• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiral Knights |OT| Piercing the Clockworks -- FREE co-op ARPG for PC/Mac/Linux

Forkball

ArtistDude88 said:
Just in case someone wants to launch Spiral Knights through Steam:

Click Add Non-Steam Game
Navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\"
Add "javaw.exe"
It should come up as Spiral Knights in your Steam Library
Right-click Spiral Knights & click Properties
Change Target: to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe" -jar getdown-pro.jar
Change Start In: to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\spiral

*This was done on Windows 7

If you have trouble, put the Spiral Knight's launcher shortcut on your desktop.
Right-Click the shortcut, & go to the Shortcut tab
Look at the Target: box to find the location of your javaw.exe
Once that is added to Steam, Copy & Paste your Start In: bar into Spiral Knight's Properties on Steam.

Wah-Lah! Launch and enjoy Steam's overlay! I haven't had a problem with it yet.

I can't get this to work.

[edit] I DID IT. Can I not make this full screen?

vertopci

I got some magic cloaks. If anyone wants them for like...3k or something, let me know. No mats required.

In game name is Notvertopci

Wallach

Man, I'm surprisingly taken by this game. It's smacks of the original PSO quite a bit, which I was totally smitten with. A little rough technically but it's a more solid loot grinding game than I expected. Not played enough yet to see how the cash implementation will actually shake out, but so far it's been very unobtrusive (other than being a little surprised by the little vendor guy who pops up with the credit card fields right when you speak to him).

Will definitely put more time into it in the next few days.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This game is so well refined, seriously, I'm kind of in awe of how little criticisms I have for it.

That said, I ask my fellow GAFers, what do you guys think of the Magic Hood series of Helmets?

Think I wanna pick up a Magic Hood recipe. Anyone got one?

Dreavus

enzo_gt said:
This game is so well refined, seriously, I'm kind of in awe of how little criticisms I have for it.

That said, I ask my fellow GAFers, what do you guys think of the Magic Hood series of Helmets?

Think I wanna pick up a Magic Hood recipe. Anyone got one?

Magic hood is awesome. It was the armor set I originally was going to go for, but frayed fabrics were impossible for me to find for some reason. I ended up making Wolver because I had all the mats for it (and Haly conveniently had the recipes). :p

I might still make the switch if i can find enough materials, at the very least for a costume slot :D

Teknoman

Wow, this game gets pretty challenging once you start hitting depths of 5-6 in dungeons.

Oh and it seems you can counter attack by attacking right after you block an enemy attack. It pushes the enemy away while doing damage. Great for if you get cornered by a gang of mechazombies :p

Astery

Yay, I love me some PSO and Zelda. Registering now!

Edit: Damn it, server died when I was creating my character, fml

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
nataku said:
What the hell, why not.

Character name is Veplerion. Game is pretty fun so far.
oh so your the neogaf guild leader??.

also anyone have chart or table on how much i should be paying for mats || recipes?

like i am paying 800 for swordstone and a 100 for dark shard ( i was out of energy)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
shadowcomplex said:

also anyone have chart or table on how much i should be paying for mats || recipes?

like i am paying 800 for swordstone and a 100 for dark shard ( i was out of energy)
The GAF guild leader is Teknopathetic, or Varindo in-game.

eek5

finding some of the rare crafting materials is a pita. i don't even understand how people have leftovers to sell :/

CzarTim

Started playing this game a few days ago. It's so damned fun, and what a smart business model too.

Quick question: When playing with multiple people do you share everything? (I.E. crowns, mats, etc.)

I know minerals and heat are split.

Nabs

eek5 said:
finding some of the rare crafting materials is a pita. i don't even understand how people have leftovers to sell :/
I usually just buy the rare stuff with tokens. i end up finding them a few minutes later.

Dreavus

czartim said:
Started playing this game a few days ago. It's so damned fun, and what a smart business model too.

Quick question: When playing with multiple people do you share everything? (I.E. crowns, mats, etc.)

Minerals, heat, and crowns are all multiplied by the number of people in the party and then split. So If I pick up 10 crowns and you pick up 5, we both get 15 at the end. The only way this could become skewed is if you die and someone revives you. IIRC, the person who revives you actually gets about 30% of your current heat on revival.

Hearts are instanced so everyone can pick the same heart up to restore health.

When someone picks up a token everyone in the party gets one too, although the chat log doesn't show anyone else getting it.

Any single use "items" such as the health capsules or the status effect potions you can throw are not instanced and will go to the first person to run over them.

The only thing that is not shared is materials (scrap metal, sharp fangs, jelly drop, etc) and as far as I know distribution is completely random. I was paired with a random fellow for a while and at one point he got 8-9 drops in a row, even though it was just two of us. This is the only area where the system kind of sucks, imo.

XeroSauce

shadowcomplex said:

0 star (shards): 50cr each. All very common, but used in every craft. Cheaper in bulk.

1 star: 100cr - 300cr each. No rares here, and most aren't used for every craft.

2 star (common/unused): 500cr each.

2 star (rare/popular): 800-1000cr each. High demand, low stock, and some are rare aswell. This would be, for example, Swordstone or Monster bones.

3 star (common/unused): 2000cr each.

3 star (rare/popular): 3000cr each. Certain materials such as Drake Scale or Critter Carapace are quite rare, thus worth a lot.

4 star (general?): 4000cr - 5000cr. Four star materials are currently in low demand, and most of them have about the same drop rate aswell, so they're all about the same price.

5 star (common): 7500cr - 10000cr. Only drops in T3, which can be difficult to get to and complete. Demand is low.

5 star (rare): 15000cr - 20000cr, possibly more. In example, this would be mats such as Philoso Feather or Dragon Scale. (unsure about their actual drop rate now, but they were rare pre-wipe)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
czartim said:

Heat and Crowns go to everyone. Every item and mineral is distributed randomly (like by dice roll) except for Tokens. Tokens go to whoever picks them up I thought though.

Nevermind, just checked, everyone gets one.

eek5

Dreavus said:
I was paired with a random fellow for a while and at one point he got 8-9 drops in a row, even though it was just two of us. This is the only area where the system kind of sucks, imo.
Rofl.. I was soloing a level for a bit to try to get swordstone mats and some guy joins and gets about 6 mats in a row from me. FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
XeroSauce said:
0 star (shards): 50cr each. All very common, but used in every craft. Cheaper in bulk.

1 star: 100cr - 300cr each. No rares here, and most aren't used for every craft.

2 star (common/unused): 500cr each.

2 star (rare/popular): 800-1000cr each. High demand, low stock, and some are rare aswell. This would be, for example, Swordstone or Monster bones.

3 star (common/unused): 2000cr each.

3 star (rare/popular): 3000cr each. Certain materials such as Drake Scale or Critter Carapace are quite rare, thus worth a lot.

4 star (general?): 4000cr - 5000cr. Four star materials are currently in low demand, and most of them have about the same drop rate aswell, so they're all about the same price.

5 star (common): 7500cr - 10000cr. Only drops in T3, which can be difficult to get to and complete. Demand is low.

5 star (rare): 15000cr - 20000cr, possibly more. In example, this would be mats such as Philoso Feather or Dragon Scale. (unsure about their actual drop rate now, but they were rare pre-wipe)
Do you have a source? Or is it just street smarts?

Nabs

Let me know if you buy that recipe. I can give you most of those mats for free, as long as you make me a bomb as well.

Nabs

No clue, but it's probably expensive.

If anyone wants to split the price of a Faust recipe, let me know. I haven't seen it yet, but I want one.

Fjord

So what's to stop someone making 6 accounts, selling the energy on 5 of them and just funneling those crowns to their main?

Nabs

Fjord said:
So what's to stop someone making 6 accounts, selling the energy on 5 of them and just funneling those crowns to their main?

You won't get 6 sets of energy

Cagen

Just started to try it out, seems like it could be a fun little time waster though I'll probably get bored of it quick without friends to play it with.

Fjord said:
Computer ID i guess.

The way how I see it work is that:

If you have 2 accounts on the same computer, they both share the same mist energy reserve. However, if one of the account has purchased Crystal energy via paypal, CC, etc, then the mist energy they shared will be separated. So become efficient in farming, you need to spend at least 75 cents, which imo is not bad.

Dreavus

Fjord said:

I don't think you can sell the free energy (mist energy) at all, only the crystal energy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is there a specific gate that's best to farm for Jelly Gems with from the Jelly King? I want to go for that Divine Avenger or the Gran Faust D:

"Is there a specific gate that's best to farm for Jelly Gems with from the Jelly King? I want to go for that Divine Avenger or the Gran Faust D:"

There's only one gate at a time that'll have Royal Jelly. When trying to enter a dungeon, scroll down and see what the floors are and see if it has the Royal Jelly Palace.

Just started today and have many question!
1. Where does everyone get that really cool, kinda fox looking mask thing?
2. If you run out of energy, and don't wanna pay, you can't go down the elevators at all?
3. May I join the NeoGAF clan, please!

1. That's called the Wolver Cap, the recipe can be found at the half way point of dungeons, sold by Basil. He has a random rotation of items, so it might not be there the first few times you go visit him.

2. Yes, but you can buy energy via in-game currency.

3. Sure, what's your name.

Emitan

Name is Billychu. Add me. Is there magic in this game? Or any sort of abilities? So far I've just been slashing and shooting.

EDIT: Heat levels unlock abilities? Cool.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
any one have skelly helm recipe and mats? i am so close to a full set. also to the person that made me the skelly shield thanks again =D

edit:
Billychu said:
Name is Billychu. Add me. Is there magic in this game? Or any sort of abilities? So far I've just been slashing and shooting.

EDIT: Heat levels unlock abilities? Cool.
this reminds me does maxing a weapons heat then upgrading it have any advantage over just upgrading with no heat.

inb4 "i heard you like edit's"

Craft. 2* items cost 7500 vs 1000 for the recipe, 400 for the crafting + energy and mats.

The "hard" part is getting the recipe, but that's just a matter of luck.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Kuro Madoushi said:
Easier to craft or buy tier two armor outright?
both, let someone else make it for you, thats what i did for my skelly helm just pay for energy and a bit extra for labor cost and gather your own mats

Top Bottom