• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiral Knights |OT| Piercing the Clockworks -- FREE co-op ARPG for PC/Mac/Linux

"Does your mist energy regenerate 100% on 24 hour intervals, or does it gradually regenerate across the day to a maximum of 100% regenerated per 24 hours?"

The latter.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Teknopathetic said:
"Does your mist energy regenerate 100% on 24 hour intervals, or does it gradually regenerate across the day to a maximum of 100% regenerated per 24 hours?"

The latter.
Thanks.

The wiki on crafting says:

Alchemy Machine

Alchemy Machines are located in Haven, Moorcroft Manor, and Emberlight. Haven has several Alchemy Machines which can be found in the Bazaar, Arcade, and Main Square. The cost of crafting an item depends on its star level, and generally doubles with each additional star.

Alchemy Cost:
★☆☆☆☆: 200 crowns/ 10 energy
★★☆☆☆: 400 crowns/ 50 energy
★★★☆☆: 1000 crowns / 100 energy
★★★★☆: 2,500 crowns/ 200 energy
★★★★★: 5,000 crowns/ 300 energy

Does that mean, without paying for crystal energy, there is no way of crafting 4 and 5 star items, and the only way to obtain them is through shopkeepers?

Also, the bomb is hella inefficient when it comes to damage done over time.

ZiZ

great game. Even though I'm still stuck with my starter armor.

I was playing yesterday and saw a guild called Dudebros. do they have anything to do with GAF or is it just a coincidence?

ZiZ

enzo_gt said:
Thanks.

The wiki on crafting says:

Does that mean, without paying for crystal energy, there is no way of crafting 4 and 5 star items, and the only way to obtain them is through shopkeepers?

I think you can buy energy with in-game currency.

As with a lot of the other replies, the game is a lot of fun to play. It is simple and has a lot of charm.

I like that it is cross-platform too and written in Java.

Hopefully is succeeds on some level, as I will keep playing it and trying it out.

vertopci

enzo_gt said:
Thanks.
Also, the bomb is hella inefficient when it comes to damage done over time.

It's not meant to do damage over time. It meant to either split of large groups of enemies (blast bombs) or inflict some type of status effect upon them (haze bombs)

I've played for about an hour so far and I'm liking it. I keep trying to roll away from enemies when they attack even though there is no roll. Energy also seems to go quickly but that's ok since it's fairly cheap at the moment. Need to get into a guild so I have people to play with.

Einbroch

Banned
I'm hooked on this game. It's scratching my Diablo itch really good. I can't wait to get more energy and delve deeper into the dungeons!

I'm tempted to buy energy, too. It's pretty dang cheap for what it offers...

Fou-Lu

Enjoying this game, finally have an MMO to play with my MAC using best friend. We plan on hording as much energy as we can before prices go up.

Proven

Hmm, going to try it with some friends. I like that there's 360 controller support... I'm starting to use it more often

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
When I tick "full screen", the app disappears from my desktop but is still running in the background.

I have to kill the process and reload the game after this, and it starts in a window.

Anyone else having this problem?

Win7 64 bit
5770 latest drivers

Nabs

bathala said:
just tried it out. pretty fun. those armors and weapons r expensive
Buy recipes instead of items and craft them yourself. It's much cheaper that way.

Takao

Banned
FlyinJ said:
When I tick "full screen", the app disappears from my desktop but is still running in the background.

I have to kill the process and reload the game after this, and it starts in a window.

Anyone else having this problem?

Win7 64 bit
5770 latest drivers

Yeah, the same is happening with me. I try resizing the window (or enable fullscreen) via the options menu and the application disappears from my taskbar. Also Windows 7.

The window size is too big for my laptop so I'm missing all the stuff on the bottom...

Oh hey, it's that Crystal Chronicles clone that was in beta a while back! I was gonna play it since I love the fuck out of CC and PSO but never got around to it. The mist energy thing kind of worries me though...

Yeah, eagerly awaiting the gaf guild, being semi-accountable to other people and actually having focused team play is the only way I can actually play this type of game for any sizable amount of time (and enjoy it).

Do the crafting ingredients all drop off of monsters? Or can you buy them somewhere? I'm looking to make this gun I bought the recipe for... also, anyone know if the guns ever get any better? I bought this cyclops helmet and this single shot/reload gun, thinking the one shot would do a ton of damage, but it doesn't do as much as a single sword strike.

edit: ooh ooh, also, where do you more energy with in game crowns?

Guild created. My IGN is Varindo. Hollaaaa.

"Do the crafting ingredients all drop off of monsters? Or can you buy them somewhere? I'm looking to make this gun I bought the recipe for... also, anyone know if the guns ever get any better? I bought this cyclops helmet and this single shot/reload gun, thinking the one shot would do a ton of damage, but it doesn't do as much as a single sword strike."

Click the Energy icon at the bottom right, then go to "Trade." You can buy certain ingredients with tokens (the Primal/Grim, etc. Sparks) from a vendor in town, but it's all rare ingredients.

Teknoman

I like how they've changed alot of the enemies from beta. There are still slime monsters (as expected) but now you get to fight little mecha-spiders and scrap zombies along with some of the earlier enemies.

People seem alot less talkative here than back in the PSO random party days. Ran through a whole training area with Demon's Souls style movement based communication.

After spending 2 or 3 hours (I lost track) in this game, I really like it! Really love the art design. Can't believe this is a Java game...

Saw someone walking around in the Neogaf guild. How do I join? :)

Einbroch

Banned
Bought 750 energy. $2.45? Yes please. I use my 100 mist energy and only dip into my crystal energy when I don't want to leave a dungeon.

CE is so cheap, I love it.

Teknoman

Looking forward to hearing some of the different tracks later on. Really like the 8-bit sections in some of the themes.

Dreavus

Do any new special moves/techniques become available later in the game? I'm having fun right now, but it just feels like everyone is the same "class" (I use the term loosely) of "sword fighter with a 3 hit combo and a charge move".

"Do any new special moves/techniques become available later in the game? I'm having fun right now, but it just feels like everyone is the same "class" (I use the term loosely) of "sword fighter with a 3 hit combo and a charge move"."

Different weapons have different properties regarding attacks. Some have 3 hits, some have 5 swings of 2 hits, and some have 2 big slow hits. Guns have various properties like bullets splitting apart or being a "machine gun" type.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Is there a way to set up a 360 pad in the game itself? Setting up an Xpadder profile but it's a pain when you don't know exactly how the game works yet :p

Ysiadmihi said:
Is there a way to set up a 360 pad in the game itself? Setting up an Xpadder profile but it's a pain when you don't know exactly how the game works yet :p

Plug it in, start the game, it should assign it buttons automatically. Then you can customize them all you want (it's the 3rd column in the control setup). I switched attack to RT and "look in X direction" to the right stick for a twin-stick style gun control.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
HadesGigas said:
Plug it in, start the game, it should assign it buttons automatically. Then you can customize them all you want (it's the 3rd column in the control setup). I switched attack to RT and "look in X direction" to the right stick for a twin-stick style gun control.

Awesome, thanks.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Ok, so now the game shows the inputs for the 360 pad in the settings but the button presses do nothing. Could it be because I'm using a wireless pad?

Haunted

Tried this out, pretty neat.

I.. I'm ashamed to ask how to join the guild, all I can do from the social menu is invite friends and start one myself?

edit: ingame name is Haunted, obviously.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Haunted said:
Tried this out, pretty neat.

I.. I'm ashamed to ask how to join the guild, all I can do from the social menu is invite friends and start one myself?

edit: ingame name is Haunted, obviously.
Yeah I have no idea how to search for a guild or get into one besides being invited.

My in-game name is Enzogt for anyone who wants to add me.

Top Bottom