• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGX 2013 |OT| DON'T BE CRANKY [Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mentok

Banned
Wow...this is a terrible show. What I loved about the old format was that it represented the medium as equals to tv and movies. This new format looks like it was thrown together by internet fans, just terrible.

The format is solid, though. Hosts intro game, air a trailer/gameplay and then sit down and talk with people associated with the game.

Regardless of whether Keighley had a say in the host, it seems clear McHale is taking things in a bad direction by himself. Take out McHale and put in somebody who genuinely gives a shit about games/wants to be there and you'd have something. I'd much, much rather watch this than 'like the Emmy's, but with videogames!'

The awards are so incredibly awkward though. Why don't they just call it a presentation and take out the awards completely? Every time they hand out an award like three people behind the camera clap and that's it. Feels pretty pathetic.

Plaguefox

I thought I heard that this was commercial free, but that was pretty blatantly a commercial for a TV show right? Teen Wolf? That wasn't a game right? I wasn't paying attention.

Asgaro

YJIVc1U.png

This gaming generation...
And it will only get messier.
GET HYPE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom