at the others.

Maybe other performers have made problematic comments in the past. If you don't think he was singled out for being Jewish you haven't been paying attention.

Sure, why not ask the homophobic artist? I'd love to see that happen. Here though, the question was asked because people were threatening a boycott over this particular performer's viewpoints. If a similar boycott happened for the reggae artist, you bet your fern they'd get bumped.

The re-invited him

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/jewish-world-news/1.671962

Organizers of an international reggae festival in Spain have backtracked and apologized for cancelling a concert by Jewish-American singer Matisyahu because he had declined to state his position regarding a Palestinian state.

Rototom Sunsplash festival said in a statement Wednesday it publicly apologized for canceling the concert and invites Matisyahu to play as originally planned on Saturday.
It said it recognized its mistake, adding that it had been the fruit of pressure by a local branch of a pro-Palestinian group.

The change comes after the World Jewish Congress wrote to Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy protesting the incident. The government also slammed the festival's decision.

World   Jewish   Congress   (WJC)   President   Ronald   S.   Lauder and   Federation   of   Jewish  Communities  in  Spain  (FCJE)  President  Isaac  Querub  Caro welcomed the statement and the reinvitation.   “This  is  a  very  significant  and  welcome  decision,  and  we  thank  the  organizers   for   realizing   their  mistake  and   for   taking   the  necessary  steps   to   remedy  it.  However,  lessons  must  be  learned   from   this  affair,”  Lauder  and  Querub  said.

It wasn't immediately known if Matisyahu would accept the new invitation.

In the letter sent Tuesday, the Jewish congress said the decision's "anti-Semitic overtones are not in Spain's best interests," adding that the Jewish community in Spain and worldwide were deeply troubled by the incident.

The organization had suggested Spain should consider recuperating public funding for the festival, being held this week in eastern Spain.

Spain's Foreign Ministry said Tuesday the government understood the Jewish communities' unease, adding that Spain opposed boycott campaigns against Israel. It reiterated its support for a Palestinian state through negotiations.

Festival organizers originally said they canceled the Aug. 22 concert because Matisyahu refused to state his positon regarding the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the issue of a Palestinian state. He was the only artist asked to do so. They had said the festival has always supported the Palestinian people's rights and denied that the decision was a result of a pro-Palestinian group's campaign.

But in the statement Wednesday, it recognized that the group's pressure tactics had prevented them from seeing the situation clearly.

Because antisemtism is everywhere, especially in Europe and Spain.
This is not just me, its clear to anyone who isn't trying to wish away these things are purely political opposition to the policies of Israel in Palestine
http://www.pewforum.org/files/2015/02/Restrictions2015_fullReport.pdf

They targeted because he's associated with judiaism which is automatically and reflectively associated with israel in Europe. How is that not antisemitic and racist?

• Organisers invite him but were unaware of his past comments on the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.
  • The BDS find out and begin to publicise his comments and pressurise the organisers to drop him.
  • Organisers are caught off-guard and ask him whats up, trying to find a way to appease the potential poor PR that may follow were they to allow him to perform. Hoping he'd give a less controversial viewpoint, he didn't want to get into it.
  • They decide its too much of a risk and drop him.

I don't think it was a case of them having a process by which they vet Jewish performers on their political viewpoint regarding the Israeli state. Rather, what is more likely to have occurred is a reaction on their part after learning of his past public comments.

Why is BSD targeting him, he's not Israeli, he's a Jewish-American. Right from the start the whole thing becomes antisemetic.

BSD claims its not racist and antisemetic and only to target Israel but right here they're trying to block a non-israeli jew from performing because he said something a few years ago about the Gaza Flotilla and supports a Jewish state.

And you really don't think they vetted his comments about Israel because he was jewish? I have a bridge to sell you.

Why is BSD targeting him, he's not Israeli, he's a Jewish-American. Right from the start the whole thing becomes antisemetic.

BSD claims its not racist and antisemetic and only to target Israel but right here they're trying to block a non-israeli jew from performing because he said something a few years ago about the Gaza Flotilla and supports a Jewish state.

Because he's someone who was going to perform at the Festival organised by people who were "sensitive to Palestine, its people and the occupation of its territory by Israel.” They are perfectly within their moral right to reject those who support the current Jewish state. Opposition to the Israeli government is not equivalent to opposition to the notion of a Jewish homeland, much less opposition to Jewish people.

And you really don't think they vetted his comments about Israel because he was jewish? I have a bridge to sell you.
We don't know whether or not they were aware of his views beforehand. Let's assume they did: the BDS then get involved and publicise his past views, and then the organisers cancel the invite. Why?

A. Because they invited a Jewish person.
B. Because they invited someone with controversial views on the Israeli/Palestinian side and the BDS would highlight it.​

The important element in this entire issue was that the original story made no mention of his past views and introduced the story as a random Jewish guy being refused to play. The insinuation being - as the BDS became involved - that he was rejected purely because he was Jewish. Regardless of whether or not they knew beforehand, its clear that the BDS presented him in the context of his past views and that bad PR is what prompted the organisers to pull back. Were that made clear at the start, we'd see a different reaction to the story.

Because he's someone who was going to perform at the Festival organised by people who were "sensitive to Palestine, its people and the occupation of its territory by Israel.” They are perfectly within their moral right to reject those who support the current Jewish state. Opposition to the Israeli government is not equivalent to opposition to the notion of a Jewish homeland, much less opposition to Jewish people.

We don't know whether or not they were aware of his views beforehand. Let's assume they did: the BDS then get involved and publicise his past views, and then the organisers cancel the invite. Why?

B. Because they invited someone with controversial views on the Israeli/Palestinian side and the BDS would highlight it.​

The important element in this entire issue was that the original story made no mention of his past views and introduced the story as a random Jewish guy being refused to play. The insinuation being - as the BDS became involved - that he was rejected purely because he was Jewish. Regardless of whether or not they knew beforehand, its clear that the BDS presented him in the context of his past views and that bad PR is what prompted the organisers to pull back. Were that made clear at the start, we'd see a different reaction to the story.
Oh really? They were following their morals based on facts presented by BDS but changed their mind due to bad PR?

Why don't we look at the official statement.

A Rototom Sunsplash public institutional declaration regarding the cancellation of Matisyahu
1. Rototom Sunsplash rejects anti-Semitism and any form of discrimination towards the Jewish community; we respect both their culture as religious beliefs and we sincerely apologize for what has occurred, thereby rectifying point 4* in the previous release regarding this controversy.
2. Rototom Sunsplash would like to publicly apologize to Matisyahu for having cancelled his concert and invite him to perform at the festival next Saturday 22 August, as was initially programmed in the lineup.
3. Rototom Sunplash admits that it made a mistake, due to the boycott and the campaign of pressure, coercion and threats employed by the BDS País Valencià because it was perceived that the normal functioning of the festival could be threatened. All of which prevented the organization from reasoning clearly as to how to deal with the situation properly.
4. After 22 years of history, Rototom Sunsplash reaffirms its commitment to a Culture of Peace and respect between cultures, including the freedom of belief as recognized in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Spanish Constitution.
* “Rototom Sunsplash, after having repeatedly sought dialogue given the unavailability of the artist for comment, in order to clearly declare himself regarding the war and in particular the right of the Palestinian people to have their own State, has decided to cancel the performance of Matisyahu scheduled for August 22”
It was a "campaign of pressure, coercion and threats" by the local BDS chapter that resulted in the decision. I don't know if the particular people involved were anti-semites, but the movement as a whole has a long history of deceit, threatening behaviour, and also, unfortunately, anti-semitism.

The entirety of this thought process boils down to finding a justifiable technically non-anti-semtic reason ignoring the reality and history of these movements, Spanish anti-semtism, and the growing anti-semetic movement in Europe which has been using the palestinian statehood debate to attack Jews.

You find these type of "lets give them the benefit of the doubt" arguments in every type of bigoted argument, from Anti-black crimes, anti-latino, anti-muslim, anti-transgender. Of course its possible to concoct a justification that doesn't rest on his Jewish heritage but doing so ignores reality, history and a litany of studies, and the fact that of course no one would actually admit such a thing, just like no one says their transphobic, racist, xenophobic etc. It doesn't mean that's not the underlying justification and reason.

collige

Banned
That's fucking stupid. The whole point of BDS is to apply economic pressure on the actual state of Israel, not the entire Jewish religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom