• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGX 2013 |OT| DON'T BE CRANKY [Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.
5Ft8M.png

10/10

wrowa

Clearly I'm just being an ass ... but $3.3 million is a ton of money. You could really churn out something crazy with that.

I'm not saying this game will be bad or anything ... and obviously people wanted to donate their money to get the game made ... but $3.3 million is just so much money.

I think you have a wrong view on how much money is spend on the development of games. 3 million is just a little more than nothing if you have a professional team that wants to get paid.

MBS

Banned
GTA V completely deserved it, get over it. However the overall show is pretty mediocre, is it aired from inside a pub? lol, what a mess.

Sneds

Tim is a genuinely funny and likeable guy. They should have just let him talk about the game without Joel speaking over him making snarky remarks.

Dunkers92

After seeing all the comments about Broken age, I think I may have have turned off a bit too soon, but I couldn't do it to myself anymore.

This has been so so bad. Just a complete train wreck. McHale is just straight up annoying.

ChrisW

Joel is starting to piss me off, he's not letting people talk about their games & being really pig headed!

It's almost like Geoff and Joel dislike each other and are trying to give each other slight backhanded jabs!

TomShoe

Banned
The best reviewed game this year won GOTY? WHAT A FUCKING TRAVESTY!

Fuck you. Just because a game sells a shit ton of copies doesn't mean it's supposed to be a great game. If it was, Call of Duty would win GOTY year in and year out. I enjoyed the game. A lot. GTA V was GREAT. People reviewed it well, and it deserved every one of those ratings.

But The Last of Us was a MASTERPIECE. It was the only game with an ending that could make me cry. I will play this game for so long or at least until the PS5 comes out. I'm just disappointed that people keep crying out for new IPs and now that they get one, they still choose the same old formula. Awards should be decided on CONTENT, not Metacritic rating, troll.

What is the appeal of Broken age? and similar games? I can't stand playing something if the mechanics are just point+click and telling a story. I don't care about which millionaire voice actor they hired either.

They're not paying that much for any of the actors.

The appeal: Story based games with great art styles that's not 85% mass murder simulation.

Smash88

Banned
Let us be an ass because you are not interested in the game.

Actually I was extremely interested in the game during it's kickstarter. I even considered pledging, but decided against, because I am aware of how many of these games tend to fail.

I'm not an ass. I just don't see how this game can justify the 3.3 million spent. Maybe 50% went to funding Elijah Wood to become a voice actor for the game.

Perfectly happy with my pledge for the game: $100.

So funny to see jaded comments like yours though. :)

Not jaded - just can't see the justification of 3.3 million dollars. Still funny to see how upset you are.

You're being an ignorant asshole.

I see you are mad. It's good you at least noticed that I am correct.

The Cowboy

WTF is it with these stupid segments?, I mean this show has to be piss taking us all right? - its like a complete A to Z of how to take the piss.

Bundy

Banned
Guys, I just arrived at home.
What have I missed?
New "Donkey Kong" footage, "Tales From The Borderlands" and...... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom