• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spectrum Studio Boss in Hot Water as “Naked Sauna” outlined as Part of Employees Requirements Surface

pachura

In most saunas, being "naked" means you should not wear a costume/trunks, but if you want, you can wear a big towel that covers most of your body.

PS. Playing a game about saunas instead of actually going there... what's the point...

PeteBull

Just do this and u are golden, strongly recommend watching one of Arnie's action classics, Red Heat, with James Belussi too :D
Jokes aside nothing to see here, dev studio making game about saunas and they openly mention those requirements in job offers.
No1 is forced/harrased.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Fk the optics, fk being politically correct, and fk woke agenda, it doesnt bring anything good to any industry anyways, only losses.
Woke ppl in the west dont realise that "2024/optics" crowds is small bubble compared to whole world, those 50m woke flakes in the US/Canada + another maybe 100m in the rest of western world is nothing vs 8b ppl of total earth population.

It seems to me you're simply at the opposite extreme. I just see two polar ends of knee-jerkiness clashing, while the rest of us observe and laugh - Albeit often puzzled by the thoughtless volatility.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
His company, his rules. Plus he's being honest about it on the job description.

I see no problem here.

PeteBull

It seems to me you're simply at the opposite extreme. I just see two polar ends of knee-jerkiness clashing, while the rest of us observe and laugh - Albeit often puzzled by the thoughtless volatility.
Yups i dont give a fk some woke weirdo cancels me or w/e, im just ur avg mortal, so ofc wont be pandering to transformers or any other woke crowd.

Sakura

If saunas are so integral to the game, just hire someone who is already knowledgeable about them to write/direct it.
Everybody else can just watch a Youtube video or do their own research. It's not going to be that pertinent to everybody's role on the team.
His company his rules sure whatever, but it still seems pretty weird. Gives the impression that something is off with the guy.

Idk, the whole situation is weird but I think if it is listed in the job description and the employees are "ah okay" with that, then what's the problem? Well, beyond being the whole naked sauna stuff...

This is not a place I'd be wanting to work for, and I hope no scandal comes out of this. Maybe they do really just want to make a "sauna master" game or whatever they call it.

See you around Spectrum Studios. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I can't see how that would be a work requirement. If things are as they seem, that doesn't look too good.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
His company, his rules. Plus he's being honest about it on the job description.

I see no problem here.
If he wasn't badgering people who have already stated multiple times they aren't interested because of that requirement then maybe you could say this isn't a big deal.
But even in your own company, at a certain point this becomes contentious, if you run say a Doctors office and require mandatory naked volleyball every Wednesday I would say that is a big problem.

Fess

This is a non story. Nobody is forced to comply. As a sauna addict myself, I agree you must experience it to understand it.
I like saunas too but I don’t see why you have to experience saunas to understand it with your boss and during meetings.
Could just state in the job description that real sauna experience is required and have meetings as usual in the office.
What are they doing during those sauna meetings that are so important for the narrative work?

I like saunas too but I don’t see why you have to experience saunas to understand it with your boss and during meetings.
Could just state in the job description that real sauna experience is required and have meetings as usual in the office.
What are they doing during those sauna meetings that are so important for the narrative work?
True. I guess it would be like a company booking an excursion for everyone so they get some type of experience that might help them better produce whatever product it might relate to. I mean this is in a different country that views this type of thing very differently than we do on the states so I think it requires more context but the reality is just don't work there if you don't want to do these employee meetings in the sauna lol. It's really just silly to be honest.

Frwrd

Melting Hot Dog GIF

Fess

I mean this is in a different country that views this type of thing very differently than we do on the states so I think it requires more context but the reality is just don't work there if you don't want to do these employee meetings in the sauna lol. It's really just silly to be honest.
Saunas are very common at my location. But used for work meetings? Nah. It’s an after work or friends thing, or if you’re at a spa or bath house of course. No details if they go to a public sauna but that ”my narrative girls” comment makes it sound sus
You’re right though, nobody is forced to apply for the job.

tygertrip

Sorry I'm not outraged.. just don't really care about this. No one is forcing people to work there and it's in the requirements not like it's a surprise. Also You don't have to be naked.

So whatever there are more important things going on.
Agreed. It’s just some people looking for something to manufacture outrage. This actually weeds out the professional victim grifters. They exist, I’ve worked with one.

tygertrip

My favorite part of this decades later. Is when all the female workers said they were a-okay and even encouraged this themselves. That's a female programmer in the picture. It was a different time, literally hot off the sexual revolution years. Cocaine, sex, and partying. But the fugly danger haired retards still were canceling Nolan to this day and being "offended" for literally no one.
It is a badge of honor to be “cancelled” by those freaks. I’d be upset if one of them approved of me!

tygertrip

I don't see anything wrong with the complain , it's creepy tbh .

It's like I'm posting a job hiring and mention
”Slim white women only ,big titty, prefer milf.“

I'm being honest in job hiring requirement
but it's still creepy , people are going to complain about it which is normal
False equivalency. Also the only people complaining about this are professional victims and college kids with too much time on their hands.

Naked Sauna With Your Boss Simulator 2024.

In Finland you definitely do sauna naked, I have seen the t&a of essentially all the female people I know.
I seriously question why this is supposed to be such a big deal, some people's' attitudes about nudity are weird if you think about and I think Finland's makes more sense than America's.

From what I understand, saunas and the nudity that comes with that are a pretty normal part of Polish, so asking this isn't as odd as it may seems and this is being zeroed in and removed of context.

Fess

In Finland you definitely do sauna naked, I have seen the t&a of essentially all the female people I know.
Up north in Sweden too. I’m sure we’re not as hardcore as the finnish population but growing up in the 70s essentially means that every house has a sauna. And at my workplace too.
But work meetings? Why? What are you going to learn there that you can’t learn any of the other times you’re in a sauna?

PeteBull

Up north in Sweden too. I’m sure we’re not as hardcore as the finnish population but growing up in the 70s essentially means that every house has a sauna. And at my workplace too.
But work meetings? Why? What are you going to learn there that you can’t learn any of the other times you’re in a sauna?
He is developping sauna game, he openly mentions that requirement, ppl got free will and arent obligated to apply for that job.
He can dictate what he wants his employers to do in job requirements, future potential employes can agree to that or look for other job offers which are plenty in tech industry.

Fess

He is developping sauna game, he openly mentions that requirement, ppl got free will and arent obligated to apply for that job.
He can dictate what he wants his employers to do in job requirements, future potential employes can agree to that or look for other job offers which are plenty in tech industry.
Yeah as said nobody is forced to apply for the job. I’m just stuck thinking about the serious game dev meetings while in the actual sauna naked with his ”narrative girls”. But who knows could be legit, some role playing sessions maybe, idk

Last edited:

PeteBull

Yeah as said nobody is forced to apply for the job. I’m just stuck thinking about the serious game dev meetings while in the actual sauna naked with his ”narrative girls”. But who knows could be legit, some role playing sessions maybe, idk
To me he can list requirements for the job he is offering to be former moon landing, he has right to it, if he doesnt get any1 then he can take it off eventually but its his and only his choice, he is upfront about it.

He mentioned female only gatherings too so its not pervert company boss wanting to see his female employes naked, its just about having first hand experience with saunas, be it for men or women who develop the game.

For all i care one of his emloyers could even look like Gorlock The Destroyer :p

Fess

To me he can list requirements for the job he is offering to be former moon landing, he has right to it, if he doesnt get any1 then he can take it off eventually but its his and only his choice, he is upfront about it.

He mentioned female only gatherings too so its not pervert company boss wanting to see his female employes naked, its just about having first hand experience with saunas, be it for men or women who develop the game.

For all i care one of his emloyers could even look like Gorlock The Destroyer :p

Maybe, but then he could’ve just listed having first hand experience in saunas.
Could be that they’re improvising and role playing.
Either way I think he should’ve said ”my narrative crew, men and women” when trying to calm the woman though, not ”My narrative girls had to go to sauna with me”, to not come off as a perv boss.

Last edited:

PeteBull

Maybe, but then he could’ve just listed having first hand experience in saunas.
Could be that they’re improvising and role playing.
Either way I think he should’ve said ”my narrative crew, men and women” when trying to calm the woman though, not ”My narrative girls had to go to sauna with me”, to not come off as a perv boss.
Im the opinion to not treat women like some 2nd class humans in workforce, they wanted feminism and to be able to work outside home- then they need to meet same standards as guys, no freebies, when women get freebies u end up with vids like this one

If u, as a woman cant/dont wanna do same job as man can, its ok- dont apply.
Edit:
Btw, feminism is over as soon as ur country gets invaded, recent proof was in feb 2022 when ukrainian women could leave country freely while men 18-60yo werent able to, coz they had to sacrifice their lives as soldiers :)
Im from Poland, we accepted solid few milions of ukrainian women, children and elderly so it wasnt fake, then u see young/middleaged ukrainian women partying across western countries while men die/get injuried/taken into captivity as soldiers- that shows u how much of a fake position feminism is.

U will see if/when US is in some srs conflict(from what we can tell very likely vs China over Taiwan, might be much more if it spreads) all the feminists(both male and female ones) will "vanish/hide" and all young men will be required to sacrifice themselfs "for the good of the country", then suddenly patriotism/nationalism will be good thing once again :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom