• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike Out Closet Battle for Xbox at TGS (If anybody still cares)

MrSingh

Sho Nuff and I spent about 30 mins playing the 1 level demo at TGS. MS had 4 machines linked up on Live (I assume it's on Live instead of local LAN since most of their Live kiosks had "internet connection provided by Tepco" labels).

The characters are new, but the demo level is lifted from the arcade game.

- Still no weapons in the game (maybe they'll add it later)
- No lag, feels like a local network game
- Gameplay feels just like the original arcade game, doesn't seem to be any new buttons/gameplay enhancements
- Finally looks like an Xbox game. They fixed the graphics. Textures look suitably high res now but in the end it looks nothing special, at least it no longer looks like crap like the original press screens released at the last E3.
- AI is non-existant in the TGS demo
- Gameplay is old school. Good old beat-em-up fun.

So what has Sega (AV) been up to in the last 2++ years? They've been working on this since 2002, I hope the final game is much better than the TGS demo level.

Hotsuma

MrSingh said:
Sho Nuff and I spent about 30 mins playing the 1 level demo at TGS. MS had 4 machines linked up on Live (I assume it's on Live instead of local LAN since most of their Live kiosks had "internet connection provided by Tepco" labels).

The characters are new, but the demo level is lifted from the arcade game.

- Still no weapons in the game (maybe they'll add it later)
- No lag, feels like a local network game
- Gameplay feels just like the original arcade game, doesn't seem to be any new buttons/gameplay enhancements
- Finally looks like an Xbox game. They fixed the graphics. Textures look suitably high res now but in the end it looks nothing special, at least it no longer looks like crap like the original press screens released at the last E3.
- AI is non-existant in the TGS demo
- Gameplay is old school. Good old beat-em-up fun.

So what has Sega (AV) been up to in the last 2++ years? They've been working on this since 2002, I hope the final game is much better than the TGS demo level.

You think there is a chance all of the original Spikeout levels will be included in Extreme?

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
MrSingh said:
Finally looks like an Xbox game. They fixed the graphics. Textures look suitably high res now but in the end it looks nothing special, at least it no longer looks like crap like the original press screens released at the last E3.

Good! This is the best news I've heard in weeks. The game looked like a Dreamcast game at E3.

Top Bottom