• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGX 2013 |OT| DON'T BE CRANKY [Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epcott

No Man's Sky looks amazing. But with a team of 4, I don't see us playing this until 2016 XD

This, Division and Broken Age are so beautiful.

I will preface this with two things. I think Keighley is a great guy and I'm not watching this, I'm just watching the GAF reactions. My understanding, however, is that Keighley was allowed more "control" over this because it was taking up spike tv's time slot (cause, you know, we need that time to air re-runs of cops). This.....thing that has been airing sounds like shit. It's an awards show, just do it that way. Present some awards, lets people talk about their love of games. Don't bring in a hostile host and make everyone watching feel awkward.

The format is solid, though. Hosts intro game, air a trailer/gameplay and then sit down and talk with people associated with the game.

Regardless of whether Keighley had a say in the host, it seems clear McHale is taking things in a bad direction by himself. Take out McHale and put in somebody who genuinely gives a shit about games/wants to be there and you'd have something. I'd much, much rather watch this than 'like the Emmy's, but with videogames!'

Tripon

It is weird as fuck that the best looking and most exciting are from independent studios. AAA studios need to step their game up.

bigace33

Eh, no man's Sky looks a bit janky. Not too interested to be honest

stand-out-in-the-crowd.jpg

Yondy604

Banned
The guy sold his house to make a game, it did well and now is making another.

This man will never make no $ again, some developer will snag him in a second

iammeiam

Can Joel at least say something intellectual, please?

What, like Geoff's checklist of the Boring Stereotypical Dev Comments?

I get the impression McHale's trying to get actual reactions from people, while Geoff is just going for standard PR blather.

I think I'm just glad this isn't as boring as the last two things I watched Geoff host.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom