• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGX 2013 |OT| DON'T BE CRANKY [Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ieatzombies

Joel obviously doesn't give a rats arse about this. The one thing that is interesting is, he kind of is speaking some truth at points which is..good. This "award" show..jeez.

ozfunghi

ih7fFLzDHKm7Q.gif

I died.

BizzyBum

Christ, I wish GAF would actually stay up and function when events like this happen. So annoying.

Anyway, this is really really really terrible. Not like these were great to begin with, but I much prefer the format when they had a live audience and NPH hosting.

Kusagari

Sure, but over a 3 hour show it just doesn't work.

I'm not sure whose bright idea it was to have him around for literally everything going on. There's no reason he has to be present for all the interviews and everything.

I'm not really complaining because it's adding unintentional comedy, but weird decision.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Quantum break showed nothing. Chest high walls and shooting means nothing. Could be good, could be bad.

Loving Joel. Will be interesting to see how close Geoff gets to actually killing him by the end of three hours.

Also why the embarrassment? This is what games are. It's a bunch of trailers and devs talking - not close to as embarrassing as last year.

Nekrono

Doesn't the VGA's are supposed to be live with people in a stage rather than a studio? Is this a pre-show or something?

EDIT: Ok just read it's a new format.

SykoTech

What were you expecting?

For them to announce things and keep moving like they did back when it was a Live TV ceremony.

Or at least have really good reveals like they did in previous years. I suppose there's still time to turn things around in that area though.

Nibiru

Banned
I want Joel to say whatever he wants to say.

Clearly hates those lines he's been given.

I'm with you. They don't even produce jack shit for him and he is forced to wing it. People have no idea how difficult that is, especially when your co-host is a humorless drip.

I agree.

To me, he's cutting through the bullshit that saturates this business. The "oh we can't tell you" bullshit, the "oh we can't tell you when this is coming out" bullshit. (If you can't tell us anything, why the fuck did you show up?) The "Remedy multiverse" (who the fuck talks like that in real-life?) bullshit. Ect.

What's making it hilarious is how Geoff is so freaking uncomfortable with it.

Exactly why I'm 100% on board with him co-hosting.

Neolucifer

Neo Member
Joel obviously doesn't give a rats arse about this. The one thing that is interesting is, he kind of is speaking some truth at points which is..good. This "award" show..jeez.

Precisely , that's what "hurts" , he is being a jerk , for fun AND on purpose , but at the same time highlight what's so wrong about those shows and the gaming industry . Seriously going on about the Remedy multiverse and all that boring tech talk in an award show and world gameplay premiere ? Enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom